Lexus IS350 Starfire Pearl - Ecru or black leather

Old 09-29-12, 11:55 AM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 1herm4
I like the black interior personaly.
dude, are you a chick? If not, your opinion is invalid :p

I saw a SFP with black interior, it looks nice from the outside, but once I open the door I thought it looked too black/contrasty and doesn't look that good. Black is probably slightly masculine if I have to pick which gender, but nothing wrong with anyone driving it.

If you like the ecru, maybe check around to see how easy it's to clean ...

I'm a guy with SGM and light gray interior, so I pretty much don't know what I'm talking about haha
Old 09-29-12, 12:19 PM
mong
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam350is
People made some good points. I think so. But just get which ever color combo you would like best the ECRU is going to look good and clean for the first month maybe then get dirty. and upkeep of it will be a lot more than the black. I enjoy looking at the ecru. but i went with the black.
Only 2009+ 2is has Ecru interior.
Old 09-29-12, 12:19 PM
Cat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I realize that part of the joy of owning a nice car is also the upkeep. People take pride in cleaning the leather and maintaining the original clean classic look of the ecru.

But.....I have friends that have the ecru interior and they all tell me they regret it because they see marks and stains that drive them crazy. I also don't want to be that **** person worrying about what people are wearing, eating, doing in my car when I have passengers.

The black leather seats themselves are kinda sexy but the dashboard and all the black is what bothers me. It's just too dark and black! Still torn. I like the look of the ecru MUCH better, but it seems like black may be the smarter choice.
Old 09-29-12, 12:22 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by nosurprise

I saw a SFP with black interior, it looks nice from the outside, but once I open the door I thought it looked too black/contrasty and doesn't look that good.
main reason why I went with the tan. It just looks and feel more luxurious IMO. Yeah its a pain to keep clean but I love my car and I clean it in and out once a week regardless so it doesn't bother me much.
Old 09-29-12, 12:46 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Cat
The black leather seats themselves are kinda sexy but the dashboard and all the black is what bothers me. It's just too dark and black! Still torn. I like the look of the ecru MUCH better, but it seems like black may be the smarter choice.
Is the interior trim also black or maple wood or other color?

Really, I think you can't go wrong with either choice or even the light gray interior -- it will look really nice with any of them, it comes down to personal preference and if you think upkeep is worth it. Just look around and make a decision and be happy :-)
Old 09-30-12, 01:16 PM
Cat
Driver School Candidate

Interior trim is like a gray wood color. It's really nice actually.

Yea, everyone says I can't go wrong with either, but it's like a pretty big investment so I want to be confident of my choice.

I'm waiting for someone to talk me out of ecru since I'm leaning toward the black! Tell me ecru is too typical, vanilla, for older people and that black is sexy and modern and that I won't regret it! Just tell me that! :P
Old 09-30-12, 01:27 PM
Crispy
Pole Position

The newer dash has the aluminum trim above the glovebox, which does help brighten the all black dash up, as does the white contrast stitching on all the leather surfaces. I have SFP/Black and love it. Plus, it is soooo easy to keep clean...
Old 09-30-12, 06:49 PM
Nikon
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

i don't find the tan in our cars bad at all. it's a light tan.

I am so glad i got the ecru instead of black. i completely agree with the person that said the ecru says luxury more than the black. maybe i am a clean person because mine does not get dirty very often at all. i love the way the ecru pops against the black exterior.

i think ecru would look classy with the whtie exterior. i don't think either color equates to "masculine" or "feminine". if anything the ecru will be more unique as most of the cool crowd going for "sporty" all want black interiors. the ecru is classy/sexy no matter what the gender.

what i always like is when someone can rock something that the cool sporty kids consider "old" or uncool and make that **** stand out and look fresh amongst all those cool kids all trying to do the same thing to impress each other.

don't jump on any bandwagon... do what YOU think will look good to you. a little uniqueness never hurts as well for a lady in the car community.

+1 vote for ecru because it's not what everyone else wants. why i love it.
Old 10-01-12, 12:56 PM
oramos23
Rookie

Black interior ALL DAY!
Old 10-01-12, 04:26 PM
FolsomDude
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2 year old / 20k miles 350 SFP with Ecru and have ZERO signs of wear, stains,etc. It stays clean enough for me with very minimal effort. I live in a warm area and a black interior takes the fun factor down too much for me. I'm really happy I went with "Ecru"
Old 10-03-12, 08:16 AM
Cat
Driver School Candidate

I went with the black. Thanks for your help everyone!
Old 10-03-12, 08:55 AM
Denver
Lead Lap

i prefer black so i dont have to worry about stains because im a part time mechanic and some carry some dirty *** friends

Last edited by Denver; 10-03-12 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-03-12, 09:15 AM
Cat
Driver School Candidate

Black is edgier. Beige is more classic. You really can't go wrong with either. I am happy with my choice.
Old 04-08-14, 11:20 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,128 Likes on 837 Posts
Default Perceived Space Ecru vs. Black

One point that I wanted to indicate was that perception is key. To some people, a lighter interior creates an illusion of more space. Darker interiors can sometimes fool the eye into believing there is less usable space. I've sat in a SFP IS with a Black interior and a SFP IS with an Ecru interior and the lighter interior presented a sense of more actual space, even though the space was exactly the same.

This may all be attributed to the human eye's perception of space. This was one factor that help me make the decision to purchase the White w/Ecru - although the space was exactly the same with the black interior, the Ecru made the interior "feel" larger than it actually was.
Old 04-08-14, 11:32 AM
allicedout
Rookie

Originally Posted by mong
I have ercu interior.. listen to your saleman seriously lol
Ercu may seem nice when is new or cleaned but.. it gets dirty like a black car. Meaning you can see all the imperfections. So difficult to get it cleaned too. My opinion if I was you.. get BLACK!
What he said.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus IS350 Starfire Pearl - Ecru or black leather