IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Looking to Buy Used IS350

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-12, 11:40 AM
jaysauce
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to Buy Used IS350

I found a 2011 USB IS350 F-Sport online fully loaded with a list price of $35999 (https://usedcars.truecar.com/car/Lex...BE5C28B5027343).

Can any tell me if this is a good deal? The car has low miles but was auctioned. Is there anything I can ask for/look out for?

Thanks!
Old 10-06-12, 12:49 PM
CapitalisT
Driver

I would want to know why it was auctioned... was it a trade in or dealer demo? Also - your local Lexus dealership should be able to pull up the service history on the vehicle assuming it was performed their.

Assuming no major issues are found I would say $32-33k is what you should be able to pull off. Nice looking car!! Good luck.
Old 10-06-12, 01:08 PM
VTsuckah
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you have the vin, check carfax and also register the car on lexus.cm to check the service history. If everything looks good, it may be a really good deal. Remember that most dealerships including lexus dealerships buy the majority of their used inventory by auction.
Old 10-06-12, 01:53 PM
Machog
Driver

Clean Carfax, low miles, but its been for sale for 6 months-bit strange?

Might be because its a limited market? Doesn't show any sign of being serviced, not a Lex dealer anyway, but not a huge deal with the low miles, could be a repro from a lease.

Surprised that LoB or Seattle Lex haven't picked it up? Could be a good reason for that.

Be worth a trip over there to check it out. Might be one of those deals if its too good to be true-it is

Good luck.
Machog
Old 10-06-12, 09:47 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

If the physical/mechanical shape of the car works out...go for it.

http://www.definitivem.com/2011-Lexu...-98004/3824447

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...BE5C28B5027343
Old 10-06-12, 10:30 PM
jaysauce
Driver School Candidate

This is from a non-Lexus dealership. Salesman said car is already low/wholesale price and he won't go any lower. Outside the car had some scratches that he said he could buff out. Inside the car was really dirty to me. Smelled like smoke, they said they didn't smell anything. Car definitely needed a vacuum at the minimum. The center console ashtray and lighter were really dirty. The door that covers those didn't close properly. The compartment under the armrest had stains in it. Might be minor details but it just seemed like they could have cleaned the car before putting it on the lot. Salesman said what do u expect its used. I understood that but at 9k miles I was expecting a dealer to at least vacuum the car.

The liners in the rear wheel well and trunk weren't installed like they should have been from the factory. Salesman said that's nothing and he would have his guys fix it.

Asked for a test drive and they said they usually don't let people do that unless they are serious about buying and already have an agreement to buy.

Looked on Lexus drivers for vehicle history and there is no records from the time of original purchase until now. Salesman said I don't need to worry about that because service isn't required until 15k.

Went to Lexus of Seattle and they were really friendly there. Test drove a 2011 IS250 F-Sport, 2009 IS350 without nav, and 2012 IS-F before we came to this place. I wanted the IS350 F-Sport after those test drives.

I was interested in the car but their attitude and rudeness made us leave. Not to mention I was the youngest one walking around the lot and felt like I was discriminated for my age.
Might be a good car for someone else....
Old 10-06-12, 10:41 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I saw that one listed online a couple of weeks ago too. It's rare to see those... a 2011+ IS350 RWD isn't regularly available in WA dealerships since they now have the 2011+ IS350 AWD. Too bad the car wasn't in good shape and the people there were sketchy because it would've been a good opportunity to get one.

Last edited by Wunko; 10-06-12 at 10:47 PM.
Old 10-06-12, 11:21 PM
jaysauce
Driver School Candidate

Yeah. I asked Lexus of Seattle to look out for any 2011 IS350 for me. I probably would have bought the car if they weren't such dbags.
Old 10-06-12, 11:57 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

From the missing body parts to the dirty interior, I'd be hesitant. Plus the salesguy being a jerk and stating the car didn't need service until 15k, doesn't warrant you pay him a dime for lying.
Old 10-07-12, 04:32 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Dude that is a lot of negatives to really go outo n a limb and make the purchase....missing parts is a nono for a 2011 that's crazy, and then not allowing you to drive it unless you are certainly buying it...no thanx....thats just as bad as marrying a girl before meeting her....No Bueno lol
Old 10-07-12, 08:03 AM
Wasabicrkr
Driver School Candidate

Like everyone else said. It was best that you walked away.
Old 10-07-12, 09:15 AM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

F that salesman. If you think the car is a good deal for what it is, don't let the douche stop you. Bypass him and find either a sales mgr or the owner. Besides the oddity with the trunk lining, the other things are minor details.

GL on your search!
Old 10-07-12, 09:46 AM
my07is350
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sounds reallly fishy there with all those beats about the bush. On top of that, they have an attitude problem then show them yours as well. Just tell them to shove it up and walk away, go somewhere else that treats you courteously regardless of your age. I don't know how they can stay in business with that kind of behavior towards the customers.
Old 10-07-12, 10:01 AM
Silver10
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Theres a reason that car has not sold in all these months?
Old 10-07-12, 10:14 AM
CapitalisT
Driver

Originally Posted by jaysauce
This is from a non-Lexus dealership. Salesman said car is already low/wholesale price and he won't go any lower. Outside the car had some scratches that he said he could buff out. Inside the car was really dirty to me. Smelled like smoke, they said they didn't smell anything. Car definitely needed a vacuum at the minimum. The center console ashtray and lighter were really dirty. The door that covers those didn't close properly. The compartment under the armrest had stains in it. Might be minor details but it just seemed like they could have cleaned the car before putting it on the lot. Salesman said what do u expect its used. I understood that but at 9k miles I was expecting a dealer to at least vacuum the car.

The liners in the rear wheel well and trunk weren't installed like they should have been from the factory. Salesman said that's nothing and he would have his guys fix it.

Asked for a test drive and they said they usually don't let people do that unless they are serious about buying and already have an agreement to buy.

Looked on Lexus drivers for vehicle history and there is no records from the time of original purchase until now. Salesman said I don't need to worry about that because service isn't required until 15k.

Went to Lexus of Seattle and they were really friendly there. Test drove a 2011 IS250 F-Sport, 2009 IS350 without nav, and 2012 IS-F before we came to this place. I wanted the IS350 F-Sport after those test drives.

I was interested in the car but their attitude and rudeness made us leave. Not to mention I was the youngest one walking around the lot and felt like I was discriminated for my age.
Might be a good car for someone else....
I'd steer clear of this one based on everything you mention above... Especially if they won't let you drive it. Something is wrong....

Quick Reply: Looking to Buy Used IS350