Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lexus IS350 Starfire Pearl - Ecru or black leather

Old 04-08-14, 12:32 PM   #31
allicedout
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mong View Post
I have ercu interior.. listen to your saleman seriously lol
Ercu may seem nice when is new or cleaned but.. it gets dirty like a black car. Meaning you can see all the imperfections. So difficult to get it cleaned too. My opinion if I was you.. get BLACK!
What he said.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
allicedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 12:55 PM   #32
tungc124
Driver School Candidate

I have ecru and I really liked it.

Pro: classy, does not absorb as much heat as black leather during summer, really great color match with STP.

Con: will be pretty obvious if there is an dirty spot, more cleaning to do. But, it doesnt mean that if you have a black interior you would not have to clean it!

If you do take care of your car, cleaning would be a pleasure.
tungc124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 01:13 PM   #33
FSportIS
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (7)

I have white exterior and F Sport black interior and extremely like it. It always look clean, luxurious and sporty to me even after 2 years. My girl also likes it too. I think black can mean "sporty" instead of associating it with gender lol.
2012 IS250 FSport Package & Nav: FSport Exhaust & Intake & Rear Sway Bar, Eibach Springs, TSW Nurburgring Wheels, 3M Clear Bra, Blue Brake Calipers, Molded MyRide Diffuser, 8000k HID all around, Blue Interior LEDs, JL Audio, Opticoat Entire Car.

2006 IS350 Luxury Package & Nav & Mark Levinson : FSport Springs & Shocks & Rear Sway Bar, M2 exhaust, Yellow Brake Calipers, MyRide Diffuser, 3000k HID Fog, Opticoat Entire Car.
FSportIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 03:54 PM   #34
massaker
Driver
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
Hi everyone, got a question about the Lexus IS. I know for sure I want the Starfire Pearl exterior, but am torn on the interior color. I think the ecru is absolutely beautiful with the brown wood panel but the salesman told me that if I wear denim then it would rub off. The black looks sleek but may be a little too black for me - but maybe the contrast of black and white looks good? Can I get everyone's opinions on the pros and cons for ecru v. black leather on the starfire pearl exterior? Thanks for your input.

Also, don't know if it matters but I am a female in late 20s. Do you think the black is too "manly"?
I second that I've had the denim transfer before it sucks bad. Go with black you will be much happier.

09 IS250AWD | BreakWater Blue | Black Interior | Illuminated Door Sills | Sport Pedals | Vertex Body Kit | 19" Vossen VSS083 Staggered Wheels | Yokohama Tires | Nav | F-Sport Grille | Road Magnet Springs | F-Sport Rear Chassis Brace | F-Sport sway bar | SAGE RCA Kit | Mishimoto Carbon catchcan | Megan Rear Camber Arms | Cusco Strut Bar | Lexus HKS Exhaust | K&N Cold Air Intake | Painted IS350 BBK | Tint | OEM Trunk Spoiler | Roof Spoiler | Red Outs | 3M Clear Bra | V-Leds | Adaptive HID's |
massaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 12:45 AM   #35
Pxnda
Rookie

jlexus

Depends if you're going for a more sporty or luxury look for your car. Plus it's your preference. I like the black interior though, wish it was full black like the IS-F though.
Pxnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 04:58 AM   #36
daileycon
Lead Lap

I went with Ecru. Had black leather in my 3 series and hated it, too hot for my sexy buns. Going with Red racing seats soon maybe blue
daileycon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 08:27 AM   #37
kristin66
Driver School Candidate

My question is similar when considering Black vs ecru. I was curious if the protective coating they offer makes a difference? I really want the ecru but I don't like the blue from jeans. I had this problem on a cadillac and within two days of cleaning it was blue again. It drove me crazy.

The Lexus sales person told us that the protective coating should prevent it from transferring onto the ecru. Has anyone had the protective coating for the leather put on?
kristin66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 10:56 AM   #38
FSportIS
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (7)

To prevent dye transfer, apply 303 Aerospace Protectant
Amazon.com: 303 Products 30350 Aerospace Protectant - 32 oz.: Automotive Amazon.com: 303 Products 30350 Aerospace Protectant - 32 oz.: Automotive
every 6 weeks or so. It provides both UV protection and prevent dye transfer. Problem solved.

I have 2 cars one with black interior and one with milky white (don't know exact color) interior. I applied this 303 protectant over many years and the leather seats and interior look just brand new. 303 aerospace protectant is just that good!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin66 View Post
My question is similar when considering Black vs ecru. I was curious if the protective coating they offer makes a difference? I really want the ecru but I don't like the blue from jeans. I had this problem on a cadillac and within two days of cleaning it was blue again. It drove me crazy.

The Lexus sales person told us that the protective coating should prevent it from transferring onto the ecru. Has anyone had the protective coating for the leather put on?
2012 IS250 FSport Package & Nav: FSport Exhaust & Intake & Rear Sway Bar, Eibach Springs, TSW Nurburgring Wheels, 3M Clear Bra, Blue Brake Calipers, Molded MyRide Diffuser, 8000k HID all around, Blue Interior LEDs, JL Audio, Opticoat Entire Car.

2006 IS350 Luxury Package & Nav & Mark Levinson : FSport Springs & Shocks & Rear Sway Bar, M2 exhaust, Yellow Brake Calipers, MyRide Diffuser, 3000k HID Fog, Opticoat Entire Car.
FSportIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 11:52 AM   #39
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJLex19 View Post
One point that I wanted to indicate was that perception is key. To some people, a lighter interior creates an illusion of more space. Darker interiors can sometimes fool the eye into believing there is less usable space. I've sat in a SFP IS with a Black interior and a SFP IS with an Ecru interior and the lighter interior presented a sense of more actual space, even though the space was exactly the same.

This may all be attributed to the human eye's perception of space. This was one factor that help me make the decision to purchase the White w/Ecru - although the space was exactly the same with the black interior, the Ecru made the interior "feel" larger than it actually was.
I think the OP has already made a decision....
tex2670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 11:52 AM