IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-12, 08:04 PM
F-LEX350
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I already installed my unit and when I play the dvd, I'm not getting the video but audio is fine. Should I connect the harness with all the rca cables needs to be connected if I don't want to connect a back up camera. Thanks
Old 09-16-12, 09:03 PM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Did you ground the DVD wire in the back?
Old 09-16-12, 09:08 PM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

Ohh, figure I post this since I just found out last week. This unit is able to play and control my iPhone through Bluetooth. I was able to play skip song with pandora on the unit.
Old 09-16-12, 11:50 PM
xlinkx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dac Biet
Thanks for all the info guys. I love this forum. Mine just came in. I swapped out the green LEDs with blue and white during the installation . Im very pleased with how it turned out
that looks really nice!! Where did you get the leds? what bulbs did you use?? How hard is it to do the swap. Thanks
Old 09-17-12, 07:10 AM
rockopico
Rookie

J250. where did you buy your unit? It's a perfect color match with '07 250s.
Old 09-17-12, 08:06 AM
xpionage2
Rookie

How do you guys fast forward music on the iPod control?There's only a "next" button.
Also, I'm using igo primo, but my time keeps reverting back to one hour earlier, but the time on primo is correct and remains the same. How did you guys fix that? Another thing I noticed the other day was that the sound would get louder as the speed increased. I couldn't figure out how to turn this option off, so I just did a reset and it seemed like it worked. Anyone else have this issue?
The picture viewing on the UI sucks. I don't think it loads big pictures very well.
Old 09-17-12, 10:21 AM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

Originally Posted by xpionage2
How do you guys fast forward music on the iPod control?There's only a "next" button.
Also, I'm using igo primo, but my time keeps reverting back to one hour earlier, but the time on primo is correct and remains the same. How did you guys fix that? Another thing I noticed the other day was that the sound would get louder as the speed increased. I couldn't figure out how to turn this option off, so I just did a reset and it seemed like it worked. Anyone else have this issue?
The picture viewing on the UI sucks. I don't think it loads big pictures very well.
Here is the reason why you all having problem with the time. Window CE all have clock set with an "uncheck" on automatic adjust daylight saving time. So you will be one hour short unless that option is check. There's two way you can solve it. 1) Adjust to different time zone either + or - one hour to match your time. 2) go into the window ce itself and fix it. I found a way to do this accidently while trying to install garmin as gps. Pvt me if you really want to do this.

As for the sound, IGO Primo control your sound too once you have it on, so adjust it might solve your problem.
Old 09-17-12, 06:30 PM
Xao604
Driver School Candidate

I was wondering if you guys got the DVD or CD changer music playing while using IGO primo? it seems like it shuts off when IGO primo is running. Thanks.
Old 09-17-12, 08:18 PM
F-LEX350
Rookie

Originally Posted by knbnguyen
Did you ground the DVD wire in the back?
Hi,

I just grounded it in one of the screws at the back.
Old 09-17-12, 11:56 PM
J250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rockopico
J250. where did you buy your unit? It's a perfect color match with '07 250s.
Buy it from LSQ STAR on alibaba.. The navigation unit are all from the same supplier (road rover). IMO, if you dont want to go through the trouble of installing IGO primo, don't buy it from the supplier i bought it from. The contact person is Elaine he. I have no grudge against her, just that they seem not as experienced with this compared to LSQ Star..
Old 09-18-12, 01:44 AM
xlinkx
Driver School Candidate

Has anyone tried this http://www.wincepatch.com/ on their unit? It's suppose to give you a better GUI, wifi/3g and apps. I currently own fly audio unit and wifi isn't compatible. If you already installed this or willing to try, please give feed back so I can return for the alibaba unit instead. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 09-18-12, 05:06 AM
knbnguyen
Pole Position

Originally Posted by J250
Buy it from LSQ STAR on alibaba.. The navigation unit are all from the same supplier (road rover). IMO, if you dont want to go through the trouble of installing IGO primo, don't buy it from the supplier i bought it from. The contact person is Elaine he. I have no grudge against her, just that they seem not as experienced with this compared to LSQ Star..
All you got to do is download IGO Primo from **************.com and you are set. It not really that hard, wish i didn't erase IGO8 from my orginial SD card that came with the unit though. It seem IGO8 use less system memory then Primo
Old 09-18-12, 06:43 AM
sudipminha
Driver School Candidate

Default IGO Primo vs IGO8

Hi
I am new to this forum though I had a 2din nav unit installed in my Lexus LS430 and have a lot of experience with both Primo and IGO8. Primo is definitely far superior than IGO 8 but if you can make some adjustments to the sys files in the SDcard then that is resolved to a greater extent. ************** forums on primo and IGO8 offer a lot of help.
Old 09-18-12, 05:55 PM
bruch
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xlinkx
Has anyone tried this http://www.wincepatch.com/ on their unit? It's suppose to give you a better GUI, wifi/3g and apps. I currently own fly audio unit and wifi isn't compatible. If you already installed this or willing to try, please give feed back so I can return for the alibaba unit instead. Thanks in advance for your help.
Hey Xlinkx,

You can create your own GUI interface with the tutorial in this link:
http://gps.pezquiza.com/gps/como-faz...-gps-em-risco/
The link is in portuguese (brazil) but you can use google translate.
The creation of the menus are very simple it just requires a lot of changing here and there in the configuration files.
With the menu ready, you can set the "Auto Execute" for the GPS and select the Menu.exe.

If you have any other questions, let me know.
I created one for an old device that I had (480x320).
But because I'm not using anything else in my current unit I didn't even messed with.

(This menu does not give you the ability to enable wireless. it is only a "nice" interface)
Old 09-18-12, 07:54 PM
F-LEX350
Rookie

Originally Posted by p0lo8
Vents are $165 from Sewell before shipping
what is the part id for the vent? thanks

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer