[Help] IS 250 2007 Navigation System

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-13, 02:44 PM
rmittim
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [Help] IS 250 2007 Navigation System

Hi CL members,

First of all, I hope everyone is having a great start for 2013. Also Happy Luna New Year to those who are celebrating it this weekend.

I have to say sorry because every time I am on here is because I got some problem with my Lexus and I really need you guys help. Alright so here is the problem:

I got a frozen screen awhile. I went on here and check out every thread about how to fix it. It was the connection between the LCD and the digital board. It took me awhile to figure out how to fix it but I think I did. The LCD works, I was able to "touch" again. But now when the LCD works, the whole system started to acting up. It keeps turning off by itself and only showing the Lexus logo. Sometimes it grays out the whole screen and I got a white screen, (really bright and annoyed at night). Whenever it turns on, I was able to touch and do everything just like normal. But it won't last long, probably like couple minutes or so. Sometimes it lasts like 1 hour or 2, sometimes it lasts for couple days. But sometimes it won't turn on at all. When it's off, I am still able to listen to radio and AUX. I am Not able to control the climate or windshield defrost or anything that is above the radio tab tho.

It's been like this for awhile and I really thought that I did not fix the LCD the right way. So I went ahead and ordered a new LCD from Ebay. I plugged it in and it's just the same. Nothing change just like my old LCD. Now I am really stuck and don't know what is going on. Probably it's the digital board this time?

I am pretty sure that this is not a very rare lexus problem. I skimmed through couple forums and saw lots of people having the LCD issues. Please if someone had been to this situation, any suggestion or recommendation would help me a lot. Or any information about how to fix it please let me know.

Thank you everyone.

P/S: Sorry if my english causes you any inconvenience. And attached are couple images that I took if that helps you to better understand what I am trying to describe. Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails [Help] IS 250 2007 Navigation System-20130204_213355.jpg   [Help] IS 250 2007 Navigation System-20130204_213534.jpg   [Help] IS 250 2007 Navigation System-20130207_162508.jpg   [Help] IS 250 2007 Navigation System-20130207_162618.jpg   [Help] IS 250 2007 Navigation System-20130207_162623.jpg  

Last edited by rmittim; 02-08-13 at 03:16 PM.
Old 02-08-13, 05:15 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you checked the plugs behind the navigation and CD changer to see if they are fully plugged in?
Old 02-17-13, 02:50 PM
rmittim
Driver School Candidate

Can someone please help me? I don't think this is a very rare problem tho. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated
Old 02-18-13, 01:49 PM
rmittim
Driver School Candidate

Please someone?
Old 02-18-13, 04:24 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

it appears that Lexus installed your nav system incorrectly--it should be horizontal, not vertical. I'm not sure I can help with that.
Old 02-20-13, 02:30 PM
Tazymoto
Driver School Candidate

Frozen touch screen. 2007 Lexus is 250. The glue under the glass is the problem. Problem fixed by etching the glass, removing some glue, cleaning off the connection then using a circuit pen to reconnect the connection. Feel free to connect with me regarding this issue. I got help from David (daki3241) regarding the frozen screen. Real good guy, very helpful. Not sure about the LCD screen. Thank god I don’t have that issue and I hope I won’t.
Old 02-21-13, 01:06 PM
rmittim
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tazymoto
Frozen touch screen. 2007 Lexus is 250. The glue under the glass is the problem. Problem fixed by etching the glass, removing some glue, cleaning off the connection then using a circuit pen to reconnect the connection. Feel free to connect with me regarding this issue. I got help from David (daki3241) regarding the frozen screen. Real good guy, very helpful. Not sure about the LCD screen. Thank god I don’t have that issue and I hope I won’t.
Thanks for your info. I did what you said and it works, the touching part of the LCD works again. Now it's just the whole navigation system keeps turning on and off regularly.

Can someone please tell me what should I do beside buying a whole new navigation system which costs like 2 3k....Please I really need help on this. Been driving without heat for a while...
Old 02-21-13, 01:21 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rmittim
Thanks for your info. I did what you said and it works, the touching part of the LCD works again. Now it's just the whole navigation system keeps turning on and off regularly.

Can someone please tell me what should I do beside buying a whole new navigation system which costs like 2 3k....Please I really need help on this. Been driving without heat for a while...
Just fyi, if you do end up replacing the navigation you can get a replacement navigation for cheaper then 2 or 3k on eBay. I've seen some OEM ones go around $1500 on there.
Old 02-22-13, 04:25 PM
rmittim
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
Just fyi, if you do end up replacing the navigation you can get a replacement navigation for cheaper then 2 or 3k on eBay. I've seen some OEM ones go around $1500 on there.

Thank you for your info. Yeah spending 1500 is the very last thing I wanna do...

There is really no solutions for this that someone might know about? Man how unlucky I am....

Someone please help me with this?
Old 02-22-13, 05:06 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would make sure you plugged in all the plugs on the rear CORRECTLY.

Last resort they sell just the replacement screen on ebay for around $350
Old 02-22-13, 06:49 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Where are ou in CA? I would like to take a look of it if ou don't mind and in my area. BTW, I'm in OC
Old 02-26-13, 03:21 PM
rmittim
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
I would make sure you plugged in all the plugs on the rear CORRECTLY.

Last resort they sell just the replacement screen on ebay for around $350
Yeah I have been taken it in and out so many times....I tried to make sure every wire is correctly connected....I did buy a replacement screen on ebay for 300...it works just like my old screen...I mean I can touch now but it keeps turning on and off...I don't think it's the screen no more...but something else....
Old 02-26-13, 03:23 PM
rmittim
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by whitebeast
Where are ou in CA? I would like to take a look of it if ou don't mind and in my area. BTW, I'm in OC
Man I miss CA and OC so much. I just moved to VA recently for school and it's so hard for a Lexus owner here....I mean not much Lexus owner in the East Coast and they are more into Bimmer and AWD bc of snow and everything....

I live in Anaheim close to Garden Grove side before. I wish I was still there. There are great amount of people owning IS in SoCal....
Old 02-26-13, 03:24 PM
rmittim
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for everyone's input btw, I am still desparately looking for a solution to this....
Old 02-27-13, 01:30 PM
rmittim
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone have any idea?

Quick Reply: [Help] IS 250 2007 Navigation System