IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-12, 06:57 PM
skytribe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's great that these two issues have potentially been fixed.

The other issue I seem to recall relates to the radio frequencies being off. Is this still an issue and is this going to be fixed.

If so then the alternative to FlyAudio starts to look interesting as it appears to have most of he major issues being resolved,
Old 12-29-12, 04:46 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I didn't ask him about fixing the radio frequencies because I think it might be very difficult to fix. Also, everyone's unit is off by different amounts -- in my unit my frequency range is from 94MHz to 96MHz for all the stations! (e.g. 99.7KROCKALLDAYEVERYDAY is 95.0MHz and 103.9BOOMINGRADIO is 95.2MHz)
Old 12-29-12, 10:23 PM
jtwenger
Driver School Candidate

can anyone tell me if the lsq star unit is the same as the bonroad unit? I want to buy Nav but lsq star doesn't have any in stock.

I got an email back from Elaine at bonroad saying they have it in stock but I recall somewhere on this thread that there was an issue with this seller and it was advised to buy from lsq star instead. . Should I just wait for lsq to get more In stock or is this bonroad unit the same?
Old 12-30-12, 07:03 AM
Stavros
Rookie

As far as I know, both LSQ and Bonroad units are the same. Both are manufactured by Road Rover http://www.roadrover.cn/e/
Old 12-30-12, 07:39 AM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stavros
As far as I know, both LSQ and Bonroad units are the same. Both are manufactured by Road Rover http://www.roadrover.cn/e/

Whoa. Nice find. Has anyone contacted RR directly to see if we can get a better price than from LSQ?
Old 12-30-12, 06:43 PM
curtisR
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So I've finally decided to pull the trigger on this mod.
I contacted lsq and was told that the unit is now $700.
I spoke with
seller via Skype: Dorothy (I guess this is their new Representative)
http://www.lsqbusiness.com/qqxx/enpr...how.asp?id=272

I read that this is the best seller to deal with;
any other suggestions or perhaps a link with more information?

thanks in advance.
Old 12-31-12, 02:44 AM
eightysix
Driver School Candidate

is there anyone who was able to make a skin for this unit which is more OEM, or like the flyaudio unit?
The 3 included skins look soooo cheap.
Old 12-31-12, 10:44 AM
nosurprise
Racer

Originally Posted by jsmacks
Whoa. Nice find. Has anyone contacted RR directly to see if we can get a better price than from LSQ?
I have, but the contact form in there is non-functional. Also, I tried to email them directly from the email address on the website. But I got a email delivery error.
I contacted lsq and was told that the unit is now $700.
Try to get it from a different supplier. It was barely worth $500 with all the issues in software and dash fit -- and it won't fit right unless you have a 2009+, and the unit seems to be no longer supported (the user interface is no longer supported. RoadRover released a new user interface that fixes all these issues but is not in these units).
Old 01-02-13, 07:20 PM
jtwenger
Driver School Candidate

LSQ Star is claiming that their units are better quality than that of bon road. Can anyone confirm this? I highly doubt they have higher grade internals. It seems like its the same system just branded under a different name.

Bon road is still honoring the old price at about $500 vs the LSQ star that is jacked up to $700. if this unit is the exact same im going with the bon road one.

Last edited by jtwenger; 01-02-13 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-03-13, 08:07 PM
06pearlex
Rookie

I ordered my radio on 12\21\2012 from LSQ Star, her name is lucy. I asked her for the tracking number yesterday and she stated she would email me the tracking number when it gets pickup by DHL. My question is how long does it take to receive the tacking number?
Old 01-03-13, 08:24 PM
Tarrant64
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 06pearlex
I ordered my radio on 12\21\2012 from LSQ Star, her name is lucy. I asked her for the tracking number yesterday and she stated she would email me the tracking number when it gets pickup by DHL. My question is how long does it take to receive the tacking number?
I think with most shipping companies once an order is placed you have a tracking number same day whether or not it has been picked up. It justvwouldnt be in the system untilmits actally picked up or droppedboff. Could be stalling or DHL really doesn't have a number yet.

When I create shipments for UPS to drop off I get a label and tracking emailed to me under an hour. Same for FedEx. I don't do any DHL so I can't say for them. Be patient but perhaps ask when is the pickup so you know hen to check back in for a tracking number.

Sorry for typos, on iPad.
Old 01-03-13, 08:40 PM
06pearlex
Rookie

Originally Posted by Tarrant64
I think with most shipping companies once an order is placed you have a tracking number same day whether or not it has been picked up. It justvwouldnt be in the system untilmits actally picked up or droppedboff. Could be stalling or DHL really doesn't have a number yet.

When I create shipments for UPS to drop off I get a label and tracking emailed to me under an hour. Same for FedEx. I don't do any DHL so I can't say for them. Be patient but perhaps ask when is the pickup so you know hen to check back in for a tracking number.

Sorry for typos, on iPad.
Thanks, that's what my brother told me to be patient. Probably it’s on back order and they don't want to tell me.
Old 01-08-13, 01:38 PM
felo2081
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I being waiting for my unit for almost 2 months. I paid for it on 11/12/2012 and still waiting!! I got a tracking number finally on Monday and its supposed to arrive on Friday. Hope it comes!!
Old 01-08-13, 05:53 PM
06pearlex
Rookie

Originally Posted by felo2081
I being waiting for my unit for almost 2 months. I paid for it on 11/12/2012 and still waiting!! I got a tracking number finally on Monday and its supposed to arrive on Friday. Hope it comes!!
I received the tracking on sunday night.
Old 01-08-13, 06:22 PM
nosurprise
Racer

After I paid, they shipped 3 days later and 3 more days for it to arrive.

As I use the AC in the winter, I found that the AC doesn't work as well as the OEM in Auto. If someone still have the OEM unit, you can test it out. It does these things in Auto mode, though there seems to be no way to adjust to "feet only" even in manual mode.

This unit start blowing air while it's still cold (OEM doesn't do this).

When it reaches the desired temperature, it starts to blow cool air.

When the heat comes on, it's always the feet vents that blows, but the windshield vents also come on ... does the OEM do this as well? I can't really remember, but this seems to be something wrong with the unit as this is the same as "feet and windshield" setting, not "feet only" setting.

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer