IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My Ride Diffuser REPLICA

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-13, 09:30 AM
TTechLexus
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good, I was going to comment about the paint job. It looked off some but congrats on doing it yourself.
Maybe just needs more of a buff. Don't quote me but I think it might help if you wet sand the clearcoat, then polish it again.

I've been debating DIY painting a front lip.
Old 01-13-13, 10:35 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looks great !
Old 01-13-13, 11:36 AM
Adam350is
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@xmarvinx- so would you recommend on buying it then, if you had to do it all over? im currently talking to nigel@jdm and was considering paying the 400 bucks to get it shipped over here. But if replica fits 9/10 like you said and isnt really cheaply made or looks cheapy. I might just try and get this and find it on ebay again. if i can save 300 bucks im always down for that haha. Where are you located in CA marvin? Maybe i could take a look at it!
Old 01-13-13, 02:34 PM
xmarvinx
Driver School Candidate

Adam - not sure about myride product if its flexible or fiber glass. this one has the poly plastic so its flexible. I should have took a pic of those gaps on the lower corners.
Old 03-02-13, 02:42 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Hey marvin would you mind updating this thread with some more pictures? Perhaps a side shot and a close up of the gaps. Thanks man would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-02-13, 06:38 PM
xmarvinx
Driver School Candidate

here ya go.. the last pic is from the muffler tip, if you have HKS exhaust this will burn pretty bad. Tried adjusting my greddy a little lower but this is the lowest it can go.

I also bought one of these protector strip to cover those gaps on the corners but i had to remove the whole thing again and re-install new 3m tape. So if you plan on doing these lip i suggest to get that strip to cover those gaps. good luck to all!
Attached Thumbnails My Ride Diffuser REPLICA-ride4.jpg   My Ride Diffuser REPLICA-ride3.jpg   My Ride Diffuser REPLICA-ride2.jpg   My Ride Diffuser REPLICA-ride1.jpg  
Old 03-02-13, 06:54 PM
FordGT08
Driver

Other than gaps which is fixable, it looks great! Congrats!
Old 03-02-13, 07:55 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Thanks man I appreciate you sharing those pics, looks great and looks like all it needs is tape reinforcement.
Glad you mention the exhaust fitment. I have an SP2 with rolled tips and it might be an issue.
Old 03-02-13, 09:11 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

how about f sport tips?
Old 03-04-13, 07:26 AM
DonYojan
Driver

I justy installed mine yesterday and I am very pleased with it I will post some Pics later on today (: it is very flexible and (I have a starfire pearl) I used Pearl white (bought it in the home depot) silicon to cover the gaps and unless you are extremelly close you cant tell.

overall I am pleased
Old 03-04-13, 07:33 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

in forpic which buyer did you buy it from ?
Old 03-04-13, 01:27 PM
RegRover
Driver

Just had a chance to wash the car this weekend with all the snow we have up here. Got mine installed and back from the body shop a few weeks ago and looks tight!! While my car was there, I got the front lip put on and for the roof sprayed black. My review is basically the same as others, it's poly and it's flexible. I do not have any gap issues from what I can see but that might be due to the body shop doing the paint and install for me.

I have tried every which way and could not upload the pics due to being too big. So here's the link, I uploaded it to my Flickr account. Still on OEM 18's with winter tires.

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/3736285...7632909446612/

One more thing I did myself last week was installed VIP puddle lights on the side skirts....
Old 03-04-13, 01:42 PM
xmarvinx
Driver School Candidate

Nice!... been wondering around for these puddle lights, where did you tap that power from? I was looking at to maybe to my lower side view mirror lights. Only reason to that was it lights up when m at close range... but then again it will keep on lightin up when everyone gets close to my car

Originally Posted by RegRover
Just had a chance to wash the car this weekend with all the snow we have up here. Got mine installed and back from the body shop a few weeks ago and looks tight!! While my car was there, I got the front lip put on and for the roof sprayed black. My review is basically the same as others, it's poly and it's flexible. I do not have any gap issues from what I can see but that might be due to the body shop doing the paint and install for me.

I have tried every which way and could not upload the pics due to being too big. So here's the link, I uploaded it to my Flickr account. Still on OEM 18's with winter tires.

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/3736285...7632909446612/

One more thing I did myself last week was installed VIP puddle lights on the side skirts....
Old 03-04-13, 03:13 PM
RegRover
Driver

Xmarvinx, as soon as I get a chance, I will start a new thread with the wiring diagram. But I basically tapped into the rear dome light. Puddle comes on anytime the dome light goes on and does the fade as well. So unlocking and when the door opens. It looks sweet!
Old 03-04-13, 03:32 PM
supralative
Pole Position

Originally Posted by xmarvinx
Nice!... been wondering around for these puddle lights, where did you tap that power from? I was looking at to maybe to my lower side view mirror lights. Only reason to that was it lights up when m at close range... but then again it will keep on lightin up when everyone gets close to my car
Shouldnt it only light up if you are near the car with the key?

I uploaded the pics for you RegRover, hope you dont mind. Didnt put them all up.
Looks good
Im tempted to run this diffuser as well.
Is it possible to get one side shot of it. Dont need the whole just the back section from the rear window back even with the car from the side.

Quick Reply: My Ride Diffuser REPLICA