IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Let me Introduce myself

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-12, 07:31 AM
LaVaism
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Let me Introduce myself

So I have been meaning to post this since I joined CL and just haven't gotten around to doing so.

I own an IS350 white with the sport / lux package. This was one of my dream cars (Bugatti being another) Prior to the Lexus I drove a Scion tC, now the Scion was my graduated college and buying my first brand new car. Plus I bought the 05 in 04 and had the first one in the City. So yeah it was pimp, threw a super charger in it and a booming stereo. Loved that car.

Fast Forward to 2012 and some old lady pulls out in front of me trying to go across the street, I slammed into her doing 35-40MPH with no time to hit the brakes. You guys know about those knee airbags, well they F***in hurt like hell, main airbag knocked me out cold.

Got 9800 for my car, found the ONLY white IS350 in the town and bought it, put 9k down and went home. I came on here to find out some things about how to service the car, HOLY crap you guys are killing me. I am now modding the car for a sleek clean look. Doing a blue on white theme. Looking at about 15k in upgrades easy.

I must say though, maturity seems to be pretty high here. Everyone is quick to help and offer up their opinions, and really help in making an informed decisions.

Below are some pics of the Scion, just goes to show how awesome Toyota's are. The frame bent but kept me pretty locked down. Oh and you know those safety hammers for breaking glass and cutting seat belts, GET ONE! I had to use it to cut my belt off some how it got jammed up, being in Texas it was hot that day, so I couldn't get the window down after the crash, so I used that to smash it. Worst part of it all, I just bought lunch and spent 5 hours in the hospital, by the time I got out I was starving!!!

So short to the short, glad to be here now where is the coffee again?
Attached Thumbnails Let me Introduce myself-2012-07-20-19.23.18.jpg   Let me Introduce myself-2012-07-20-19.33.10.jpg   Let me Introduce myself-2012-07-20-19.32.08.jpg   Let me Introduce myself-2012-07-25-08.17.47.jpg  
Old 09-22-12, 07:36 AM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to CL. Great color choice. Hope to see springs or coilovers in you modding future.
Old 09-22-12, 07:48 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

welcome to the club man, u picked the best color =P
Old 09-22-12, 07:51 AM
LaVaism
Pole Position

I love the white with the pearl, with the dark windows it just looks so sexy. Once I add in the FSport BBK with that blue I think it will just pop.

I want to lower it, I know everyone prefers the coilovers, I am just afraid the ride quality will be to stiff. Plus in Texas the roads suck, not very even. I was thinking the FSport springs and shocks which I know don't drop it much. First thing is Viper alarm, I miss remote start and I want to make sure it stays parked where I left it.
Old 09-22-12, 08:59 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice choice in cars, you seem like your heading in the right direction. Coilovers could always be ordered with customer spring rates so they arent too stiff. The best compromise seems to be 10K front and 8K rear.

Anyway welcome and enjoy her
Old 09-22-12, 09:07 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice buy man. Sorry about the scion but we are glad to hae you with the Lexus family...let the modding fun begin
Old 09-22-12, 09:30 AM
bopnspam
Driver School Candidate

Glad to hear you're OK... Nice upgrade and welcome.
Old 09-22-12, 09:31 AM
Machog
Driver

Welcome, sorry you had to get to CL this way, but better late than never!

You got the best color by far as others have mentioned!

Its good to know Toyota builds such highly crash rated cars, I assume the Lex is as well rated or better? Think I 'll Google that and get back on here.

Machog
Old 09-22-12, 10:21 AM
es808
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to CL! It's a very nice IS and you'll love modding it. Glad you're ok from the previous accident.

You had navi in the tC? Was that offered as an upgrade? My brother in law has a tC but I don't think his has a navi.
Old 09-22-12, 10:28 AM
LaVaism
Pole Position

Originally Posted by es808
You had navi in the tC? Was that offered as an upgrade? My brother in law has a tC but I don't think his has a navi.
No Nav, I had a Pioneer Deck after market. I did have a really nice P3 Sub in the trunk but the force of the impact snapped the magnet off. I also had some really nice Focal speakers in the front but once again impact destroyed those. Insurance company really screwed me on my stereo equipment. I tried to salvage the head unit but it was a 6 Disc and they got jammed in there so it was worthless.

Funny part was I was looking at a 2012 IS but just couldn't afford those payments just yet so was holding off, that accident forced me to buy a new car so when I found this one used, (it's an 08) I was sold.

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome, I hope to meet up with some other like minded folks in the San Antonio, area!
Old 09-22-12, 02:35 PM
Silver10
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome and sorry to see the TC like that but i hope you will take much better care of the lex then those faded headlights on your supercharged yota....... Was that too immature?
Old 09-22-12, 02:53 PM
LaVaism
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Silver10
Welcome and sorry to see the TC like that but i hope you will take much better care of the lex then those faded headlights on your supercharged yota....... Was that too immature?
haha, well the funny thing about those headlights. I did the restore on them, and it would only work for a few weeks then it seemed like they were right back to faded. Kept trying to get new headlights but I was going through a divorce at the time and that was eating up all my cash flow.

If I could have saved all that money, could have bought a new ISF and still had money left over to mod it.

Oh and the trash on the floor is what was left of my lunch that survived.

Last edited by LaVaism; 09-22-12 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-22-12, 03:09 PM
Silver10
Lexus Test Driver

I was only breaking your chops, Again sorry to see it like that but your here and that's all that matters
Old 09-22-12, 03:23 PM
bigfazolie
Rookie

Damn that sucks about the TC, but welcome to CL! Where in Texas are you located? and BTW did you gut the TC before totaled? I don't see a boost gauge or a drop of any sort. Also make sure to not get into a partial front accident with the IS, because our crumple zone sucks.
Old 09-22-12, 03:34 PM
LaVaism
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Silver10
I was only breaking your chops, Again sorry to see it like that but your here and that's all that matters
HeHe I know you were. Just glad you couldn't see the key marks on the side.

@bigfazolie I had already sold the supercharger before the wreck. I never did put the boost gauges in there though. I just had the TRD Supercharger, which produced about 7lbs of boost I believe. I tried to gut it but even little things got destroyed. I found one of my phones in rear hatch once it was all said and done.

I am in San Antonio,

Quick Reply: Let me Introduce myself