IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS250 Carbon Build up CSP

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-13, 11:03 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bob4256
I think it only applies to every IS that has the 250 engine, 4GSR? I forgot what the actual engine model number is. Some 2IS models in Europe use diesel engines so I dont know if they experience the carbon build up issue
Thanks for clarification. For a moment I though this happen in US only as I never heard anyone from other place having this done and I know how bad the gas is here with high percentage of ethanol
Originally Posted by Zatrekaz
Yeah, was driving the car today... the car feels like it wants to stop everytime I come to a stop at a light/sign. When I begin to go again, it is very slugish at first.

So, would I need to be the original owner for this to be a covered repair? Should I simply call the closest Lexus dealer and ask them?
No, you don;t have to be the original owner.
Old 06-19-13, 02:52 PM
tedward88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GoGiantsNJ
Awww you guys ruined my reasons to tell my Wife that we have to trade in the 250 for a 350!
It still could be a reason, just don't tell her theres a CSP for this
Old 06-19-13, 05:01 PM
Zatrekaz
Rookie

Originally Posted by keyframe13
Thanks for clarification. For a moment I though this happen in US only as I never heard anyone from other place having this done and I know how bad the gas is here with high percentage of ethanol

No, you don;t have to be the original owner.
Thank you.

Since this is my first time dealing with something of this nature, should I just call the closest dealer and ask them? I assume it has to be a Lexus dealer and not a Toyota dealer correct?
Old 06-20-13, 08:45 AM
Antredd
Driver School Candidate

Default I'm Still Waiting

I spoke to my SA last week, and even though I am on the list to have my engine repaired, he said that it may still take another month before they get to my car. They found this problem with my car in January of this year. How long has anyone else waited?
Old 06-20-13, 10:08 AM
Antredd
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BlaznLexus
It's been about 8 months for me now and no calls or anything from Lexus of Riverside regarding my parts coming in.

I guess I will give corporate a call as someone else suggested or try another dealership like Longo
Do you regularly get your car serviced at Lexus of Riverside? Since I go to Lexus of Escondido, my SA told me that I am on the list and my car is coming up to be repaired. They found the problem with my IS in January, and now it's six months later. So depending on the region or area, it's a wait.
Old 06-23-13, 02:53 AM
BlaznLexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Antredd
Do you regularly get your car serviced at Lexus of Riverside? Since I go to Lexus of Escondido, my SA told me that I am on the list and my car is coming up to be repaired. They found the problem with my IS in January, and now it's six months later. So depending on the region or area, it's a wait.
Only for recalls. I find the wait hard to believe when several members who have taken their car to Longo Lexus got the recall done within a week or so
Old 06-23-13, 12:48 PM
ANCL
Driver

Nothing for Canadians.
Old 06-26-13, 06:44 PM
flomtony
Driver School Candidate

I had my car diagnosed today and Lexus confirmed the misfires. My service begins July 10th roughly about a 2 week wait. I would recommend you guys take your car to Longo Lexus located in El Monte. No crazy 6 month wait.

I also I had them fix the trunk release that was a recall issue. My SA told me I will be getting a full tank of gas and car wash ready for me when I pick up my car tomorrow.
Old 07-08-13, 07:37 AM
Antredd
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BlaznLexus
Only for recalls. I find the wait hard to believe when several members who have taken their car to Longo Lexus got the recall done within a week or so
Maybe it's just Lexus of Escondido.
Old 07-08-13, 05:21 PM
vicsis250
Pole Position

Just spoke with my SA she told me that the tech was able to duplicate the idle problem with my car and that they have ordered the parts I'm getting new pistons and rings. They also replaced my water pump I guess it couldn't wait it was already going bad since my last oil change less then 3000 miles. SA told me that the parts are on back order and that I will take a few month to get them in. From the people that have gotten this done what can I expect to feel and is their anything I should look for to make sure they did it right.
Old 07-10-13, 10:06 AM
xmarvinx
Driver School Candidate

My uncle's car stall on the freeway couple of weeks ago and car was sent to the dealer. Found the problem and was told that is a recall issue and they will fix the car and all covered by manufacturer and his warranty has expired, but maintains service at the dealer. I have not receive any notice of a recall letter from Lexus, except for that wiper, but i noticed there is a slight idle jump when on full stop.
Attached Thumbnails IS250 Carbon Build up CSP-484702_10201469819651539_49114213_n.jpg  
Old 07-10-13, 12:57 PM
blitzdmkiv
Driver School Candidate

I called my dealership Freeman Lexus in Santa Rosa to schedule the service recalls for the trunk and wiper, I also requested they take a look at my engine for the Engine misfire carbon issue, they told me that they charge the $139 an hour to diagnosis the issue, if they find it is because of the carbon build up they will waive the fees. Is this correct? I was under the impression the diagnosis was free?

I have experienced this issue a hand full of times but I feel it's easy enough for them to say it's not the problem and charge me for the diagnosis.
Old 07-11-13, 02:15 PM
vicsis250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by blitzdmkiv
I called my dealership Freeman Lexus in Santa Rosa to schedule the service recalls for the trunk and wiper, I also requested they take a look at my engine for the Engine misfire carbon issue, they told me that they charge the $139 an hour to diagnosis the issue, if they find it is because of the carbon build up they will waive the fees. Is this correct? I was under the impression the diagnosis was free?

I have experienced this issue a hand full of times but I feel it's easy enough for them to say it's not the problem and charge me for the diagnosis.

To look into the issue it should be free but it will vary from dealership to dealership you can try calling lexus to see if they can get them to do it for free.
Old 07-11-13, 03:33 PM
blitzdmkiv
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vicsis250
To look into the issue it should be free but it will vary from dealership to dealership you can try calling lexus to see if they can get them to do it for free.

Cool thanks for the info, I'm going to call around, it didn't make sense that Lexus would start this campaign and charge the customer to verify they didn't mess up their car.
Old 07-12-13, 03:32 PM
flomtony
Driver School Candidate

Just dropped off my car for the CSP service. Also getting new spark plugs ($150) and water pump ($220+$20 labor) changed out. Total bill is about $411. Ill be picking it up sometime next week. In the meantime I have a ct200h which isnt a bad car at all. Anyone in socal area I would recommend taking it to Longo Lexus. Excellent service.

Quick Reply: IS250 Carbon Build up CSP