IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2013 Build Your IS

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-12, 12:44 PM
jgbackes
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2013 Build Your IS

I noticed that the Lexus site now builds 2013 models. There are a few changes that I wasn't expecting.
  1. No tungsten pearl
  2. No Mark Levinson
  3. No Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control

Seems like they only want to sell the IS to the low end buyer. I guess this will help ES sales. Of course the low end for Lexus is still high end compared to many other brands.

Last edited by jgbackes; 10-02-12 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-02-12, 01:23 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jgbackes
I noticed that the Lexus site now builds 2013 models. There are a few changes that I wasn't expecting.
  1. No tungsten pearl
  2. No Mark Levinson

Seems like they only want to sell the IS to the low end buyer. I guess this will help ES sales. Of course the low end for Lexus is still high end compared to many other brands.
PCS was dropped a year or two ago (as was memory seats on the passenger side, AFS, ML without nav, and the "good" sport package)

If you're using the "build your own" though it's usually not an indicator of what you can actually get, just what's available in your local dealer area on the lot... If I went by the build your own the sport package never existed and neither did ML without nav (despite my special order car having both)

this is the page that shows actual available options-

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html

Mark Levinson is still there (with nav only)

For colors you have to go here:
http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/exterior.html

then pick the color selector-- tungsten pearl is still listed
Old 10-02-12, 01:25 PM
Hoovey689

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by jgbackes
  1. No tungsten pearl
  2. No Mark Levinson

no. they are gearing up for the 3IS.
Old 10-02-12, 01:26 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Lexus "Build Your Own" is more like a "Here's what we have sitting around, that we'd really like you to take off our hands."

I suspect they're dumping old '12s by calling them '13s, then will release the 3IS mid-cycle.
Old 10-02-12, 01:32 PM
Hoovey689

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Lexus "Build Your Own" is more like a "Here's what we have sitting around, that we'd really like you to take off our hands."

I suspect they're dumping old '12s by calling them '13s, then will release the 3IS mid-cycle.
no. 13's have different switch gear. Single CD, updated Navi. 13 Model year will be roughly 6 months. 14 out late May early June.
Old 10-02-12, 01:44 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
no. 13's have different switch gear. Single CD, updated Navi. 13 Model year will be roughly 6 months. 14 out late May early June.
Hmmm. 6/12 sounds like "mid" to me
Old 10-02-12, 01:55 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If you mean part as standard or package, ML isn't standard. However for Lexus Canada, ML is there for the IS350 AWD for Luxury with Navigation Package.
Old 10-02-12, 03:05 PM
Hoac
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No more TP!? This means i've got a limited edition color ! =P
Old 10-02-12, 03:46 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

Kurtz,

Do you know this answer? I realize that the build it now is determined by region. It requires you to enter a zip code before you build.

What I could never figure out is there a zip code somewhere in the USA that will list every option, for instance, a loaded 350 w/ Luxury Plus Pkg 18 inch wheels, rear parking, mark levin w/ nav, etc..

My zip code is for FL so it will not let you build a car with all these options, the Nav and ML just doesn't show. I've always wondered what is the secret zip code?
Old 10-02-12, 03:58 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
Kurtz,

Do you know this answer? I realize that the build it now is determined by region. It requires you to enter a zip code before you build.

What I could never figure out is there a zip code somewhere in the USA that will list every option, for instance, a loaded 350 w/ Luxury Plus Pkg 18 inch wheels, rear parking, mark levin w/ nav, etc..

My zip code is for FL so it will not let you build a car with all these options, the Nav and ML just doesn't show. I've always wondered what is the secret zip code?
I doubt there's one that gives you every choice.

That's why I ignore the build your own and use the link I provided that shows all options, and you should too. If your local dealer doesn't have exactly what you want, order it, or find a better dealer who will do so.

Why pay 40k for something that isn't exactly what you want?
Old 10-02-12, 05:29 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
SINGLE CD ?!?!?!?!?

Thats one I havent heard of but damn that blows
Old 10-02-12, 05:39 PM
Pnthrzrule
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dude...you don't own a McLaren

And no car dealer can sell one model year as another. There are clearly defined cut off points for production/model years etc. Plus how would insurance companies and blue book values work with that kind of b.s. going on?!?
Old 10-02-12, 06:29 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by Pnthrzrule
And no car dealer can sell one model year as another. There are clearly defined cut off points for production/model years etc. Plus how would insurance companies and blue book values work with that kind of b.s. going on?!?
I'm joking about "calling a '12 a '13s" for ***** sake. My point is, there's basically NO outward differences between the two model years. For that matter, the Lexus has kept the 2IS body style going on 8 model years. The '13 is not going to be sold for the entire twelve months like normal, they'll just make enough to use up carryover parts inventory. You seem to think no parts carry over from one year to another, and every part is date stamped with that specific model year?!?
Old 10-02-12, 07:04 PM
unc879wins
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw a deal cross my desk today where the local Lexus dealer took in a trade that was $3000 upside down and still sold the 2012 is250 for $3000 back of MSRP. Guy got his pickup paid off and a good price on the 250.
Old 10-02-12, 07:05 PM
unc879wins
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pnthrzrule
the VIN amongst other things would define it as a 2012.

Quick Reply: 2013 Build Your IS