IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found Flyaudios Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-12, 09:26 PM
Xao604
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes i paid them directly thru paypal.

So after using the GPS navi for a while. I got IGO primo working perfectly but i find that for some odd reason when i go to NAVI it goes automatically to AUX mode and music stops playing. is it suppose to be doing this or did i wire it wrong and i find it sort of odd when i have to go to cd changer again...
Old 09-12-12, 11:12 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I'll get it then ... I was planning to get a bluetooth module only for calls, but that come out to $200 so might as well just get this. How's the bluetooth calling quality? I heard some people complain about it; does it use the mic on the phone? Can an external mic attach to the unit?

I read about this AUX mode changing problem somewhere (not sure if it's specific to NAVI), and the fix was unplug the AUX cable.
Old 09-12-12, 11:54 PM
J250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Xao604
yes i paid them directly thru paypal.

So after using the GPS navi for a while. I got IGO primo working perfectly but i find that for some odd reason when i go to NAVI it goes automatically to AUX mode and music stops playing. is it suppose to be doing this or did i wire it wrong and i find it sort of odd when i have to go to cd changer again...
Try removing the AUX cable and it should solve the problem... Permanent solution? Not too sure yet.. And it's going to take forever before Elaine gives you an answer which most likely won't work .

Originally Posted by nosurprise
I'll get it then ... I was planning to get a bluetooth module only for calls, but that come out to $200 so might as well just get this. How's the bluetooth calling quality? I heard some people complain about it; does it use the mic on the phone? Can an external mic attach to the unit?.
The bluetooth quality is not bad at all. The other party can hear my voice clearly but I recommend using a dust blower towards the mic at the front to get rid of any dust inside. It helped out a lot BUT do not directly blow into the hole. And yes, you can get a external mic which the supplier will include with extra cost. You can hook up the external mic up towards the vanity light where the OEM Navigation mic would have been if you had the option
Old 09-13-12, 12:00 AM
J250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4LisaJean
I think there was mention of a diagram regarding hooking up a reverse camera? I installed the Roadrover I got from Alibaba ($580) shipped, and everything works. Same issues about clock, etc, but the unit is a deal compared to F/A, I think. Can anyone help with back-up camera hookup? Thanks.
Combine all three pics together than you'll understand. This was taken from a PDF file given by 07AWDIS250 so couldn't put the entire diagram into one picture.

To simplify a little of the diagram, once you remove your trunk liner:
-Reverse cable (behind the unit) and Red cable (12v+) needs to be connected to the reverse light YELLOW CABLE.
-Black cable (12v-) needs to be connected to the WHITE CABLE with BLACK STRIPES.

Last edited by J250; 09-13-12 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-13-12, 06:56 AM
4LisaJean
Driver School Candidate

J250, thank you very much. As soon as I run the cable thru the car, I'll check this out. I too have the "aux" problem when I go to "NAV". The aux comes on and I can't play cd's or ipod. Does anyone know which is the "aux" cable behind the unit? I've already taken this thing out twice, but maybe the 3rd time is a charm. Thanks.
Old 09-13-12, 09:30 AM
xpionage2
Rookie

J250, thank you very much. As soon as I run the cable thru the car, I'll check this out. I too have the "aux" problem when I go to "NAV". The aux comes on and I can't play cd's or ipod. Does anyone know which is the "aux" cable behind the unit? I've already taken this thing out twice, but maybe the 3rd time is a charm. Thanks.
Is this "aux" problem happening to the LSQ Star units only? I ordered it from Elaine and the only major issue I'm having is the radio stations. The specifications do call for RDS feature though, but I don't think it has it?

I installed igo primo and I like it much better.
Old 09-13-12, 03:20 PM
4LisaJean
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xpionage2
Is this "aux" problem happening to the LSQ Star units only? I ordered it from Elaine and the only major issue I'm having is the radio stations. The specifications do call for RDS feature though, but I don't think it has it?

I forgot that I had a cable plugged into the aux in the center console. After that was removed the "aux" problem went away. Still can't get the clock to stay on the right time; and the radio stations are way off; and I can't figure out RDS either.
Old 09-13-12, 04:41 PM
F-LEX350
Rookie

How did you install Igo Primo? and where? thanks
Old 09-13-12, 05:56 PM
F-LEX350
Rookie

what cables from the unit are not needed to be connected from the harness like the rca cables if you are not connecting a back up camera and what about the other pink wire, I believe the other pink wire that says brake needs to be grounded to play dvd while driving? does it have a built in mic for usb? thanks

Last edited by F-LEX350; 09-13-12 at 05:57 PM. Reason: add question
Old 09-13-12, 09:34 PM
J250
Lexus Test Driver

I forgot that I had a cable plugged into the aux in the center console. After that was removed the "aux" problem went away. Still can't get the clock to stay on the right time; and the radio stations are way off; and I can't figure out RDS either.
No worries, glad i can help out. Don't waste your time on trying to fix the time with IGO8, just install IGO primo and it'll fix the issue like i mentioned in previous post. I wasted good 3 hours trying different methods including editing the configuration in word pad. IMO IGO Primo is a lot more friendly user than the IGO8.

IF you really wish to keep the IGO8, the only method i can think of is, go into the IGO8 folder into the TIMEZONE file. In Word Pad, change all the timezones exactly the same as Pacific Standard Time forcing it to be the correct time. Do not delete all the timezones and leaving PST only as this will cause an error in the navigation. PLEASE remember to back up the entire IGO8 files into a separate SD CARD because anything that changes MAY effect the entire navigation.

As i mentioned in previous post, IGO8 is known to cause issue on the system it is running on. Systems such as Android which forces the entire cell phone's time to follow the IGO8 GPS satellite time. There are solutions for the Androids which I tried on our unit but was not successful..

Last edited by J250; 09-13-12 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-13-12, 10:46 PM
xpionage2
Rookie

Originally Posted by F-LEX350
How did you install Igo Primo? and where? thanks
I found the install files online and copied it into the micro sd card. Then I changed in the settings to use primo instead of igo8.
Old 09-14-12, 06:15 PM
F-LEX350
Rookie

I found the install files online and copied it into the micro sd card. Then I changed in the settings to use primo instead of igo8.
May I know where you got it? Thanks
Old 09-15-12, 10:03 AM
4LisaJean
Driver School Candidate

The unit I got from alibaba (roadrover) already had igo primo. At least that's what the screen says when it is initializing. Also, wondering if anyone can help: the pink "brake" wire that comes with the new harness, that needs to be grounded; is there a specific wire I can use in the car in the recess for the nav unit to hook up the pink wire to ground it? I don't have electrical test equipment, and I don't want to screw things up in there. I'm trying to get my dvd option to show the reverse camera image. J250, thanks for the pics, they will definitely help when I get to hooking up the reverse camera.
Old 09-16-12, 10:40 AM
4LisaJean
Driver School Candidate

The unit I got from alibaba (roadrover) already had igo primo. At least that's what the screen says when it is initializing. Also, wondering if anyone can help: the pink "brake" wire that comes with the new harness, that needs to be grounded; is there a specific wire I can use in the car in the recess for the nav unit to hook up the pink wire to ground it? I don't have electrical test equipment, and I don't want to screw things up in there. I'm trying to get my dvd option to show the reverse camera image. J250, thanks for the pics, they will definitely help when I get to hooking up the reverse camera.
Anybody? Also, the black cord that is hardwired into the back of the unit, that has what looks like some kind of usb device; does anybody know what it does?
Old 09-16-12, 04:07 PM
xpionage2
Rookie

4LisaJean: use a spade terminal and connect the "brake" wire to the headunit's side metal bracket. I just used one of the existing screws. The black chord is supposed to connect to the factory USB harness in the center console if you have one. If you don't have a factory USB then I think you actually have to cut and modify it to work with a standard USB cable like how one of the other members described in a previous post.

Quick Reply: Found Flyaudios Manufacturer