Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Dealer won't perform Recall on IS250 Engine Misfire

Old 05-26-14, 01:51 PM   #16
IC3B3RG
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Go online to this site and add a complaint http://www.nhtsa.gov

I believe if enough people complain about rough idle, the vvt can sprocket start up chatter, carbon build up and countless other issues from poor engineering and design of these motors.... We might be able to cut our losses as a group. I feel like there are more people have problems with these cars then there are not having problems. That's all we can do is complain and hope the government takes the time to research these motors.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
IC3B3RG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-14, 03:38 PM   #17
GAZA4Life
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolannD View Post
Looking for input. Have 2006 IS250, which has always run rough. Had it misfire so bad I was scared to drive it, had it towed into Lexus El Cajon for service. They changed spark plugs ($800 later). Problem continued intermittedly misfiring - took it in Aug for 2nd service, they blamed me for not buying premium gas (I bought it and switched). Car still runs rough, received RECALL letter - took it in...Dealer says it's not showing codes and won't perform recall service.
The letter says it "may" show the codes - do I have any recourse?
Who do I talk to? Our service rep is not very helpful and I always dread when I get him (Josh at El Cajon in case anyone monitors these)...They claim it will require other service that will cost me $1900.

Took it to Navy Auto shop first time it happened and they diagnosed it as: Misfire on Cylinder 6, Stability control has intermittent failure, reprogramming issues (?), carbon build up. I took it to the dealer, which is when they gave me an $800 spark plug change.

Any ideas/suggestions for me? appreciate it!
SMDH.. I've had this similar issue with my 07 is250 with only 37,000 miles on it. Got yanked around from corporate and my service guys. My car was there in shop for 3 months. All in all I ended up buying an 07 GS350 and months later bought an 08 used engine and installed. I'm sorry we love the brand we pay the price at times but my opinion (and this is my opinion) lexus customer satisfaction seldom are there to assist with issues. They send you letters explaining and like to throw the book of their guidelines for JUST ABOUT EVERY SITUATION you may encounter.
Now saying that there are some dealers that go above and beyond and even take some chances to please you by fixing the issue. KUDOS to lexus of WEST PALMS...
2007-IS250 star fire pearl- 20"Donz Delavega's
2003-GX470 Black on gray-22"hypnotiques
GAZA4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-14, 03:37 PM   #18
lisa0311
Driver School Candidate

Oh my gosh! The exact same thing happened to me! It took my 4 times taking it in(same place, same people) before they finally said it qualified. I had to make a lot of complaints first. One year later, it's acting up again and they said bad gasoline!!!!! I knew it wasn't and I paid 400$. Luckily, happened again the next day and they are finally fixing it right after many complaints to the manager and Lexus Corp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolannD View Post
Looking for input. Have 2006 IS250, which has always run rough. Had it misfire so bad I was scared to drive it, had it towed into Lexus El Cajon for service. They changed spark plugs ($800 later). Problem continued intermittedly misfiring - took it in Aug for 2nd service, they blamed me for not buying premium gas (I bought it and switched). Car still runs rough, received RECALL letter - took it in...Dealer says it's not showing codes and won't perform recall service.
The letter says it "may" show the codes - do I have any recourse?
Who do I talk to? Our service rep is not very helpful and I always dread when I get him (Josh at El Cajon in case anyone monitors these)...They claim it will require other service that will cost me $1900.

Took it to Navy Auto shop first time it happened and they diagnosed it as: Misfire on Cylinder 6, Stability control has intermittent failure, reprogramming issues (?), carbon build up. I took it to the dealer, which is when they gave me an $800 spark plug change.

Any ideas/suggestions for me? appreciate it!
lisa0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-14, 10:38 PM   #19
lisa0311
Driver School Candidate

Default same exact experience

Oh my gosh! I had the same experience at the same dealership and same people. (El Cajon Lexus). It took me 4 times taking it in (a year ago) and complaining a lot and calling lexus corp and knowing someone with connections to finally get it in. I guess they didn't do the job right because a yr later my car runs like crap and they tried to tell me bad gasoline too! I paid the money but said I knew that wasn;t the problem and thank goodness it acted up again so I could take it back. They are finally fixing it right after going through so so much for so long! So many complaints before it happened. We'll see when I get it back next week.
lisa0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-14, 11:58 AM   #20
kramkooz21
Driver School Candidate

Default IS 250 AWD more than just engine problems

I have taken my 2007 IS 250 AWD in four times for engine misfire problems which is a safety issue as car goes from 65 to 40 and then misfires all the way back to dealership. Lexus won't fix because they restrict dealers from doing any thing unless specific codes come up. Didn't need a code to find gas in my oil. Come on Man! Do I have to get in a car wreck before any action is taken. I had to pay several hundred dollars to change oil and add engine cleaners.

Now everyone knows about this issue, but I just learned both of my axles are leaking. How do I fix that? Replace both axles is what my Lexus dealer told me. This is the second Lexus that I have had to replace both axles. My RX 300 axles had ABS sensors on the axle that broke off - so no ABS. That is $1,200.00 per axle. This car also had a gel coat issue and had to replace transmission ($4K). I am embarrassed that I was gullible enough to buy another Lexus.

I am going to call Lexus customer service to see if they will step up and fix my IS 250 AWD. Sad that I have to waist my time doing this when they should have taken care of me in the first place. Stuck driving a dangerous car which I can't sell to anyone.
kramkooz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-14, 11:58 AM

Tags
2006, 2007, 2012, codes, dealership, driving, engine, is250, letter, lexus, list, misfire, read, recall, rough, running