IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

LED DRL post again!! (suggestion needed)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-13, 10:46 AM
jimjaix
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED DRL post again!! (suggestion needed)

Hi, do you guys recommend taking the dust cap off for DRL LED? unfortunately http://store.ijdmtoy.com/9005-LED-Da...d_sku45_r4.htm this decoder does not fit behind the dust cap and was wondering should I leave the cap off and go with DRL LED since I don't want to drill a hole...
Old 06-12-13, 01:04 PM
AliIS
Driver School Candidate

They claim to just leave the dust cap off as its for "appearance" and Lexus "loves to cover things". In my opinion, I would rather have it than not have it. If you contact them and send them this picture they will ask for you to send your decoders in, once received, they will send you the updated mini decoders which easily fit behind the dust cap.
Old 06-12-13, 01:21 PM
jimjaix
Lead Lap

I don't have a decoder at the moment, is that the latest decoder iJDMtoy uses? The decoder from the link I posted is different.
Old 06-12-13, 01:33 PM
AliIS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jimjaix
I don't have a decoder at the moment, is that the latest decoder iJDMtoy uses? The decoder from the link I posted is different.
I have no idea what you're talking about. In the original post you posted a link which has the big fat decoders that don't fit behind the dust cover. The decoder I posted is an optional decoder they will send you at no extra charge upon request. You send in your fat decoder they send you the slim one.
Old 06-12-13, 01:52 PM
jimjaix
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AliIS
I have no idea what you're talking about. In the original post you posted a link which has the big fat decoders that don't fit behind the dust cover. The decoder I posted is an optional decoder they will send you at no extra charge upon request. You send in your fat decoder they send you the slim one.
Ah I see, I haven't purchase the product yet I just emailed them about it. That's even better I can just request them give me the slim version. Does it get really hot? Just wondering
Old 06-12-13, 04:31 PM
MrKayVu
Driver School Candidate

I'm currently running the LED DRLs from iJDMtoy but with the normal bulky decoders. I've called them before I placed my order and requested the slim versions. The guy said that they haven't gotten any slim decoders for months now so I don't know if they are ever going to restock. But to answer your question I just left my cap off. I don't have any issues and I'm loving the look of the DRLs so far.
Old 06-12-13, 06:28 PM
jimjaix
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MrKayVu
I'm currently running the LED DRLs from iJDMtoy but with the normal bulky decoders. I've called them before I placed my order and requested the slim versions. The guy said that they haven't gotten any slim decoders for months now so I don't know if they are ever going to restock. But to answer your question I just left my cap off. I don't have any issues and I'm loving the look of the DRLs so far.
Dang I don't wanna leave it open, don't want no dust nor moisture in the headlight. I was going to buy an additional set of caps and drill one set but those cover caps aren't cheap.