IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My car got hit in a parking lot

Old 12-12-12, 08:43 PM
07awdis250
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My car got hit in a parking lot

Hello CL,
I know there is noting better than OEM parts and I think we all agree. I have to replace my rear bumper because someone hit my car in a parking lot and left the scene. I called my insurance and filed a claim along with a police report but now the insurance refuses to pay for an Oem bumper ? The keep saying that any car from 2009 and under will get replaced with aftermarket certified parts?
This happened 11/16/2012 so we been going back and fourth about the oem bumper. Finally, they said will ficxmy car BUT NOT WITH A OEM BUMPER

Does anyone have any pictures of an aftermarket rear bumper installed? I have a $500 deductible so they know the first 500 come out of my pocket so basically they are trying to go cheap on me
Old 12-12-12, 08:50 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Refuse to go with anything but OEM... Or just don't go through insurance and buy one from sewell
Old 12-13-12, 02:16 AM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

sewell has a rear painted bumper for $544.31.

Where and how bad is the damage, maybe you can get by with PDR and then get a lip to cover it up
Old 12-13-12, 05:49 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

You may want to tell your insurance company that you'll share your experiences on the internet, here, and that you'll identify them by name.

Lou
Old 12-13-12, 06:24 AM
mixa86
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07awdis250
Hello CL,
I know there is noting better than OEM parts and I think we all agree. I have to replace my rear bumper because someone hit my car in a parking lot and left the scene. I called my insurance and filed a claim along with a police report but now the insurance refuses to pay for an Oem bumper ? The keep saying that any car from 2009 and under will get replaced with aftermarket certified parts?
This happened 11/16/2012 so we been going back and fourth about the oem bumper. Finally, they said will ficxmy car BUT NOT WITH A OEM BUMPER

Does anyone have any pictures of an aftermarket rear bumper installed? I have a $500 deductible so they know the first 500 come out of my pocket so basically they are trying to go cheap on me
Unless the fitment is off, i just had my front bumper replaced, they sent an aftermarket, but that one did not line up very good with some motivational speaking they approved for an OEM.
Old 12-13-12, 08:46 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Ask your insurance company if they will pay for refurbished parts. That basically means they are oem parts but came off a wrecked IS but the part is 100% usuable. I personaly would prefer this over the aftermarket crap.
Old 12-13-12, 09:25 AM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should've just went outside of insurance. That's what i did when my GS was hit by a construction sign. Save myself the time, headache and premiums possibly going up.

Since you went with insurance, demand OEM parts. Don't just "listen" to them as it's their jobs to steer away and save themselves money just as its your job to pay monthly and expect OEM when accidents occur. It might take you more then few phone calls, but resist, stay focused and you will get your OEM parts.
Old 12-13-12, 11:39 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't take no for an answer...or tell them you will post about ur experience as someone said before
Old 12-13-12, 11:55 AM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

What insurance company do you have?
Old 12-13-12, 12:17 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

^^^ I would want to know this as well.

Do not settle for anything less than OEM.
Old 12-13-12, 12:41 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, for some insurance companies (Nationwide comes to mind based on quotes I just did recently) if you want to get OEM parts, there's an option/rider that you need to include. If your insurance company is one of those and you didn't include that coverage, its basically up to them to do it out of good will if they want to. Seeing as insurance companies like to go for the least costly route, they will probably just say no. What you can probably do is get a quote for the same repair, but with OEM parts, and then pay the difference between that and what the insurance company will pay with aftermarket parts. It's more out of pocket beyond your deductible, but at least you get the OEM parts you want.
Old 12-13-12, 01:45 PM
07awdis250
Pole Position

I actually called my adjuster more than 15 times and chatted with her and told her that I would report them to the better business Bureau and I tried everything to scare them but nothing worked, I even talked to her in person a few times . It looks like I'm going to be stuck with aftermarket bumpers . The insurance company is PROGRESSIVE . In all depends who you dealing with my evo ix got rear ended and they paid for all oem parts back in 2006 . I talked to the bodyshop and he told me that he fix another lexus is250 a few month ago and the bumpers had perfect fitment who knows.

I also took my car to the dealer and got an estimate from them and faxes it to my adjuster and they didnt even bother to look at it.
Old 12-13-12, 02:51 PM
dong888
Pole Position

I hate these insurance that refuse to pay for OEM parts. My wife has a similar problem with the rear windfield and the insurance company was Farmers. I was scolding the insurance agent on this issue. Sure enought, I had my wife switch insurance soon after. I will put that in mind to avoid Progressive as well.

Now back to your situation, I recommend you find how much the total damage is. was it only the bumper or there are other alignment issue as well. Find out how much the total (parts and labor) is and have them pay you the money less your deductible. You can then use the money to fix the damage with your own parts and trusted bodyshop.

Switch insurance afterwards.
Old 12-13-12, 03:46 PM
07awdis250
Pole Position

The car right now is sitting at the bodyshop, I have a good firend there who will be doing all the wotk and he said the aftermarket bumpers aregoing to line up perfect? I'll beleave it when I see it.
Old 12-13-12, 04:00 PM
07awdis250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mixa86
Unless the fitment is off, i just had my front bumper replaced, they sent an aftermarket, but that one did not line up very good with some motivational speaking they approved for an OEM.

do you have picture of the aftermarket bumper installed?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My car got hit in a parking lot