IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2012 TSB Revised LED Headlights Part #s?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-13, 07:14 PM
infate
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2012 TSB Revised LED Headlights Part #s?

I just got my car back from the body shop due to front end damage of my car, not my fault btw.

The damage was only done to my driver's side led lights and not the passenger's side, so obviously the body shop would only replace the damaged parts. So anyways, I already had the TSB 2012 headlights done to my car before hand, and now the body shop replaced it with the 2011 version. I knew this was going to happen, but they are the best in the business imo and they told me that I just need to give them the part number for the headlight and they'll instantly replace it just like that.

Does anyone happen to know the revised headlights part numbers?

I can't find any information on it and it's weird because the body shop told me that they just used the part number from my damaged TSB headlight to receive the new 2011 non-revised version. I'm just rolling around the city with mismatched headlights right now and I look silly, lol. One side is yellow-er than the other. If anyone can please chime in, I'd really appreciate it. Just can't seem the find the right part number for the headlights...
Old 05-07-13, 09:01 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by infate
I just got my car back from the body shop due to front end damage of my car, not my fault btw.

The damage was only done to my driver's side led lights and not the passenger's side, so obviously the body shop would only replace the damaged parts. So anyways, I already had the TSB 2012 headlights done to my car before hand, and now the body shop replaced it with the 2011 version. I knew this was going to happen, but they are the best in the business imo and they told me that I just need to give them the part number for the headlight and they'll instantly replace it just like that.

Does anyone happen to know the revised headlights part numbers?

I can't find any information on it and it's weird because the body shop told me that they just used the part number from my damaged TSB headlight to receive the new 2011 non-revised version. I'm just rolling around the city with mismatched headlights right now and I look silly, lol. One side is yellow-er than the other. If anyone can please chime in, I'd really appreciate it. Just can't seem the find the right part number for the headlights...
Found this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by B16da9

I have an appointment to have the headlights replaced on my 2011 IS350 this Saturday. I was originaly going to do it a week ago but they did not have the latest headlights in stock so they had to order them.

Good luck, hopefully you get the correct lights installed unlike me :\ part #'s to the new ones are 81145-53543 and 81185-5354.
Old 05-07-13, 10:30 PM
infate
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jgr7
Found this.

Quote:

I have an appointment to have the headlights replaced on my 2011 IS350 this Saturday. I was originaly going to do it a week ago but they did not have the latest headlights in stock so they had to order them.

Good luck, hopefully you get the correct lights installed unlike me :\ part #'s to the new ones are 81145-53543 and 81185-5354.
Nice! Thanks for the information, I'll give it to the guy at the body shop. I skimmed through that thread, so I guess I missed it. If anyone can confirm this, I'd really appreciate it. I don't want to send the guy at the shop looking for the wrong product and leave me unsatisfied in the end, lol.

So I did a search on sewell parts, and the part number just leads me back to the original part number of the headlamp that's already on my car, 81185-53540. If someone can chime in w/ more info, that'd be deeply appreciated.

Last edited by infate; 05-07-13 at 10:43 PM.
Old 05-08-13, 05:13 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I tried asking this same question and come up inconclusive as there seem to have been an update to the "2012" lights but no one can seems to know the "new" part number.

Funny story is I took my car to have the headlight TSB done and they installed a pair of flat black LED lights, took it back again and nothing was done dealer told me those where the correct lights. It got to the point I had to get Lexus Corporate involved and they are having the original dealer pay another Lexus (no affiliation between the two) to correct the problem so hopefully after this happens I might be able to supply the CL community with the new updated 2012 part numbers.
Old 05-08-13, 09:23 AM
infate
Pole Position

I tried asking this same question and come up inconclusive as there seem to have been an update to the "2012" lights but no one can seems to know the "new" part number.

Funny story is I took my car to have the headlight TSB done and they installed a pair of flat black LED lights, took it back again and nothing was done dealer told me those where the correct lights. It got to the point I had to get Lexus Corporate involved and they are having the original dealer pay another Lexus (no affiliation between the two) to correct the problem so hopefully after this happens I might be able to supply the CL community with the new updated 2012 part numbers.
I went and looked at the TSB again and the part numbers for the replacement headlights were there, but it's only to be purchased in a set. I searched that part number on sewell and it leads me to be able to buy separate headlights, right or left, but still not sure. I pm'ed Jeff Lange to see if he could help me out with this situation. I'll update this thread with the correct part numbers once I find out!
Old 05-08-13, 09:45 AM
kevo0o
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are the LED color different on the old 2012 and the 2012 revised tsb version?
Old 05-08-13, 11:40 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 580 Likes on 390 Posts

The newest, most current (and what the TSB used) headlights are the following part numbers:

81145-53H12 - Set of RH and LH Headlights, containing the following parts:
81145-53543 - RH Side
81185-53543 - LH Side

If there has been a newer TSB released in the USA since then, I don't know.

Jeff
Old 05-08-13, 01:34 PM
infate
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kevo0o
are the LED color different on the old 2012 and the 2012 revised tsb version?
The color of the 2012's are the same. It's just that the body shop supplied me with the 2011 version, so I'm mismatching yellow white and cool white leds.

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
The newest, most current (and what the TSB used) headlights are the following part numbers:

81145-53H12 - Set of RH and LH Headlights, containing the following parts:
81145-53543 - RH Side
81185-53543 - LH Side

If there has been a newer TSB released in the USA since then, I don't know.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff for the reply to both the PM and the thread!
Old 05-08-13, 02:16 PM
lexus-is2
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Do you know the part number of the one that they installed on your car?
Old 05-08-13, 02:40 PM
infate
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexus-is2
Do you know the part number of the one that they installed on your car?
The 2011 left headlight that's installed on my car right now is 81185-53540 .
Old 05-08-13, 03:27 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

That would be the original, original headlight from early 2011 cars, which is what would have come up in the dealership's computer when you put the VIN in to order the headlight in the EPC. Without someone telling them (or them looking specifically at your vehicle's history), they would have had no idea that it was going to be incorrect.

What you need is 81185-53543.

Jeff
Old 05-08-13, 07:25 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i thought the 2011 lights were discontinued when 2012 lights came out? how were they still able to find the 2011 lights?
Old 05-08-13, 09:00 PM
infate
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
That would be the original, original headlight from early 2011 cars, which is what would have come up in the dealership's computer when you put the VIN in to order the headlight in the EPC. Without someone telling them (or them looking specifically at your vehicle's history), they would have had no idea that it was going to be incorrect.

What you need is 81185-53543.

Jeff
Thanks again Jeff, already told the body shop to order it. I did tell them when I left my car at the shop, but they told me that they would just get the part number from the headlight it self, lol. I never messed with my headlights, so I didn't know if there were any part numbers or not.

Originally Posted by dorkacho
i thought the 2011 lights were discontinued when 2012 lights came out? how were they still able to find the 2011 lights?
It's not discontinued because some cars without the TSB versions still need those specific parts in order to get the car fixed.
Old 05-08-13, 09:16 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i see. so if i order the one on sewell, is it the 2011 or 2012?

btw, what's TSB?
Old 05-08-13, 09:16 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Originally Posted by dorkacho
If the car still has the original lights and only one of them needs to be replaced, they can get it.

For a short period, the original lights changed up to a new set of lights, but that was undone.

Jeff

Quick Reply: 2012 TSB Revised LED Headlights Part #s?