IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Well, it was fun while it lasted....

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-13, 07:25 AM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks like a real bad accident man, sorry to see that. But glad your ok and the car did its job in keeping you safe. Wishing you a speedy recovery and good luck with the next ride, 3IS FTW!
Old 07-17-13, 10:21 AM
o7iS250
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All that matters is that everyone is okay! You can always replace a car man
Old 07-17-13, 11:26 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You alive is all that matters, cars are replaceable....
Old 07-17-13, 12:01 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Glad you are in one piece bro! Hope you have witnesses to the scene that are taking your side that you had the right-of-way.

Get yourself the IS-F and enjoy the road trip! Stop off in Greenville, SC on your way through.
Old 07-17-13, 12:59 PM
Skins21
Driver School Candidate

Cars can always be replaced. Glad you came out of it without serious injury!
Old 07-17-13, 01:00 PM
VIPIs350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 06isDriver
No offence taken! THanks for all the well wishes.

Yeah, I'm feeling it today. I thnk 5 air bags went off? That was crazy. I thought I caught on fire for a second after i realized I wasnt impaled or crushed. Ya know whats funny? My wife always feared riding in the car because of how small and "unsafe" it was. She has a new found respect for Lexus engineering.

This happened yesterday around 530pm. Nobody got a ticket because the old guy is claiming a green arrow and i know that I was going through as it just turned yellow. He was trying to turn left from the opposite direction. As I was approaching the intersection, the light turned yellow, but I was too close to stop. So i gassed it, and immediately after I did, he starts to make a move. I thought to myself, "No way this guy is gonna go right now."

Oh look, yes he did!

I immediately hit the brakes swerving to the right, thinking certainly he is now aware of the situation and will stop. Well he didnt, and my car wouldnt either. I dont know if he wasnt paying attention at all, or if he thought I was gonna stop and he could take the yellow for a left turn. Regardless, I had the right of way and I guess insurance will have to figure that out now.

Im in Baton Rouge, btw. I had a lot of performance stuff on the car: custom made hood sealed intake,PPE headers, full exhaust,mapecu3, polished lower intake plenum, fsport rear sway, megan coilovers,enkei nt03 wheels.
I'm in baton rouge too. I knew I seen your car somewhere lol. Have you ever went to the Car meets on Florida & flannery corner?
Old 07-17-13, 01:09 PM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad everyone was ok and the car kept you safe...sad to see it go, and I hope you keep your talents in the Lexus family

+1 on the ISF and road trip
Old 07-17-13, 02:19 PM
minato
Pole Position

Glad everyone was ok, good to know you where riding in something safe and you are staying positive
cars are completely replaceable,
Old 07-17-13, 02:55 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Sorry bro, Hope you're ok. Hopefully insurance will be quick and you'll find something new to hits the streets in
Old 07-17-13, 04:05 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy crap! I had someone turn left in front of me one night last week and I had to nail the brakes to keep from smacking them. I open your thread and see a 1G1 with black wheels and the front smashed in? A real eye opener and partial flashback to what could have happened to me less than a week ago. So glad you're okay and hope you get all the details squared away quickly, smoothly and are able to move on as soon as possible.
Old 07-17-13, 04:19 PM
Nikon
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

damn. just glad to see you came out of that not real seriously injured.
Old 07-17-13, 04:24 PM
peacepawn
Driver School Candidate

Ahhh (( looks bad thankfully everyone is ok i know how it feels to lose your car but its time to move on to bigger... cough cough v8... better things
Old 07-18-13, 10:23 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

I dont usually go to the Flannery/Florida meets cause I dont know too many peeps, but I often pass by after some volleyball at Mangos.

So you'll see from the pics that alot of my performance mods are now fubared. The intake is busted in half, the wheel is broken through the barrel, the PPE headers are wedged against the frame/body, the exhaust was damaged by the tow truck loading it on the flat bed, and the interior is now all screwed up from them just throwing body parts into the back seat. I couldnt even get my full tank of gas I put in it the day it happened because of the anti theft devices lexus puts in their cars. I did find my glasses amongst the crap in the back seat....tow truck guys must have found them and just threw them in.

I was able to snag the MAPECU, but that was a pain cause it was mounted in the drivers side footwell that was partially crushed in. I wasnt able to get the harnesses for it, but mapecu sells those separately.

Snapped some more pics of the destruction:

Last edited by 06isDriver; 07-18-13 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-18-13, 10:34 AM
IS350AWD
Driver

Glad you're OK! I hope for speedy recovery and that insurance sees the truth in the matter.

What was the cause of the windshield cracking? What slammed into it...or was it just the force of the accident? And how did your rear bumper crack? Just curious.
Old 07-18-13, 10:42 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

I assume the windshield broke from the force of the wreck/airbag deployment. I can only guess that the rear damage is from the back end swinging around and striking the vehicle again after initial impact. The forces involved in a 50mph crash are astronomical to say the least......theres no telling what caused what.

Quick Reply: Well, it was fun while it lasted....