IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Car totaled.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-13, 07:11 PM
JoeCombs
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car totaled.

Welp, posted about 2 months ago about my car being broken into, then a month ago about the hit and run on my car. Now it seems like she is totaled.

No one is hurt, my gf was driving it and a lady ran a red light so my gf T-boned her. Airbags went off but everyone was OK.

The lady (thankfully) had full coverage so everything is being taken care of. It was a fully loaded 08 IS 250 AWD so around 20-23k should be given to us. They are also offering a settlement since my gf was sent to the ER with neck and back injuries. She has no broken bones but some scratches and neck/back pain. (shes 5'2 110lbs, the air bag man handled her)

Now I have get a new car despite really being happy with my previous one. Especially with the mods I put into it. Even still, I have no idea what to do with the money, I have so many options since I have been working full time and have about 5k I could spend myself. I may upgrade to a 06-7 IS 350 and just spoil the **** out of it with mods but I don't know yet. Test drove a Camero 2SS and that was pretty fun.

Almost certainly looking at used 06-09 IS 350, Audi A4, BMW 135i, 335i, and even Camero SS. I want to have ~2k left over after my purchase to mod though.

Penny for your thoughts.
Attached Thumbnails Car totaled.-025a.jpg   Car totaled.-027a.jpg  
Old 05-05-13, 07:18 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Looks pretty bad; good thing no big injuries. I would get a IS350. If you're going BMW, make sure to get one still under warranty.
Old 05-05-13, 07:23 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about the crash but be thankful there were no serious injuries. If you liked the IS, why not get another?
Old 05-05-13, 07:27 PM
JoeCombs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Slammer1
Sorry to hear about the crash but be thankful there were no serious injuries. If you liked the IS, why not get another?
Having a hard time finding a nearby IS 350 fully loaded. Plus I really want Black again. I have time to look and see what deals come up but as of now I really want fully loaded black 350.
Old 05-05-13, 07:28 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

My 2007 250 was rear ended and totaled in January. I ended up getting a 2010 same color again. There's nothin else on the market that I would have rather bought for the price, looks, comfort, reliability etc. Etc but if you're lookin for more power you have plenty of choices out there good luck w car hunting. Glad nobody was hurt.
Old 05-05-13, 07:36 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

how about an ISF?!

I wouldn't want to consider getting a 2IS now with the 3IS coming out by the end of the year. The IS-F is technically a 2IS but they wont be making a new ISF for at least 2 years
Old 05-05-13, 07:48 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Yeah absolutely get a 350 if you're going to get another IS.

The difference in acceleration between a 350 and a 250 is greater than the difference in acceleration between an F and a 350. The 350 won't disappoint. Even cruising in the 350 is a much more relaxing experience because you only need to use like 5-10% of the throttle.
Old 05-05-13, 08:16 PM
JoeCombs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
My 2007 250 was rear ended and totaled in January. I ended up getting a 2010 same color again. There's nothin else on the market that I would have rather bought for the price, looks, comfort, reliability etc. Etc but if you're lookin for more power you have plenty of choices out there good luck w car hunting. Glad nobody was hurt.
how much did insurance give you? The adjuster is looking at the car tomorrow but I assume it would be around the KBB value of the car. I kept all receipts for my mods and will see how much insurance will give me for them aswell. I feel like 09+ may be out of my price range unless I find a good seller.

Keep in mind I am thinking PPE headers, Catback exhuast, full Wald kit, intake, tint, HID fogs, coilovers, BBK, ect.

I think can work all that in if I find a 06-08.
Old 05-05-13, 08:25 PM
JoeCombs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by edgeucated
how about an ISF?!

I wouldn't want to consider getting a 2IS now with the 3IS coming out by the end of the year. The IS-F is technically a 2IS but they wont be making a new ISF for at least 2 years
Too much money, plus insurance would kill me. I do absolutely love the IS F side skirts/fenders. May look into getting those.

Also no way I could afford a 3IS unless my gf sues (I would rather her not, **** happens, no reason to be greedy)
Old 05-05-13, 08:26 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JoeCombs
how much did insurance give you? The adjuster is looking at the car tomorrow but I assume it would be around the KBB value of the car. I kept all receipts for my mods and will see how much insurance will give me for them aswell. I feel like 09+ may be out of my price range unless I find a good seller.

Keep in mind I am thinking PPE headers, Catback exhuast, full Wald kit, intake, tint, HID fogs, coilovers, BBK, ect.

I think can work all that in if I find a 06-08.
well my car was paid off, it was still valued at 21k and since I did not have protection against uninsured motorists I had a $500 deductable. They are still pursuing the guy but still paid me in full. As for my mods they do not calculate that in, it is aftermarket parts after all. Your insurance might or might not cover it. I'm with Geico. I salvaged some of the parts that I wanted but I just left the kit and the trunk spoiler since it was damaged anyways and I was already planning on going in a different direction. I bought the 2010 a week after my 2007 was totaled, went back and swapped out my wheels, and headlights. took the parts I wanted and they were cool with it. Heres the thread of what happened. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-my-is250.html
You will definitely get KBB value for the car. Just shop around and try to find a good deal, maybe you can put zero down and still have alot more extra cash for mods. Everything that you have planned I see on sale in the Classifieds section all the time. Plus we have alot of good vendors here always running specials. The most expensive thing on your mods list is the BBKs. Btw just noticed you're in Ohio. I'm in Dublin. Where are you located if you dont mind me asking?
Old 05-05-13, 08:26 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

thanks for posting pics! always intrigued to see how cars stand up in accidents.
Old 05-05-13, 08:30 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

btw why did someone draw the Japanese rising sun on your bumper? lol
Old 05-05-13, 08:35 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad your gf and no one else was seriously injured.

I'd try and find a IS350 locally or close enough to pick up within driving distance. Hopefully you can find what you are looking for real soon. Good luck with insurance.
Old 05-05-13, 08:47 PM
JoeCombs
Pole Position

well my car was paid off, it was still valued at 21k and since I did not have protection against uninsured motorists I had a $500 deductable. They are still pursuing the guy but still paid me in full. As for my mods they do not calculate that in, it is aftermarket parts after all. Your insurance might or might not cover it. I'm with Geico. I salvaged some of the parts that I wanted but I just left the kit and the trunk spoiler since it was damaged anyways and I was already planning on going in a different direction. I bought the 2010 a week after my 2007 was totaled, went back and swapped out my wheels, and headlights. took the parts I wanted and they were cool with it. Heres the thread of what happened. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-my-is250.html
You will definitely get KBB value for the car. Just shop around and try to find a good deal, maybe you can put zero down and still have alot more extra cash for mods. Everything that you have planned I see on sale in the Classifieds section all the time. Plus we have alot of good vendors here always running specials. The most expensive thing on your mods list is the BBKs. Btw just noticed you're in Ohio. I'm in Dublin. Where are you located if you dont mind me asking?
Ah ok, yeah I will certainly take my time with the mods and make sure I get good deals. Thankfully I didnt have my rims on so those are still good to go. Ill be grabbing my LX mode grill for sure along with whatever else I can grab. BBK is easily last on my list of mods, the rims I have wouldnt even show them off that well.

I'm attending the University of Cincinnati but I alternate semesters for full time coops so I end up all over the place.
Old 05-05-13, 08:54 PM
JoeCombs
Pole Position

btw why did someone draw the Japanese rising sun on your bumper? lol
Lol that would be the rim of the 2013 BMW 750i that she hit. Left a pretty clear imprint.

Quick Reply: Car totaled.