heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

It's a replica, so no way!
Old 08-07-12, 06:36 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice that it gives you a full bumper replacement instead of just a lip.

And that's the first I have seen of anyone doing IS-F Fenders! I am very interested in the fenders, but I want to see better pictures to ensure quality
Old 08-07-12, 06:39 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow thats pretty close to the ISF WALD.
Old 08-07-12, 07:03 PM
XZOTIK1
Driver School Candidate

I talked to them, $1075 + 350 for shipping. no doubt its made in China, don't be surprised if the authentic kit is made there also, probably by the same manufacturer....LOL that how they get us!
Old 08-07-12, 07:15 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Originally Posted by XZOTIK1
I talked to them, $1075 + 350 for shipping. no doubt its made in China, don't be surprised if the authentic kit is made there also, probably by the same manufacturer....LOL that how they get us!
Authentic kit is made in Japan, not China, and they don't "get us". There's a price to pay for authentic parts and I wish everyone would respect an original design by supporting the company who designed and fabricated it, and not those who crudely replicate it.
Old 08-07-12, 07:23 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
Authentic kit is made in Japan, not China, and they don't "get us". There's a price to pay for authentic parts and I wish everyone would respect an original design by supporting the company who designed and fabricated it, and not those who crudely replicate it.
I completely agree with you on the stealing other people's idea, but I also think companies should understand supply and demand. I mean the kit can be full price when it first comes out, but over time, the price has to drop. It can still be a couple hundreds more than the replica, and I would still buy it, but when its THOUSANDS more, that's just BS.

Our 2IS does not stay at the same price, it drops down in value as time passes and the dealership prices reflect that. Its the reason why I chose to buy a couple year old lexus that has dropped down in price to match the brand new, increasing-similar-shape hyundai.

People are will to pay a little more for the real thing because its probably better quality, but its pretty dumb that kit prices never decrease.

To get back on topic, does the front fender appear wider? or am i just imagining things, those front wheels look pretty sunken in

Last edited by edgeucated; 08-07-12 at 07:32 PM.
Old 08-07-12, 07:33 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Originally Posted by edgeucated
I completely agree with you on the stealing other people's idea, but I also think companies should understand supply and demand. I mean the kit can be full price when it first comes out, but over time, the price has to drop. It can still be a couple hundreds more than the replica, and I would still buy it, but when its THOUSANDS more, that's just BS.

Our IS does not stay at the same price, it drops down in value as time passes and the dealership prices reflects that. Its the reason why I chose to buy a real lexus and not the increasing similar shape hyundai.

People are will to pay a little more for the real thing because its probably better quality, but its pretty dumb that kit prices never decrease.
I can understand that side of it, but at least for us in America, I like that the price doesn't decrease with the age (at least we in America don't see much of a drop) because it maintains its exclusivity. Last thing I want is everyone owning a Wald kit because it became financially available to more people. Its hard enough in every car market that as the car becomes older and more easily obtainable, you are no longer so exclusive. Look at corvette drivers... The C6 can now be scooped up for under $25k when they bought it for over $55k. At least with these kits you can somewhat maintain some exclusiveness. I like to think of that aspect of buying wheels/kits from Japan.

Also, you have to remember these arent mass produced and stocked up. So supply/demand doesn't necessarily fit. At least for black bison Wald, they don't produce it until there is a demand (an actual buyer) so you're paying for that piece to get made.
Old 08-07-12, 07:33 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

+1.

if you want to play, you've got to pay.
Old 08-07-12, 07:35 PM
XZOTIK1
Driver School Candidate

I know what you mean...how dare Wald mold,replicate,modify an Authentic Lexus bumper and then sell it for thousands. Lexus design engineers are singing the same song slick.
Old 08-07-12, 07:41 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

I know what you mean...how dare Wald mold,replicate,modify an Authentic Lexus bumper and then sell it for thousands. Lexus design engineers are singing the same song slick.
Wald does not replicate Lexus parts. Wald creates aftermarket parts that fit on Lexus (and many other) vehicles. Wald competes with the Lexus aftermarket aero kits (gfx), they do not replicate the gfx kit (or fsport exhaust).

If anything, Lexus applauds Wald for creating a small influx in market buyers (tuners/modders are a small market in the scope of things).
Old 08-07-12, 07:47 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wald does not replicate Lexus parts. Wald creates aftermarket parts that fit on Lexus (and many other) vehicles. Wald competes with the Lexus aftermarket aero kits (gfx), they do not replicate the gfx kit (or fsport exhaust).

If anything, Lexus applauds Wald for creating a small influx in market buyers (tuners/modders are a small market in the scope of things).
this is so true!!

It says $300-$600 a piece. Sounds like too much for a replica for me.
Old 08-07-12, 08:13 PM
XZOTIK1
Driver School Candidate

Yeah...Perhaps I shouldn't put a kit on my Lexus.I don't want it to look like a modified civic. Wheels, brakes exhaust, f-Sport intake. and I'm done. no add on pieces flapping in the wind..LOL
Old 08-07-12, 08:23 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

Just like how there are Vertex rep, Ings rep, Gfx rep and even the WALD rep kits, I don't see how making an ISF WALD rep is wrong? In fact, I think this particular company who made the bison rep is smart and tries to capture a different market.

Don't get me wrong, I DO NOT support replica / fake stuff myself. These replica alternative also hurts the sales of the authentic stuff that manufactures work really hard to produce. But that doesn't mean that other people who might want a cheaper alternative agree since they couldn't afford the real stuff or even an ISF to begin with in this case.

just my .02
Old 08-07-12, 08:48 PM
ZeroSeVen
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's no debate between an authentic and a replica body kit It all comes down to on what meets your budget.

Just be careful in buying the full kit. The most common problem that you may encounter is fitment issue. The body shop may sometimes have to modify or alter the shape of the kit just to make it fit which in the end will cause you time and money. Keep in mind that not all gaps can be fixed by 3M double sided tape

If you really the kit. I strongly recommend in buying the front bumper/ front lip and see how it fits.

I bought the authentic Wald side skirts and rear lip and couldn't be more happier. Sure it's several hundreds more than a replica but you get what you pay for. No problem in fitment. You couldn't even see the double sided tape in between the kit and the rear bumper where it wraps around the sides. That's how good the fitment is.

Quick Reply: Wald ISF Kit for an IS250/300/350