IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

What's the stupidest mistake you've ever done on your IS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-12, 05:13 PM
GQis350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the stupidest mistake you've ever done on your IS?

Feeling horrible guys. I didnt see this curb when I was turning right into a parking lot. Left me with a big chip on my front wheel and a rash on my rear wheel. It sounded so bad and it also split my rear bumper a little bit.

Not only that but it took a piece of my tire meat. Do you guys think I should still ride on the tire? I'm just glad my wheels didn't bend. I'll be giving son tran a call for my wheel repair. Thinking of getting the bottom of my car checked out aswell

Last edited by GQis350; 09-04-12 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-04-12, 05:19 PM
peyman
Lexus Test Driver

it happens to the best of us
Old 09-04-12, 05:24 PM
2slixx
Lexus Test Driver

Dang! I feel ya, I ran over a 4x4 block on the freeway. I also left the car under the canopy and thought it was a good idea to have the wife move it, boy was I wrong!
Old 09-04-12, 05:29 PM
GQis350
Rookie

Originally Posted by 2slixx
Dang! I feel ya, I ran over a 4x4 block on the freeway. I also left the car under the canopy and thought it was a good idea to have the wife move it, boy was I wrong!
What ever happened to your car after that happened?
Old 09-04-12, 05:53 PM
2slixx
Lexus Test Driver

The 4x4 bent my front stocky but I just bought one off Craiglist for dirt cheap and the canopy left a white mark about 6 inches long on my bumper and some white marks on my rear fender panel. It looks like it can be buffed off though. And there is a long list of bad things that happened to my car.

1 first month I had it, the car got egged at winco in 90 degree weather so best believe it was dry when I came out... Left 5k worth of damage (which I just said screw it and never fixed). Wifey closed the garage door on my bumper which resulted in a gouge 1 inch long on the driver side bumper. She ruined my first gfx lip by eating a curb at the mall (my car is stock height). Just last month I jacked up my second gfx lip at Monterrey, their curbs are like 10 inches high! Only reason why I kept the car was because its paid off. . This is just the tip of the iceberg though, I feel like I'm cursed.
Old 09-04-12, 05:58 PM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That sucks, sorry to hear. That incident happened to me when I was parking at community college.

With my '12, when I was lifting my Tanabe Exhaust from the floor to my trunk, the center pipe hit my rear bumper and was scarred with its first paint chip. I was pretty mad at myself for that.
Old 09-04-12, 06:20 PM
greg0126
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I let the Lexus dealership install my springs/shocks for me. I got raped in labor when I could of had a friend do it for a fraction of the cost that I paid. Hindsight...
Old 09-04-12, 06:26 PM
luismedina
Driver School Candidate

i have a feeling most posts on here will have to do with a women driving our car..
Old 09-04-12, 06:42 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

trying to install a steering damper ($26) I yanked on my steering wheel being uncareful and it snapped my clockspring($224) to pieces. What should of been a $26 and a couple of beers mod, became a $250 fix.

Last edited by Vroomin350; 09-04-12 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-04-12, 06:43 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

actually I take that back, once let a 300lbs person sit in my back seat.
Old 09-04-12, 06:53 PM
Nikon
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
actually I take that back, once let a 300lbs person sit in my back seat.
i can barely fit in my backseat and i'm 170lbs. how did you even get a 300lb person in (and out) of the backseat. that had to have taken some serious leverage to help them out.
Old 09-04-12, 07:00 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Nikon
i can barely fit in my backseat and i'm 170lbs. how did you even get a 300lb person in (and out) of the backseat. that had to have taken some serious leverage to help them out.
LOL mannn ........ its a JOKE
Old 09-04-12, 07:08 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

lets see...right before...and I mean RIGHT before I had a guy coming to drive to see the car for sale. I was going to pay through one of the tolls, and SCRAAAAAAAAAAAATCH....

brand new wheels...got curbed the EFF up...

these tolls I've been driving through a year...and never once have I been anywhere near them, until then....lost money because of that ****
Old 09-04-12, 07:27 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok so my story has to be one of the worst.

This happened when I first ordered LEDs for my interior. I was so excited when I got them so I rushed to my car to swap them out. I started with the front dome light and followed the DIY instructions.

I got the front dome out of the headliner and was hanging by the connector. My dumbass has never swapped out LEDs before so instead of simple turning the bulb to remove it, I thought I had to unscrew the panels and the electric switchboard thing. As soon as unscrewed one side, the ENTIRE FRONT DOME just fell apart into pieces, including all of the switches for my sunroof, dome lights, etc I was so mad at myself for being such an idiot. I had to hold up the dome with gorilla tape until I took it to the dealer. My SA told me that hes never seen anything like that before and had me leave the car overnight. The next day he calls me and tells me that they would have to take the front dome assembly from another car and swap it into mine because the tech would have a hard time putting everything back together and was going to charge me $2k! As a college student, there was no way I could afford that so I ended up asking to speak with the service manager.

I explained my case to him, and that I bought the Fsport exhaust/intake and had the dealer install them so Ive given the dealer business even after buying the car. Luckily he understood and agreed to only charge me 2 hours of labor for a tech to put it back together.

I was a complete idiot and never want to go through something like that again
Old 09-04-12, 08:23 PM
po1qw
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

^ that's crazy thanks god you only got the 2 hour service charge .... as a college student i understand

Quick Reply: What's the stupidest mistake you've ever done on your IS?