IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My HID experience with XenonDepot vs. iJDMToy vs. DDM Tuning

Old 10-28-14, 01:29 PM
MikeCGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XenonDepot/KBcarstuff FTW

I too can confirm that these guys are the real deal. They sell quality stuff and stand behind their product 100%.
I used to have DDM because its cheap and it comes with "lifetime warranty" but you really get what you pay for.
I've done some research and decided to go for the Xtreme HID from KBcarstuff After almost two years of heavy use one of my bulbs went out.(3K Fogs)
I emailed them over the weekend and on Monday morning I got a response.
Steve aka TheProblemSolvr took care of me in no time. I only needed one bulb but he gave me a pair just to make sure the color matched.
I'm willing to pay a bit more knowing that I'm dealing with professional people that know how to do business.
Thank you Steve.
Old 10-28-14, 01:32 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeCGS
I too can confirm that these guys are the real deal. They sell quality stuff and stand behind their product 100%.
I used to have DDM because its cheap and it comes with "lifetime warranty" but you really get what you pay for.
I've done some research and decided to go for the Xtreme HID from KBcarstuff After almost two years of heavy use one of my bulbs went out.(3K Fogs)
I emailed them over the weekend and on Monday morning I got a response.
Steve aka TheProblemSolvr took care of me in no time. I only needed one bulb but he gave me a pair just to make sure the color matched.
I'm willing to pay a bit more knowing that I'm dealing with professional people that know how to do business.
Thank you Steve.
Thanks you so much for posting this - GREATLY appreciated.

Steve "TheProblemSolver" lol
Old 10-28-14, 02:46 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

i've used DDM and XenonDepot both are great. i've not use ijdm for HID's.
Old 10-28-14, 11:23 PM
kingap
Driver School Candidate

I love my Xenon Depot kit... excellent color output at 5k
Old 10-29-14, 01:08 AM
Meguerra
Driver

+ one for XenonDepot (KBcarstuff) got the Volt 6k H11 and H3 kits (H3 for Bosch mini projector retrofit fogs). Nice and bright white.
Attached Thumbnails My HID experience with XenonDepot vs. iJDMToy vs. DDM Tuning-20141028_221412.jpg  

Last edited by Meguerra; 10-29-14 at 01:34 AM.
Old 10-29-14, 08:00 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

You guys are going to make me blush

Thanks so much for the support!
Old 10-29-14, 09:33 AM
valeoray
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Meguerra, could you post some cutoff pics?
Old 11-13-14, 12:19 PM
Chicagi23
Driver School Candidate

Had the 5K Xtreme HID kit on my IS low beams. Very satisfied. Actually just purchased the Xtreme kit for my gf's camry.
Old 11-13-14, 12:20 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Chicagi23
Had the 5K Xtreme HID kit on my IS low beams. Very satisfied. Actually just purchased the Xtreme kit for my gf's camry.
Thanks for the repeat business!

Steve
Old 01-08-15, 01:31 PM
got556
Rookie

Installing the Extreme kit 5000K from XenonDepot right now..in 9* weather...

So thrilled as the previous owner of this car had an HID kit in it but put the stock halogens back in. Which is a blessing and a curse. The dust covers were already drilled to add the rubber grommet, however, he bamboozled the factory harness, guessing to reverse polarity or something. So frustrating. Even more frustrating when I can't feel my toes or fingers.

Have the passenger side installed and waiting to warm up to go out and tackle the driver's side.
Old 01-08-15, 01:32 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

lol - now thats dedication!
Old 01-08-15, 03:52 PM
got556
Rookie

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
lol - now thats dedication!

You're telling me lol. Granted I was in my detached garage, but no heat. So I got the driver's side installed...what a PITA as I don't exactly have the smallest hands to get that light into it's slots to lock it in. But I got it. However, installing these led me to another issue I need to fix. After reconnecting the battery and firing it up, idle is around 500RPM and fluctuating between there and 750RPM or so. Thus leads me to believe it needs to relearn itself, at the same time I'm guessing my MAF or throttle body is dirty. So come tomorrow I'm going to pull the CAI off and blow out the air filter, clean the MAF, and TB. Then I'm going to drive around for an hour or 5 and let this ECU get the idle back to where it needs to be.

Weather permitting that is. We are having thunder snow here in NW Indiana at the moment and it's blowing like crazy, so who knows how the roads will be tomorrow.

I will say however, I can see soooooooo much better with the 5000K kit than the halogens that were in there. They have a much better throw than the halogens which were probably a mixture of old and deteriorating plus probably not getting full power due to the previous owner's half assed wiring attempts and screwing up the factory light harness.

I would take pictures but honestly, it's just your standard '07 Obsidian 250 AWD with HID's. Also have the parking light LED's from you guys, coming via USPS but they're in Iowa right now and who knows when they will get here with the weather acting up.

This summer I will be blacking out the headlights and putting some coils and wheels on her. Thanks again XenonDepot.

ETA: When I get paid or when my g/f gets paid we will be ordering a 5000K kit for her '07 Suby Legacy.
Old 01-09-15, 08:11 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by got556
You're telling me lol. Granted I was in my detached garage, but no heat. So I got the driver's side installed...what a PITA as I don't exactly have the smallest hands to get that light into it's slots to lock it in. But I got it. However, installing these led me to another issue I need to fix. After reconnecting the battery and firing it up, idle is around 500RPM and fluctuating between there and 750RPM or so. Thus leads me to believe it needs to relearn itself, at the same time I'm guessing my MAF or throttle body is dirty. So come tomorrow I'm going to pull the CAI off and blow out the air filter, clean the MAF, and TB. Then I'm going to drive around for an hour or 5 and let this ECU get the idle back to where it needs to be.

Weather permitting that is. We are having thunder snow here in NW Indiana at the moment and it's blowing like crazy, so who knows how the roads will be tomorrow.

I will say however, I can see soooooooo much better with the 5000K kit than the halogens that were in there. They have a much better throw than the halogens which were probably a mixture of old and deteriorating plus probably not getting full power due to the previous owner's half assed wiring attempts and screwing up the factory light harness.

I would take pictures but honestly, it's just your standard '07 Obsidian 250 AWD with HID's. Also have the parking light LED's from you guys, coming via USPS but they're in Iowa right now and who knows when they will get here with the weather acting up.

This summer I will be blacking out the headlights and putting some coils and wheels on her. Thanks again XenonDepot.

ETA: When I get paid or when my g/f gets paid we will be ordering a 5000K kit for her '07 Suby Legacy.
Thanks for the business!! Enjoy your lights
Old 01-09-15, 10:08 AM
DaXxJaPxX
Driver

this thread was the deciding factor in where I bought my lights. Just picked up some D4S and LED fogs 5000K. Solid info here
Old 01-09-15, 03:15 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DaXxJaPxX
this thread was the deciding factor in where I bought my lights. Just picked up some D4S and LED fogs 5000K. Solid info here
Same here... bout to order some HID fogs and was going to waste time researching. this thread was enough research.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My HID experience with XenonDepot vs. iJDMToy vs. DDM Tuning