IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

someone ripped off my wiper arm!! where to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-13, 11:05 PM
mm303
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry someone ripped off my wiper arm!! where to buy?

so I went to my friend's apt and parked at this one parking spot for 20 mins, I left my phone number on my front windshield so they can call me to move my car. I came back 20 mins later, my wiper get ripped off. the whole set including the wiper arm...the owner of the parking spot was waiting a couple feet away and walk to me started to yell at me why the ****** I parked at his spot. and he doesn't admit that he damaged my car but he was pretty drunk. but one of the neighbor saw him push my car and ripped it off. I don't mind if he call and tow my car if he is not willing to call my phone number, I'm just angry about why would someone doing this -.- I called the police and seem like they don't really get too involved with this. They just write a report and they left. What can I do about this?

and where can I buy Wiper arms(*IS350) and Wiper blades beside dealer? I called the dealer today and it cost 300+ to fix 2 whole set of wipers.
Old 03-11-13, 11:14 PM
DLo_IS300
Driver

take the guy to small claims or threaten with a letter written by a lawyer stating if he doesn't pay you the repair of the wiper you'll sue him for the damages.
Old 03-11-13, 11:20 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

The first sentence to what you wrote start with a wrong.. having lived at a few apt myself and having someone like you parked in other peoples spot, i've seen far worse. Why would you park in someone's spot? and leave your number on your own car, not to be critical but no one is responsible for calling anybody. You are lucky they didn't damage your car more like key your car or dent it. But its actually pretty funny what they did especially where you live (the pacific NW Region) where WIPERS are very important. You parked in someone's space and they took your wipers.. I'm not trying to be a d-i-c-k but thats just freaking hilarious. Next time, don't park in anyone's spot, not even 1 min. I can understand if you're dropping someone off and you're in the car but never leave your car unattended in someones spot. Call it a lesson learned. As far as parts, you can buy at your Lexus dealer or order from Sewell Lexus. Goggle "Sewell Lexus Parts"..
Old 03-11-13, 11:45 PM
panda08
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's just like parking in a fire lane or handicap spot for 20 mins and leaving your phone number. It's not your spot, or meant for you.. just dont do it next time.

as for the wiper arm you can look in junk yards, maybe ebay. best bet is lexus sewell parts with your cl discount.

Last edited by panda08; 03-11-13 at 11:49 PM.
Old 03-12-13, 12:51 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, hard to say but it's a bit tough lesson to learn. Don't park is someone's spot.

I have heard worse which was back in the day's where cars used to have those straight radio antennas.. Well end result is that the antenna on the car turned into a messed up zig zag... LOL!!!

--------------

Sewell Lexus with discount you can get both right and left arm which comes with blades.

8521153080 - ARM FRONT WIPER (RIGHT / PASSENGER SIDE) - $62.41

8522153080 - ARM FRONT WIPER (LEFT / DRIVER SIDE) - $44.25

Last edited by Sango; 03-12-13 at 01:23 AM.
Old 03-12-13, 06:32 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Ill be honest too and I laughed a bit when I read that he ripped off the wiper arm.

In the end, you are lucky he didnt do anything worse. If you cant take him to small claims then just move on
Old 03-12-13, 06:39 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I say you're lucky too.He could have done much worse.Paint damage,kicked in a door etc.
Small claims court for $300 isn't worth it.Just move on and learn from this.
Old 03-12-13, 08:15 AM
GoGiantsNJ
Pole Position

I second that you're lucky that the dope didn't key your car. I parked in front of a house once years ago,came back a half hour later to find my car keyed fender to fender. I never parked in someones spot again,although I don't know how my dog always wanted to go right in that spot"years ago" mind you.

Someone parked once in my spot in front of my house,I just left a note asking for them nicely to not park there. They never did again.
Old 03-12-13, 08:34 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not to lecture, but if YOU didn't do a wrong you wouldn't be in this predicament. The letter from a lawyer nonsense is bogus and will cost you more than the wiper arm. Order it from Sewell Lexus with our CL discount once you register and call it a day and a lesson learned.
Old 03-12-13, 01:14 PM
Nikon
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

stalk the place a little... very carefully. wait until you see him get into his car that is in that parking spot. remember the make/model/color/license plate.

then wait at least 2 months. come back at night, park outside the complex and walk in. find that car and quietly have your revenge. f*** up everything. take out all 4 tires too. then leave and never come back. make sure there are no security cameras.

the waiting at least 2 months is really important.

im just kidding... don't ever do something like that.
Old 03-12-13, 01:51 PM
Keppie
Lead Lap

Small claims court for this is ridiculous. I think the nuts holding your wipers down were loose and you should get new ones under the wiper recall.
Old 03-12-13, 02:11 PM
don
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you frequent that place often, you probably wouldn't want to escalate it to small claims court, etc. He might see your car again and be more discrete next time.

You parked in his spot. That's your bad. And you left a note with your number on it, lol! I would have taken that as an insult. He probably ripped your wiper because of that note.

Could you imagine coming home from a long day of work/school and see someone in your drive way with a note on it? You'd be puzzled about the car but the note would enrage you. The note signifies, I know it's your spot, but I'm going to park in it anyways.
Old 03-12-13, 02:17 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by don
If you frequent that place often, you probably wouldn't want to escalate it to small claims court, etc. He might see your car again and be more discrete next time.

You parked in his spot. That's your bad. And you left a note with your number on it, lol! I would have taken that as an insult. He probably ripped your wiper because of that note.

Could you imagine coming home from a long day of work/school and see someone in your drive way with a note on it? You'd be puzzled about the car but the note would enrage you. The note signifies, I know it's your spot, but I'm going to park in it anyways.

and I'll be only 20 minutes.So park some place else,walk that distance to your home.
Come out later and move your car to the space I'm parked in.
Old 03-12-13, 02:22 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

lessons learned....just get new wiper arms and move on

sewell is probably your best bet getting them
Old 03-12-13, 04:15 PM
krUnALv99
Pole Position

you guys are getting too harsh on the guy. Sure he made a mistake by parking in someone's spot but he thought it would be ok to leave a note which wasnt but dont be so rough on the poor guy!

To OP: Lesson Learned... And just buy a new wiper and leave everything behind you....

Quick Reply: someone ripped off my wiper arm!! where to buy?