IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My HID experience with XenonDepot vs. iJDMToy vs. DDM Tuning

Old 03-24-14, 01:31 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 510to808
So the install for the xenon depot Is easy ? What's the fit meant for 2010 lexus is250 I'm trying to order the whole kit
510to808 -- Are you looking to upgrade the low beams or high beams on your vehicle?

Steve
Old 03-24-14, 01:50 PM
510to808
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
510to808 -- Are you looking to upgrade the low beams or high beams on your vehicle?

Steve
Low beams, I want that blueish color hid kit
Old 03-24-14, 02:34 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

510to808, you should get the 8k D4S Volt or Extreme HID kit from XenonDepot assuming you don't have a HID on your headlight. If you do, you should just get the 8K D4S bulb.

Back to the topic of this thread, I have good experience from both iJDMToys and XenonDepot. I bought 8k Garax 4DS from iJDMToys and they still run strong after 2 years. I bought the 3k Volt Kit from XenonDepot, they shipped it super fast via air for free. I talked to them on phone, texted them via website and they provided top notch customer service and good information about lighting accessories. The light is very bright and still run strong for about 2 months now.
Old 03-25-14, 07:13 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

510to808: Does your vehicle have OEM HID headlights or OEM halogen headlights?

FSportIS - Thanks for the feedback!

Steve
Old 03-25-14, 09:19 AM
510to808
Pole Position

510to808: Does your vehicle have OEM HID headlights or OEM halogen headlights?

FSportIS - Thanks for the feedback!

Steve
Oem halogen headlights
Old 03-25-14, 12:03 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

510to808: In that case, I would suggest getting an H11 HID kit in 8000k.

Use coupon code "CL" upon checkout to save $25 on your order. You will also get FREE SHIPPING within the continental USA and Canada - for a limited time.

Steve
Old 03-25-14, 11:14 PM
ivnnln
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We did review the pictures you provided and found no issues with the 6K D4S bulb you got. Comparing it to the picture of RX(?) that looks more like a 8000K than 6000K.

We were/are not avoiding your emails - you had contacted us and spoke to a few different representatives, and your email(s) were responded to.

If you would like something with more blue (such as the bulbs on your RX), than I would recommend going with 8000K. We can work with you on getting a set of 8000K D4S HID bulbs given the confusion.

Danny
John or Danny, first of all, I did not get a response email from you two for the last few days after I submitted the images of comparison to you guys. I will double check in my mail box again tomorrow if you already sent. Pls tell me, what date did you response to my previous two emails?

Second, I order D4S HID bulb with 6500k and you sent me 6000k, and when I first called, I talked to his name was John. He told me that the bulb was that I got with 6000k was mislabel by manufacture. Then I called the second times which I spoke to you (Danny), you asked me to send the images which I did. Both images were the comparison between the 6500k and 6000k HID bulbs brighness. I did not have 8000k on my GS. If you want, I can send those comparison to you again so you guys can see it clearly between the 6000k and 6500k HID bulbs.

I called and talked to John and you (Danny) to send me what I initial ordered which was 6500k D4S HID bulb and why did you guys sent me the incorrect from what I ordered.

This is not my first time ordered stuffs with KBcarstuff.com. It does not take you guys three to four days just to review the HID bulb comparison. Also, each time I called, both of John and Danny kept saying that the costumer services have to review my emails, and when I asked for the costumer services whom review my email phone number so I can contact them directly. You could not even provide me with phone number. what kind of services is that? All you do just keep run around the circle with me. I am very frustrated with your service and A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT.

Now my question to both of you (John & Danny) rather simple, ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO SEND ME THE CORRECT HID BULB PER MY ORDER OR NOT WHICH STATE VERY CLEARLY ON MY INVOICE FROM YOU GUYS? I don't know 6000k nor 8000k, I just want what I placed an ordered with you. If you can not see what my order was, I am attaching the invoice from you with the blue circle around it to clearly and specify what type HID bulb that I ordered from you. WHY DID YOU GUYS SEND ME DIFFERENT HID BULB FROM WHAT I ORDERED?

I am very pissed right now.
Attached Thumbnails My HID experience with XenonDepot vs. iJDMToy vs. DDM Tuning-kbcarstuff-ordered.jpg  
Old 03-26-14, 07:58 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

ivnnln:

I (Steve) sent a reply to your email, advising that the pictures you received indicate that you received the right bulb.

HID bulbs can have a slight variance in colour (kelvin) , and the '500K' or 6000k vs 6500k that you are referring to would not be distinguishable by you. However, looking at the pictures that you sent indicates that the bulbs you received from us are in fact 6000K, however the bulbs in the "RX (hard to tell from the glare in the pic) are closer to 8000k (too much blue). I appreciate that another vendor may have called the bulb a 6500k bulb, but it is very clearly not a 6500k bulb - There is only one kelvin scale.

I would be more than happy to give you a call to discuss by phone, or you can reach me directly @ 1-877-522-2701.

Steve
Old 03-26-14, 10:55 AM
ivnnln
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ivnnln:

I (Steve) sent a reply to your email, advising that the pictures you received indicate that you received the right bulb.

HID bulbs can have a slight variance in colour (kelvin) , and the '500K' or 6000k vs 6500k that you are referring to would not be distinguishable by you. However, looking at the pictures that you sent indicates that the bulbs you received from us are in fact 6000K, however the bulbs in the "RX (hard to tell from the glare in the pic) are closer to 8000k (too much blue). I appreciate that another vendor may have called the bulb a 6500k bulb, but it is very clearly not a 6500k bulb - There is only one kelvin scale.

I would be more than happy to give you a call to discuss by phone, or you can reach me directly @ 1-877-522-2701.

Steve
I am glade to resolve this indecent, I call you this morning at 10:45 am and one of the guy pick up the phone told me that you are with the costumer when I asked to speak to you. Then I insist that I would wait until you get off with the customer. The guy went to ask you and came back with the answer now that you have a meeting and did not know when it will be done. Whatever it is, I just want to you send me the correct D4S HID bulb that I ordered which with 6500k for my 2IS. Also, you list an ads again stating below for D4S HID bulb with 6500k which called Xtreme HID. See poster below

Thank you,
ivnnln
Attached Thumbnails My HID experience with XenonDepot vs. iJDMToy vs. DDM Tuning-d4s-hid-bulbs-ad-by-kbcarstuff.jpg  
Old 03-26-14, 11:35 AM
pchan0
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FSportIS
510to808, you should get the 8k D4S Volt or Extreme HID kit from XenonDepot assuming you don't have a HID on your headlight. If you do, you should just get the 8K D4S bulb.

Back to the topic of this thread, I have good experience from both iJDMToys and XenonDepot. I bought 8k Garax 4DS from iJDMToys and they still run strong after 2 years. I bought the 3k Volt Kit from XenonDepot, they shipped it super fast via air for free. I talked to them on phone, texted them via website and they provided top notch customer service and good information about lighting accessories. The light is very bright and still run strong for about 2 months now.
How you like the 3K Volt kit? Are they deep golden yellow? Any pictures?
Old 03-26-14, 03:49 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

The 3K Volt kit is super bright, at least brighter than any halogen yellow ones you can find out there. A lot of the halogen yellow out there (EXCEPT the expensive PIAA made in Japan) are dim, and won't last long even though it can looks good. I would recommend 3K HID because it is functional (bright enough for you to see better in foggy situation), look good, and last long (2 year warranty at least).

For the yellow quality, you can't really tell by the picture, you have to see it in person. Depending on different angles, you will see different kind of yellow:
90 degree angle, you see it kind of mixed of bright yellow, white and green (very hard to describe, you get to see it in person)
45 degree angle, you see sun yellow
0 degree which is directing at it, you see it bright yellow which will hurts your eyes if you look at it too long
However, no matter what angle, you will NOT see cheap halogen yellow that is for sure.
At the ground, you will see super bright golden yellow.
When you first turn it on, it also has a green hint in it which i really like.

I hope you find the information helpful.
Old 03-27-14, 07:23 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Thanks for taking the time to post up some feedback about the Volt HID Kit

ClubLexus members save $25 on all XenonDepot HID kits by using coupon code "CL" upon checkout - for a limited time.

Steve
Old 03-27-14, 09:35 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Regarding the 6500k issue that ivnnln is having, it seems like you ordered the 6500k HID one but received a 6000k one instead. You sent the pictures to XenonDepot to prove that it is not 6500k and you are right, the one you have is indeed 6000k which is acknowledged by XenonDepot.

According to XenonDepot, there is probably no 6500k one based on the Kelvin scale and mentioned that other vendor might call 6000k one as 6500k. However, based on ivnnln's invoice and XenonDepot website, 6500k is listed on there.

In conclusion, I think XenonDepot should edit the typo/error made on the website about having 6500k HID bulb and ivnnln should exchange the 6000k with the 8000k one. Sound good for both parties?
Old 03-30-14, 11:31 PM
teaguedp90
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey guys i'm a pretty self evident newb when it comes to my 06 IS250 and i'm trying to learn so i have a series of questions regarding the front exterior lighting.
1. is there a simple way to discern whether or not my car came with factory HID lows?
2. i plan to upgrade to ~6500k lows and foglights, will my foglights blind other people due to having a reflector housing and not the projector like my low beams?
3. assuming my car came with factory HID, is it a good idea to go ahead and replace the ballast or is this not really necessary and i should just go with a replacement bulb.
4. what would be some recommendations, i've been researching the bulbs on KBcarstuff and i've noticed a dramatic price change between the 3 D4S bulbs they offer, why is this? i'm assuming quality?

i've had my city lights replaced with LED from ijdmtoy and love the look but it makes the rest of the lights look less than stellar.
again sorry if i'm wasting peoples time by posting on this thread but i just had the questions and you guys all seem pretty knowledgable on this topic so i wanted to ask for your help/guidance on this matter.
Old 03-31-14, 07:02 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

teaguedp90:

As per your questions:

(1) Do your lights go through a warm up period when they are first turned on - i.e.: they start off blue and then fade to white?

(2) Fogs: A proper HID kit will replicate your OEM fog light pattern, but this upgrade may blind oncoming drivers as you are putting out significantly more light output. I know that this is a popular upgrade on this board, and that many people love this upgrade - but to answer your question truthfully, I personally would not recommend driving around with your HID fogs on all the time.

(3) Assuming your car has OEM HIDs then you would just need to replace the bulbs.

(4) The price difference is country of manufacturer and marketing. Philips Ultinon D4S bulbs are super expensive, as the price is controlled by Philips. Both the Philips 4300k and 6000k D4S HID bulbs are made in Germany, so there really shouldn't be that signifiant of a price difference between the two bulbs. The XenonDepot D4S HID bulbs are made in Korea - and the quality is fantastic!

Steve

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My HID experience with XenonDepot vs. iJDMToy vs. DDM Tuning