IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Center Console Lights NOT Working!

Old 12-02-12, 03:21 PM
WiteCastle
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Center Console Lights NOT Working!

Hey guys, pretty new here and just finished my first mod. I just installed XenonDepot HIDs from KBcarstuff.com successfully and they come on and work with the "auto" feature without a hitch. But now, when I turn on my car my center console doesn't turn on at all. I can't see if the AC is on, if its blowing air, and any information about the audio system. The top screen for the AC lights ups, but no information is shown and the bottom screen for the radio/aux doesn't light up at all. I can turn on the radio, but the car gives me no feedback to if its on or not.

Anyone have this problem or know how to fix it? I re-initiated the auto windows and everything after I disconnected the battery. I'm pretty sure I reconnected the MAF sensor, but could that cause this problem?
Old 12-02-12, 03:32 PM
WiteCastle
Driver School Candidate

Here's some pics:

Old 12-02-12, 03:33 PM
Snyperifle
Pole Position

Blown fuse?
Old 12-02-12, 09:29 PM
WiteCastle
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Snyperifle
Blown fuse?
How would I check that? Is there a diagram or schematic outlining which fuse is for which system?
Old 12-02-12, 11:20 PM
Snyperifle
Pole Position

Check out the user manual, there are some diagrams and it tells you where the fuse boxes are and what fuses control what. You pull a fuse out and check if the connection is still there, or if the pins have broken. The fuse puller is in the fuse box in the engine bay (looks like a small pair of white plastic tweezers)
Old 12-03-12, 10:43 AM
WiteCastle
Driver School Candidate

So I checked all my fuses, and they're all good. I even went back and installed the relays for each HID but I still can't get my center console to work.

I just don't understand how the backlight for the top one can be on, but with no information. The radio LCD doesn't come on at all, but I can control the radio/audio.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-03-12, 04:25 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you read the entirety of the other thread you posted in? The last post before yours said the the issue was the climate control ECU. Perhaps this is the same?
Old 12-03-12, 06:06 PM
WiteCastle
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by My0gr81
Did you read the entirety of the other thread you posted in? The last post before yours said the the issue was the climate control ECU. Perhaps this is the same?
Yea, so I checked for that but I didn't see a blue box at all. I didn't take the dash apart or anything so all I could see was the fuse box....Do you know what he's talking about, or if its even called the temperature ECU? I thought the ECU controlled the driving gears...

Here's 08lexus350's original post:

Originally Posted by 08lexus350
hey guy i some what figured out my problem, i replaced the temp ecu on the passenger side under dash, its a blue box., everything works and all buttons are responsive now., but i have no air coming out, doesnt matter what speed or mode i set it, no air, seems like the blower motor is dead, any idea ??? thanks
Old 12-06-12, 08:28 PM
08lexus350
Driver

Hey guys ya its the same problem i had its a temp
Ecu. I van try and get a part number of mines im just out of town right now. And the reason y my air wasnt blowing was bc the blower was toasted. I got my car flooded and never knew. Kinda got screwed big time.
Oh but ya to get to the bluelittle (4inchesx4inch) its a big pain in the *** takes awhile but i had fun. Love working on cars. Dealership 6-9 hrs of labor. I did it in about 2 with change. Alot of laying on ur back and on ur knees lol.

Originally Posted by WiteCastle
Yea, so I checked for that but I didn't see a blue box at all. I didn't take the dash apart or anything so all I could see was the fuse box....Do you know what he's talking about, or if its even called the temperature ECU? I thought the ECU controlled the driving gears...

Here's 08lexus350's original post:
Old 12-09-12, 09:21 AM
Lis350xxx
Driver School Candidate

How much does that blue box cost and where did you get it? I heard their are ways to reset them so you dont have to buy another one. Any word?
Old 12-16-12, 04:47 PM
WiteCastle
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, I finally figured out the problem. I caved and took it to the dealer. They took my center console out and and after about 3 hours there, they found that the previous owner left an amp connected that was causing the issues. The guy wanted to install an aftermarket Sirius radio adapter for some reason.

Either way, I asked them to remove it and they only charged me $140 for their "hard" work. I actually didn't mind dropping the cash cuz now everything works.

On top of that I re-installed the XenonDepot HIDs and they look perfect! Thanks for the help guys! Hopefully no one else has this problem, but if anyone does, it could be something causing interference behind the console.

Before pics:

Loving these new xenons:

Old 12-16-12, 06:31 PM
hernadoric
Driver School Candidate

The fuse puller is in the fuse box in the engine bay
Old 12-16-12, 08:29 PM
WiteCastle
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lis350xxx
How much does that blue box cost and where did you get it? I heard their are ways to reset them so you dont have to buy another one. Any word?
Are you talking about the temperature ECU that 08lexus350 was talking about? I'm not sure what the "Temp ECU" is, but I do know about the regular ECU, which controls the ignition timing and other engine parameters can be reset. Here's the link to resetting the ECU from the FAQ:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...k-service.html

The FAQs got some other really good reads, check it out
Old 12-16-12, 08:29 PM
WiteCastle
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hernadoric
The fuse puller is in the fuse box in the engine bay

Yeah, I didn't realize that until recently and bought a separate pair of pliers to take out the fuses.....