IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Why am I losing air in my tire?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-13, 08:32 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
lol while i agree, you do have to realize that not everyone on the forums are car savvy and are just looking for a little conformation.
Don't bother, jsmacks just loves to poke fun at people who don't have the experience and know-how that he does.
Old 01-03-13, 08:32 AM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jsmacks
This thread cracks me up..

My next thread will be entitled: "Why is my car dirty?"

"I drove home through rain last night and I come out this morning to.. a dirty car!! Why is this?!"

"It's rain, man. Gets dirt on your car"

"Crap.. can I wash it? Should I take it to the car wash? Will they wash it?"

Ahh.. the mysteries of life.
LOL.

Maybe he's been fortunate, and hasn't encountered enough nail punctures to go through the hassles of it?
Old 01-03-13, 09:13 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Your correct ^ I havent encountered a nail puncture so I wanted some conformation.

Jsmacks: Hopefully people wont give you a useless sarcastic remark when you have a question.

Thanks everyone else for the response, Im going to get this checked out today
Old 01-03-13, 09:46 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember that if they dont find a nail to check the TPMS for leaks.
Old 01-03-13, 09:50 AM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
Remember that if they dont find a nail to check the TPMS for leaks.
worst comes to worst, a crack / bent on the rim
Old 01-03-13, 09:52 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

any good tire shop should spray the wheel down with soapy water afterwards to ensure there are no leaks
Old 01-03-13, 10:17 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

It's not a cracked or bent rim, I know that's not the issue.

I'm at my 3rd tire shop because the first two wont touch my car because of my rims/tires and because its lowered
Old 01-03-13, 10:37 AM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bob4256
It's not a cracked or bent rim, I know that's not the issue.

I'm at my 3rd tire shop because the first two wont touch my car because of my rims/tires and because its lowered
You can get a spray bottle of any kind and make a soapy mixture yourself. Remove the wheel, and spray it on the suspect wheel. Watch to see any bubble formation. Then you could at least find the air leak, and possibly plug it yourself with a kit.
Old 01-03-13, 11:11 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Bob come to the dealership, I'll have them take care of it
Old 01-03-13, 11:52 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

I think I called you right as you posted that. I appreciate everything you've done for me bro
Old 01-03-13, 02:28 PM
soupdawg
Pole Position

youll definitely want them to remove the tire from the rim and repair it. if they do it any other way go somewhere else as they are not following proper repair guidelines.
Old 01-03-13, 02:42 PM
sr20mofo
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
lol while i agree, you do have to realize that not everyone on the forums are car savvy and are just looking for a little conformation.
according to his build thread i would think he is savy enough to check if he has a nail in his tires first rather than creating a new thread about it and cluttering up the forum.
Old 01-03-13, 02:51 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sr20mofo
according to his build thread i would think he is savy enough to check if he has a nail in his tires first rather than creating a new thread about it and cluttering up the forum.
Turns out there was an issue with the valve stem, it would sometimes let out a bit of air.

There was no nail in the tire. Believe me, I would not start a thread over something like that. Im the one who gets pissed when people make threads titled "What HID kit do I need for my headlights?" or any other question that can be answered by a simple search. Ive been a member on here long enough to understand that making pointless threads clutters up our forum.

You know what they say about people that assume right? Dont be one of those people
Old 01-03-13, 03:23 PM
sr20mofo
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bob4256
Turns out there was an issue with the valve stem, it would sometimes let out a bit of air.

There was no nail in the tire. Believe me, I would not start a thread over something like that. Im the one who gets pissed when people make threads titled "What HID kit do I need for my headlights?" or any other question that can be answered by a simple search. Ive been a member on here long enough to understand that making pointless threads clutters up our forum.

You know what they say about people that assume right? Dont be one of those people
well lets see... u started ur post by stating "do i have a nail or something" if u knew it wasnt a nail from the get go then why did u ask a few post later if a tire shop can fix ur issue "if" there was a nail. thus leading to my "assumption" above. glad ur problem is resolved and everyone can move on... oops i made another assumption
Old 01-03-13, 03:29 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sr20mofo
well lets see... u started ur post by stating "do i have a nail or something" if u knew it wasnt a nail from the get go then why did u ask a few post later if a tire shop can fix ur issue "if" there was a nail. thus leading to my "assumption" above. glad ur problem is resolved and everyone can move on... oops i made another assumption
When I made my original post, I said that I think I had a nail in my tire, I wasnt sure. I wanted to get everyones view in the matter to see if there was a different issue (which there was).

I never said I knew for a fact that there was or was not a nail, thats why I made this thread in the first place. I never said "I have a nail in my tire, what do I do?"

If you dont have anything positive to contribute to my thread, then dont say anything at all.

Maybe you should read this https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-is-forum.html

Quick Reply: Why am I losing air in my tire?