Advice on a CPO IS350

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-13, 02:17 PM
BugginOuT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on a CPO IS350

Hello CL,

Looking to get some feedbacks on acquiring a 2011 CPO - IS350 AWD. Yes, I am aware that the new models are coming out, but so far, don't really like the new body style or the interior decor and I always wanted a 2nd gen IS.

Saw an ad for a 2011 model that is certified and price tag is around $37K. According to the ad, it looks pretty fully loaded w. 14K miles on it. I haven't gone to the dealer to check out the car, just yet. Is there room for price negotiations? Is there any reasons why I shouldn't do it? Any feedbacks are greatly appreciated.
Old 02-19-13, 04:47 PM
gFREAKy
Driver

Originally Posted by BugginOuT
Hello CL,

Looking to get some feedbacks on acquiring a 2011 CPO - IS350 AWD. Yes, I am aware that the new models are coming out, but so far, don't really like the new body style or the interior decor and I always wanted a 2nd gen IS.

Saw an ad for a 2011 model that is certified and price tag is around $37K. According to the ad, it looks pretty fully loaded w. 14K miles on it. I haven't gone to the dealer to check out the car, just yet. Is there room for price negotiations? Is there any reasons why I shouldn't do it? Any feedbacks are greatly appreciated.
I think that is a pretty good price considering a brand new base line IS350 awd is like $41/42k before tax and what not so probably 44k after its all said and done. If I were you I would attempt to talk them down to 36k maybe 35.5k because of it being an older model now with the new IS coming out. I think 36k is definitely within range tho. Tell them you are looking at a BMW too and if the IS was a little lower in price you would definitely pick it up. Worked for me when I got my GF's 350z. went from 23.5 to 21.5.

Good luck! Great car, I wouldn't trade mine in for pretty much anything. I would highly recommend getting the Joe Z intake for $125 that gives +5/6 WHP and an M2 copy cat exhaust from ebay for $260 that gives 7HP. Your car will sound amazing and be that much quicker.
Old 02-19-13, 05:09 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm sure you have some wiggle room at 37k. I would try and get them down to about $35.5/$36K at least. I think they will bite as long as you show your serious about buying the car for that price. CPO is definitely the way to go though. I bought mine CPO 2+ years ago and it was the best decision I ever made. The Lexus CPO warranty has taken care of every single repair outside of normal servicing that i've had on my car. No cost for diagnostics and loaner car for no additional cost during warranty services too. Best warranty i've ever had!

When you say fully loaded though - what options exactly? I'm assuming Nav, but do you know what package(s) the car has?
Old 02-19-13, 06:56 PM
BugginOuT
Driver School Candidate

Not much explanation besides this: Heated & Ventilated Seating, Navigation, Bluetooth, Backup Camera, Rear Lip Spoiler. Sounds like a mixture of options on this vehicle, short of the ML system. HID is a big must have, hope that it's included.

I would have to pay a visit, check out the options and see if we can negotiate on a deal. I also noticed that I can get $400 off through my employer's "employee program". I've submitted an inquiry, going to wait a phone call and set up an appointment. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 02-22-13, 03:37 PM
BugginOuT
Driver School Candidate

I was going thru the Carfax history of the vehicle and I've noticed a large variance of mileage to when it was delivered and the time it was sold. I asked the sales guy if the vehicle was a demo prior being sold and he said "yes".

Now I'm a little iffy about the ride now. I should be able to negotiate the price down by another couple of K's, right? Or should I even not bother because it was a demo?
Old 02-22-13, 03:45 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Sounds more like a service loaner.
Price is high and I wouldn't buy a dealer loaner.
I haven't seen IS350 loaners,tho.Just IS250's.
Old 02-22-13, 03:59 PM
Tapangb
Driver

Just because it's a demo doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. Best bet is to check it out for yourself and test drive it. It's a 2011 so it still has plenty of factory warranty left on it. Talk them down as low as you can while stressing the fact that it was a demo car. Use it to your advantage. If you can get it for the price you want, I promise you won't regret it.

I remember buying a used 2006 4Runner 4WD at an incredibly low price because it was a demo. Never had any problems with it for the 3 years I had it. Sometimes I wish I never sold it but good luck to you and keep us posted.
Old 02-22-13, 05:46 PM
Keppie
Lead Lap

The doubt is already in the back of your mind. Skip it.
Old 02-24-13, 02:34 PM
greg0723
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whats wrong with a demo? i mean u cant have some guy/girl farting and smoking in it all the time lol. i would do it just talk them down you have the advantage like they said new generation coming out and its a demo 2 reasons to get the price down there!
Old 02-24-13, 02:39 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by greg0723
whats wrong with a demo? i mean u cant have some guy/girl farting and smoking in it all the time lol. i would do it just talk them down you have the advantage like they said new generation coming out and its a demo 2 reasons to get the price down there!
That's no demo.Demo's aren't 2 years old or have 14K miles.
I'd go with service loaner or a used car.
Old 02-24-13, 05:27 PM
Supremancy
Driver School Candidate

37k is waaaaaaaaaaaaay to much for a 2011. It should be starting at 35k. I got my 2012 350 premium package with nav for 35.5k and it had 9k miles

Just check the prices o auto trader and see how much the 2011 is is listed for. Then take 20% off off that and let that be your starting negotiation price.
Old 02-24-13, 06:21 PM
rpenfuyf
Driver School Candidate

I've submitted an inquiry, going to wait a phone call and set up an appointment.
Old 02-25-13, 08:39 AM
BugginOuT
Driver School Candidate

Went to the dealership on Saturday, did a walk around on the vehicle and it looked pristine. Test drove the car on the local streets/highway, feel smooth and responsive. The starting price for the vehicle was 36.5K, I was able to negotiate it down to 34.8K including the free upgrade for the NAV software ($200 value). Overall, I believed I did an OK job on the price haggling. Picking up the car today after work. There were some scuff marks on the wheels, which is inevitable. Sales guy said he was going to take care of it. If not, going to start looking for custom wheels in the next couple of months.

Thank you all for the inputs.
Old 02-25-13, 05:55 PM
Supremancy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BugginOuT
Went to the dealership on Saturday, did a walk around on the vehicle and it looked pristine. Test drove the car on the local streets/highway, feel smooth and responsive. The starting price for the vehicle was 36.5K, I was able to negotiate it down to 34.8K including the free upgrade for the NAV software ($200 value). Overall, I believed I did an OK job on the price haggling. Picking up the car today after work. There were some scuff marks on the wheels, which is inevitable. Sales guy said he was going to take care of it. If not, going to start looking for custom wheels in the next couple of months.

Thank you all for the inputs.
Great! Good negotiating also!
Old 02-25-13, 08:28 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like a good deal! Congrats! Post pics when you get to bring it home finally!

Quick Reply: Advice on a CPO IS350