IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-12, 08:08 PM
J250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by knbnguyen
All you got to do is download IGO Primo from **************.com and you are set. It not really that hard, wish i didn't erase IGO8 from my orginial SD card that came with the unit though. It seem IGO8 use less system memory then Primo
lol yea i know, that's what i did to my Unit. But to some members it might be PIA cause they're not as experienced.. With the same price as other suppliers, why not just buy a unit that is already set and not needing to worry about installing anything .. BTW, the supplier i bought from is extremely inexperienced with this unit and did not provide any diagrams on installation (even though it's straight forward) compared LSQ Star.. Every time i ask her a question, she has no clue what i'm asking and changes topics which can get very annoying..
Old 09-18-12, 11:53 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

LSQ Star is out of stock currently ... I was trying to order one from them, but he say they won't have stock for a month :/
Old 09-19-12, 06:57 AM
IamNate
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got some semi good news. RoadRover is working on an update for these units. Thought the person I am speaking to does not know a release date yet. If I hear something you guys will know first.
Old 09-19-12, 10:16 AM
rockopico
Rookie

Originally Posted by IamNate
I got some semi good news. RoadRover is working on an update for these units. Thought the person I am speaking to does not know a release date yet. If I hear something you guys will know first.
hmmmm...BonRoad (roadrover) is working on an update? If they really are, I wonder how we'd get our hands on the updated firmware. Their support system seems non-existent.

On another note, I talked to them last night because a buddy of mine wants the same unit. they said they were out (as a previous poster mentioned), but had FlyAudio units they could sell me. I asked if it was the same price, they said no, and quoted me $750. Interesting, eh?
Old 09-20-12, 12:20 AM
xpionage2
Rookie

Originally Posted by knbnguyen
As for the sound, IGO Primo control your sound too once you have it on, so adjust it might solve your problem.
Is anyone else having this sound problem? This is frustrating. There are no auto sound limiting option in both igo primo or the main UI. I notice the sound gets louder, bass gets deeper at about 60km/h. When asked the supplier, she said it's because "wires affect each other if you put together. you should wrap them especially connection parts. by the way, when speed up, the battery follows up too, power supply become stronger than normal"

WTF?
It's a plug and play unit, how can any of the wires cause the volume to increase? I have to "wrap" the wires.
Old 09-20-12, 01:30 AM
J250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol... sorry for laughing but is that Elaine who told you that? If so, why am i not surprised that she makes things more complicated.. As for the issue, if i were you, redo the entire installation again and do not plug aux cable in. Have you tried running IGO8 and does it do the same thing? It might even be a defect on that unit because never really heard of this kind of issue..
Old 09-20-12, 12:54 PM
Asher
Rookie

thers multimedia sys on alibaba.com for 600$ aprox what do you guys say is made in china but still cheap please reply
thanks
Old 09-20-12, 02:58 PM
buzz97
Driver School Candidate

Default Which one?

Hi Everyone!

I've read and clicked on some of the links to this "china head unit" in previous replies but after some searching on Alibaba.com i came across a couple of descriptions and am confused on which one to buy.

example.
LSQ Star has ones that say 2009-2011 7" display then they have another that says 2008-2011 and in the description is 8" display.

I have a 2009 IS250 AWD. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 09-21-12, 08:07 AM
rockopico
Rookie

Originally Posted by buzz97
Hi Everyone!

I've read and clicked on some of the links to this "china head unit" in previous replies but after some searching on Alibaba.com i came across a couple of descriptions and am confused on which one to buy.

example.
LSQ Star has ones that say 2009-2011 7" display then they have another that says 2008-2011 and in the description is 8" display.

I have a 2009 IS250 AWD. Any help would be appreciated!
Actually, none of the units have the 7" screen anymore (or at least they shouldn't). they just don't update the descriptions very often. They're all RoadRover units, whether you buy from LSQ Star or BonRoad. BonRoad sent me the FlyAudio branded installation instructions. Once you start talking to the reps in Alibaba, the descriptions they'll send you are all 8" screens.

Since you have an '09 already (I have an '07) you won't have to worry about the vent gap issue. You'll be good to go.
Old 09-22-12, 12:58 AM
Asher
Rookie

so......if i have 08 thers no one that sell this unit that it will fit perfectly to my 08 without changing the vent pls let me know
Old 09-24-12, 06:50 AM
rockopico
Rookie

Originally Posted by Asher
so......if i have 08 thers no one that sell this unit that it will fit perfectly to my 08 without changing the vent pls let me know
Yep. you have to change the vents....and I still haven't seen anyone post pictures of these units installed in an '06-'08 with the '09-'11 vents (maybe I missed it though). I have the vents, but haven't installed them yet because the clips are different and I'm hesitating. the gap looks horrible though.
Old 09-24-12, 09:39 AM
Asher
Rookie

Angry

Sounds like better not to get the sys if there a big gap that infront of your face all day long
Old 09-25-12, 07:07 AM
rockopico
Rookie

Originally Posted by Asher
Sounds like better not to get the sys if there a big gap that infront of your face all day long
Well, changing the vents is supposed to solve the gap issue, but the clips are not the same and I don't know how to jerry-rig it. the gap does look awful though, just like the picture someone else posted in their thread.
Old 09-27-12, 06:59 AM
4LisaJean
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rockopico
Well, changing the vents is supposed to solve the gap issue, but the clips are not the same and I don't know how to jerry-rig it. the gap does look awful though, just like the picture someone else posted in their thread.
Have an 09 and installed the Roadrover a couple of weeks ago. Hardest part was trying to get the vent unit out. Looks like someone had tried to pry it out in the past and had broken all the little tabs. After lots of fussing around I finally pretty much forced the unit out. No damage to dash or vent unit (except to little clips), luckily. After I got it out I just cut the clips, all four, off the unit. The unit fits so tight above the nav that it turns out I didn't need the clips anyway. Been 2 weeks and the vent hasn't budged. If u have the 09 vent I'd go for it.
Old 10-01-12, 08:12 AM
IamNate
Driver

Those of you that have purchased this unit, could you email the seller for me and ask for a MCU update for your unit and see what they say? I have been told by my seller that it is out though she does not have access to the file yet.

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer