IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Dealer's reaction to stripped oil pan - what do you guys think??

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-13, 11:35 AM
jordanko
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow - that's terrible. Sounds similar to a situation I had when I brought my car in for a simple oil change and a few hours later they were closing and I had yet to get my car back. The service advisor told me that they forgot about it and I would have to come back tomorrow and couldn't have a loner car. At that point I realized he was just an idiot and went to his manager who apologized, gave me a loner car, and had the car ready the next morning.

That service advisor's name was Shad - or something like that. I had another issue with him which escapes me at the moment but I don't think he's here anymore. I can't say he'll be missed.

What was the name of your service advisor, if you remember?

You might wonder why I keep coming to this dealer and, although I'm not sure, I suspect it's because my expectations are so low that it takes a whole hell of a lot to really surprise me.

Originally Posted by B16da9
My experience with them goes back to when I had my IS250 and recently with my IS350 when I brought it in for the bubbling headlight issue.

On my IS350 I brought the car in for two recalls (wipper arm and trunk release handle) as along with my headlights bubbling. The took care of the recall and told me the lights were not in stock and had to be ordered and come back in two weeks.

Fast forward two weeks I bring the car in early Saturday morning and they did not finish it until monday afternoon. Once I get there I noticed they installed another set of flat black (old LED lights) on my car instead of the updated lights per the TSB. I speak to the service advisor explain to him those are not correct and even show him the TSB. They tell me he will investigate it and he will call me back and finally does on Wed. of that week and says that I was right and to bring the car back in another two weeks and they will take care of it.

Fast foward another two weeks once again and just like last time I bring my in at 8:45am on saturday morning to have the work done (first bad sign was that the service advisor had no idea why i was there) so they take and he says they will call me when the car is ready. I was a couple of hours and decide to call at 1pm and he tells me the car is being worked on and is not ready yet. I once again wait around a couple of hours and 4pm come around and no call from them. I decide to call and the service advisor now says that they did install the correct lights and there is nothing I can do.

Now ny this time I am pissed and I tell him no problem have my car ready im on my way to pick it up my car and to please let me speak to their manager. He says no problem he'll call you, as im drivng the service advisor calls me and tell me hes not available I say no problem I speak to lexus corp. on Monday morning to please have my car ready. Now all of a sudden that lights a fire on his @$$ and asks to keep my car once again so they can take care of it I tell them no I'm tired of the lies when I get there guess what my next surprise. MY CAR WAS IN THE SAME SPOT I LEFT IT AT THEY DID NOT EVEN MOVE IT. This means the car was never worked on and were just toying with me.

Needless to say I called Lexus corp that next Monday and I tell them the situation and they say they will have it fixed however I tell them I do not want that dealer touching my car. They arrange to have lexus of Kendall fix their mistake with lexus of north miami finally providing the correct parts. Which to me means that they tried to unload some old headlights that they had in their stock while having lexus corp pay for them.

ok this ends my rant now.
Old 05-17-13, 12:01 PM
andcas7
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I was the only unlucky person getting bad service from that dealer, or that they had it against me but sounds like they either have a lot of customers that have no clue what is going on there or they simply don't care. I have had issues with them at least 3 times in the year I've owned the car, so almost every time I've had to take the car I've had some sort of problem with their service and especially with one of their advisors.

I am told the service advisors work on salary + commission so that explains why they tried to charge me $200 for "multi-point inspection and topping of the fluids", this of course, after another service advisor had told me they do this at no cost...

I also don't know why I've kept coming back after all the issues I've had, maybe I'm scared of trying Kendall or West Kendall, the only two nearby options I have aside from North Miami. Also, I have had very good service from one of their new advisors, I think his name is Frank, no complaints there so far...
Old 05-29-13, 10:39 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jordanko
Wow - that's terrible. Sounds similar to a situation I had when I brought my car in for a simple oil change and a few hours later they were closing and I had yet to get my car back. The service advisor told me that they forgot about it and I would have to come back tomorrow and couldn't have a loner car. At that point I realized he was just an idiot and went to his manager who apologized, gave me a loner car, and had the car ready the next morning.

That service advisor's name was Shad - or something like that. I had another issue with him which escapes me at the moment but I don't think he's here anymore. I can't say he'll be missed.

What was the name of your service advisor, if you remember?

You might wonder why I keep coming to this dealer and, although I'm not sure, I suspect it's because my expectations are so low that it takes a whole hell of a lot to really surprise me.
I totally forgot about this thread anyways the advisor I went through was Harvey, he also tried to sell my sister an induction cleaning(She owns an IS250) when I told her to tell him to have the car checked for the carbon build up issue.