IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New IS250 owner, some questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-13, 08:27 AM
deadlock23
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New IS250 owner, some questions

Hey guys, I just got my first Lexus, picked up a used 2006 IS250 AWD, looks like it has every package (except no SAT radio) and I love it. The car was a one owner very well kept, with about 105k miles but drives and looks like new.

1.) I have all the paper work, and called the dealer, and it seems that it never had the upper engine intake cleaning. I notice some idle hesitation very rarely, usually after some spirited driving when I slow down to a stop, what steps can I take to clean the carbon deposits myself? Or should I have the service done?

2.) Is there a way to turn off the telescopic steering wheel? My RL has a menu and I can customize pretty much everything, can't seem to find the option to turn off the steering wheel.

3.) I needed to change the bulb for the heated seats dials, I know the car uses a Neo Wedge type bulb, does anyone know the exact size? Is it a T3/T4/T5 ? I used a smaller micro bulb from Radio Shack, it worked but the green bulb cover is too large and the light is too dim, I can get a cheap replacement bulb if I knew the exact size.

4.) If I do the mod on the Navi to be able to modify any screen while driving, would that turn off the spedo sensor from the navigation? Will the unit still know where I am on the map and how fast I am going ? Any modules out there which allow another video input to the screen?

5.) And lastly for now, for those who have a remote start, I am trying to get a setup where I can use the OEM remote (lock button three times) and still be able to open the door once my hand is in the handle, also have a second remote from the remote start module which would have much longer range. And I prefer the car not shut off when I get in and depress the brake.

Thanks I know I have a ton of info but if anyone can shed light on any one of these I would appreciate it. And I did search and read the manual and all types of articles I could find on these topics.