IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: A club member upgrades his lexus is250 with ISF bumpers and badges...
This is considered posing because its not really a ISF
52.33%
This is a smart way to upgrade your IS250 to get a more aggressive look
12.79%
Lexus IS250 fsport package option is preferred instead
22.09%
A better option would be ISF bumpers w/no badges & LFA rims instead
29.07%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Completed is250-ISF conversion

Old 01-31-13, 10:53 AM
p0lo8
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car looks great but you crossed the line with a badging
Old 01-31-13, 12:26 PM
longbeach9
Driver School Candidate

Default removing of the F-Badge for F_Sport Badge

Ok....I got good news to all the offended ISF owners out there.......I'm offically removing the F badge in the rear...and I'm going to put the F-Sport badge instead...I already have fsport on the sides ...so now the side badges will match the rear badge....so now lets just say I have a 2009 Lexus IS250 that has upgraded 19" Rims +aftermarket intake+aftermarket exhaust and aftermarket bodykit ....I am badging as an F-sport because this is my version of the Fsport...so now the ISF comparison is out of the picture...now compare me to the Factory version of the Lexus Fsport....In my opinion...Factory ISF rims look better than fsport 18"rims...the quad exhaust rear bumper looks better than the factory fsport bumper....but I will be honest and say the Fsport front bumper looks sexier than the replica ISF front....So now If someone who bought a factory fsport just changed the rims to 19" ISF rims and swapped the rear bumper for the quad look...and kept Is250 fsport badge would you say he's posing as an ISF or would you say your fsport looks good with the isf rims and rear bumper upgrade.......they have done exactly what I have done...So my final answer is that Yes the Fsport badge is more politicaly correct in my case verse the ISF badge....also how to you guys know that the rims are on backwards?????

Last edited by Rash; 01-31-13 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-31-13, 12:32 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

It seems like your trying very hard to make your car something its not. First a ISF and now a Fsport?
Old 01-31-13, 12:37 PM
longbeach9
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Not a fan of it having IS-F badges since its obvious that its not. Also your stock IS-F wheels are on backwards, each wheel is directional. Yours are on the wrong sides.
How do you know the wheels are backwards?????....I would like to correct this
Old 01-31-13, 12:43 PM
longbeach9
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bob4256
It seems like your trying very hard to make your car something its not. First a ISF and now a Fsport?
No...I just dont understand...that when Lexus upgrades the springs,rims,intake,exhaust,, & bodykit on a regular IS250 and call it FSport...why cant I do different variations of exactly what they did in a different style and call it an FSport also?????...We are all unique and different...and an upgrade is a upgrade ...regardless what you do....as long as its better than "stock"...you will get props...even if I dont like the style or mod...you still get props..because you made it unique....but on another note BOB4256.....your Lexus looks amazing......I love all of your upgrades and how drastically different your car looks over stock...I'm not into the 20" rim look...but I admire what youve done...compare yours to Mine....mine looks stock...lol...I like your wald trunk spoiler...I want to look into getting that on my car in the future....any tips on where to get it for cheap...and yes I want the replica..not OEM

Last edited by longbeach9; 01-31-13 at 12:59 PM.
Old 01-31-13, 12:51 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by longbeach9
No...I just dont understand...that when Lexus upgrades the springs,rims,intake,exhaust,, & bodykit on a regular IS250 and call it FSport...why cant I do different variations of exactly what they did in a different style and call it an FSport also?????...We are all unique and different...and an upgrade is a upgrade ...regardless what you do....as long as its better than "stock"...you will get props...even if I dont like the style or mod...you still get props..because you made it unique
These things arent included in the Fsport package for the 2IS btw.

Based on everything you have said, it sounds as if you arent happy with having a IS250. You want a ISF250 or a 250 Fsport. I understand upgrading the look and everything but you keep adding unnecessary badges.

Your car looks like its having an identity crisis. ISF style body kit but now with Fsport badging?

Im not saying these things out of malace btw, just my observations.
Old 01-31-13, 12:51 PM
Howiefied
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The blades.
Old 01-31-13, 12:52 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It's your car - mod it the way you like it

If you like the ISF look than that's cool. Lots of 3 series owners out M3 bumpers on their cars, this is no different.

I see no problem with it
Old 01-31-13, 01:17 PM
longbeach9
Driver School Candidate

Thanks GiantsFan.....upgrading is just cosmetic and preference....at the end of the day..as long as you like what youve done...and your happy...thats all that counts.... an opinion is like an ***-hole ...everybody has one.....its just my personal opinion that if you have 2 people with the same is250, and one guy spends $3k at the dealership on the fsport upgrade with 18" rims...and the other guy spends $3k in the aftermarket world on 19" rims and ISF body kit...I would almost bet money that in a random crowd of 100 people...if you had both cars parked next to each other...I would bet that more people would like the ISF bodykit and rims vs the fsport package car....now if you parked a regular is250 next to the fsport...the fsport would be liked more....everybody is different........I love thick chicago style pizza...and I hate thin crust...but you might be the opposite..you might love thin crust pizza and hate thick crust....to me thick will always be better...and to you thin will always be better....This Lexus forum is great...I've learned alot from everyone...and appreciate everyones comments
Old 01-31-13, 01:28 PM
peyman
Lexus Test Driver

would bet that more people would like the ISF bodykit and rims vs the fsport package car....now if you parked a regular is250 next to the fsport...the fsport would be liked more...
true but only with a true isf body kit, which also has a different hood/fenders/side skirts which really complete the look of the car.
Old 01-31-13, 01:29 PM
karasha
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by projectdna
it looks like you had an idea, didn't want to go the more expensive route for real OEM IS-F body panels and exterior components, and instead cheaped-out and settled for some second-rate ebay junk.
I suppose I agree. Ebay OEM-style parts literally will never be superior to the true OEM counterparts.

Originally Posted by heyarms
You overlooked the aspect that Chevrolet does not badge the Grand Sport as a Z06. Grand Sports also use factory OEM parts to produce the car, not cheaply made eBay parts.

You have to be careful with this badging concept. Your car isn't an ISF -- don't badge it as such. Your car isn't an F-Sport -- do not badge it as such, unless of course, you are running a good deal of F-Sport parts that simulate as if you bought it as an F-Sport version. But to tag it as your own "type of F-Sport" just is similar as badging it as an ISF, IMO.

Dear CL
Thank you all for responding and posting comments on my thread. [WALL OF TEXT] babbbbbyyyyyyy$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Completed is250-ISF conversion-blwlm.gif

MOTHER OF GOD. Great Text Wall of China. Please try to paragraph you're long responses and punctuate other than using ellipsis. Was quite difficult for me to read through all of that.
Old 01-31-13, 01:32 PM
infate
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

No...I just dont understand...that when Lexus upgrades the springs,rims,intake,exhaust,, & bodykit on a regular IS250 and call it FSport...why cant I do different variations of exactly what they did in a different style and call it an FSport also?????...We are all unique and different...and an upgrade is a upgrade ...regardless what you do....as long as its better than "stock"...you will get props...even if I dont like the style or mod...you still get props..because you made it unique....but on another note BOB4256.....your Lexus looks amazing......I love all of your upgrades and how drastically different your car looks over stock...I'm not into the 20" rim look...but I admire what youve done...compare yours to Mine....mine looks stock...lol...I like your wald trunk spoiler...I want to look into getting that on my car in the future....any tips on where to get it for cheap...and yes I want the replica..not OEM
Thanks GiantsFan.....upgrading is just cosmetic and preference....at the end of the day..as long as you like what youve done...and your happy...thats all that counts.... an opinion is like an ***-hole ...everybody has one.....its just my personal opinion that if you have 2 people with the same is250, and one guy spends $3k at the dealership on the fsport upgrade with 18" rims...and the other guy spends $3k in the aftermarket world on 19" rims and ISF body kit...I would almost bet money that in a random crowd of 100 people...if you had both cars parked next to each other...I would bet that more people would like the ISF bodykit and rims vs the fsport package car....now if you parked a regular is250 next to the fsport...the fsport would be liked more....everybody is different........I love thick chicago style pizza...and I hate thin crust...but you might be the opposite..you might love thin crust pizza and hate thick crust....to me thick will always be better...and to you thin will always be better....This Lexus forum is great...I've learned alot from everyone...and appreciate everyones comments
Upgrades do the car good. In your case and in my opinion, you downgraded it with cheap ebay knock off junk. If it was an OEM ISF bumper, then I would consider that as an upgrade, hence why sewell names it ISF bumper upgrade.

To each his/her own.
Old 01-31-13, 02:44 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by infate
Upgrades do the car good. In your case and in my opinion, you downgraded it with cheap ebay knock off junk. If it was an OEM ISF bumper, then I would consider that as an upgrade, hence why sewell names it ISF bumper upgrade.

To each his/her own.
Actually the ISF eBay kit (also sold on CL through a vendor) is pretty good quality from all the reviews on here... I wouldn't call it junk.. Only the rear OEM ISF bumper fits on the ISX50, the front does NOT (unless you do hood/fenders)... Hence the aftermarket eBay kit.
Old 01-31-13, 02:46 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

-Picture quality changed
-Made wall of text split in paragraphs, easier to read.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-markings.html
Old 01-31-13, 02:49 PM
jdmpwr07
Driver

Do what makes you happy man. I like the wheels

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Completed is250-ISF conversion