IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

FlyAudio and iPhone 5...

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-12, 02:51 PM
fitguy913
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FlyAudio and iPhone 5...

Has anyone tried an iPhone 5 with the lightning adapter on their FlyAudio HU? What were your results? This is the one thing holding me back from upgrading to the new iPhone.
Old 09-24-12, 01:30 AM
CLIS250
Pole Position

have the oem interface kit and now i dont know what to do not even sure the adapter will work with audio through the interface. may need to get a new interface kit!
Old 10-24-12, 11:30 AM
fitguy913
Rookie

After a long, long wait, I received my 0.2 meter 30-pin-to-lightning adapter today! Took it out, plugged it into my FlyAudio head unit and away we go! Works like a champ!!! Just wanted to put everyone at ease who was worried that it wouldn't work.

FlyAudio unit assumes control of the iPhone in the exact same manner as it did with the iPhone 4 and its predecessors. It also allows me to stream music from Pandora or Wunder Radio.

For any of you FlyAudio owners, I'm working on some interface enhancements to the main menu and possibly other screens. Just dumped all the files from my FA to a MicroSD card last night. Will keep everyone posted!
Old 10-24-12, 11:37 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fitguy913
After a long, long wait, I received my 0.2 meter 30-pin-to-lightning adapter today! Took it out, plugged it into my FlyAudio head unit and away we go! Works like a champ!!! Just wanted to put everyone at ease who was worried that it wouldn't work.

FlyAudio unit assumes control of the iPhone in the exact same manner as it did with the iPhone 4 and its predecessors. It also allows me to stream music from Pandora or Wunder Radio.

For any of you FlyAudio owners, I'm working on some interface enhancements to the main menu and possibly other screens. Just dumped all the files from my FA to a MicroSD card last night. Will keep everyone posted!
I hope your enhancements work, also if they do you should distribute the program per email so Flyaudio does not come on here and steal your enhancements and adverstise them as their own.
Old 01-24-13, 07:02 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Any update to your interface enhancements?
Old 07-17-13, 12:54 PM
DuckyT
Driver School Candidate

Default iPhone 5 Problem

My iPhone connects, but then loses the connection after five seconds. Adapter is Apple made. Any ideas?
Old 09-12-13, 11:15 AM
simba
Driver School Candidate

Smile Enhancements to flyaudio

Hey!

How did it go with the enhancements? Any luck?
Old 09-12-13, 11:16 AM
simba
Driver School Candidate

Smile Resolution to the iphone 5 issue

Originally Posted by DuckyT
My iPhone connects, but then loses the connection after five seconds. Adapter is Apple made. Any ideas?
Any luck with your iphone 5?
Old 09-16-13, 02:18 PM
DuckyT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by simba
Any luck with your iphone 5?
Still the same problem for me.
Old 09-22-13, 06:05 PM
simba
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DuckyT
I just got mine and it works perfectly with the overpriced apple cable.
Old 10-14-13, 05:13 PM
DuckyT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by simba
I just got mine and it works perfectly with the overpriced apple cable.
Turns out my problem was the wire. Never imagined the converter was the problem as it was an Apple purchased product.