IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Blue Lights, Ricey? What's your opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-13, 09:40 PM
naduka
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Blue Lights, Ricey? What's your opinion?

So I've recently gotten into messing around with my car, and I'm just trying to get honest opinions from fellow Lexus owners, am I doing too much blue? Yeah I know the interior blue lights is kinda ehhh , I'm ordering new white lights as we speak. What do you guys think about the fogs and city lights though? I want new DRL's but I'm debating between different colors, recommendations? Thinking about going Hyper Yellow Nokya fogs although I love the blue fogs, seems to be a head turner in my area (Atlanta, GA). I'm running spacers on my exhaust until I can buy a decent axel back (sounds pretty nice no complaints), and black plasti-dipped stock rims.
Attached Thumbnails Blue Lights, Ricey? What's your opinion?-img_0891.jpg   Blue Lights, Ricey? What's your opinion?-img_0924.jpg  

Last edited by naduka; 07-16-13 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-16-13, 09:49 PM
lopaka07
Rookie

That's a lot of blue imo. It's all personal preference of course. I like matching headlights and city lights with either matching fogs or yellow fogs. Simple I guess. Anyhow, at least you're in the trial and error part of the lights. Good luck to you.
Old 07-16-13, 09:54 PM
naduka
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lopaka07
That's a lot of blue imo. It's all personal preference of course. I like matching headlights and city lights with either matching fogs or yellow fogs. Simple I guess. Anyhow, at least you're in the trial and error part of the lights. Good luck to you.
Yeah definitely, thanks for the opinion, the blue interiors are going for sure, going to pure white LED's just trying to see if I should keep the blue fogs and blue city lights or go yellow. And trying to decide on DRL colors too. Its a tough decision cause those are two very nice colors haha. Luckily from what I've heard in GA from multiple officers and from the research I've done, only if its flashing or rotating, blue is illegal; none of mine do that so I'm safe lol.
Old 07-16-13, 09:58 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Personally, I think the fogs might be a bit too much. While I like the light it emits, I too prefer the same headlight and fogs to match. I don't see anything wrong with the interior lights. In fact, I'd even do blue in the trunk but I hardly open it. My set up is LED white for the interior and trunk and blue for the puddle lamps. I really like how the blue looks inside the 2IS, but my gf turns on the lights often when I drive (typically at night), and to have a blue emitting light might attract the eyes of a cop rather quickly.
Old 07-16-13, 10:08 PM
Nikon
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

mods that subtly enhance the OEM appearance always look the best. bright blue is not OEM looking at all. a nice white with maybe a small hint of blue would likely get more positive reviews. it just doesn't look natural.
Old 07-16-13, 10:11 PM
Toxicxk23
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have all blue interior and mirror lights. Other than that, I have 6000K lo beams and white led fogs. The blue interior looks nice. I personally don't like the blue fogs.
Old 07-16-13, 10:33 PM
naduka
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Personally, I think the fogs might be a bit too much. While I like the light it emits, I too prefer the same headlight and fogs to match. I don't see anything wrong with the interior lights. In fact, I'd even do blue in the trunk but I hardly open it. My set up is LED white for the interior and trunk and blue for the puddle lamps. I really like how the blue looks inside the 2IS, but my gf turns on the lights often when I drive (typically at night), and to have a blue emitting light might attract the eyes of a cop rather quickly.
haha yeah what do you think about yellow fogs?

blue lights in ga in the interior aren't illegal as long as no bulbs are shown
Old 07-16-13, 10:34 PM
naduka
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Toxicxk23
I have all blue interior and mirror lights. Other than that, I have 6000K lo beams and white led fogs. The blue interior looks nice. I personally don't like the blue fogs.
that sounds like a nice setup, its so hard to see in the blue interior haha. what do you think about 6000k drls
Old 07-16-13, 10:41 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by naduka
haha yeah what do you think about yellow fogs?

blue lights in ga in the interior aren't illegal as long as no bulbs are shown
Yellow fogs aren't bad. I have a couple of friends who run either the film or the actual yellow bulb in the fog light housing. I just like the clean look of white, and if they match, all the better.
Old 07-16-13, 10:42 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Never seen fogs that blue. schweet
Old 07-17-13, 03:22 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Those blue fogs are cop magnets, surprised you haven't been pulled over yet. Yes it's ricy IMO
Old 07-17-13, 04:30 AM
allicedout
Rookie

Uncle Ben would be pround.
Old 07-17-13, 07:34 AM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a fan of the blue, plus in most states running blue lights can have a major fine attached to it if a cop pulls you over. Not sure what the laws are in yours but its worth considering.
Old 07-17-13, 09:41 AM
Bdub619
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I like it, altho the blue interior is a little too much for me, I still think it looks good. I have the blue highbeams as well, and upgraded my mirror lights to blue/purple. It's the little things that make the car.
Old 07-17-13, 10:00 AM
panda08
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

blue fogs and interior make the car look tacky IMO. Im surprised Atlanta PD hasn't stopped you for the blue fogs since it kinda could be like a police car?

Ive had those Nokya yellow fog lights and man did they suck. I suggest getting a 3000k HID set for your fogs and a yellow overlay for the fog light housing.

Quick Reply: Blue Lights, Ricey? What's your opinion?