IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Air Cleaner Cap for Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-12, 06:34 AM
rmb01
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Air Cleaner Cap for Air Intake

So, I have been on Club Lexus for a little over two weeks now and I think this is an amazing source of help and information. I came here in desperate need of an air intake system and a member on here gave me his system for free, although he told me a part was missing. Another member told me he had the entire stock system and that he would sell it to me. I paid him, he sent me the package as promised however, the Air Cleaner Cap is missing. This isn't the complete stock air intake system he promised. I will be mailing that back and I requested a refund. I paid for shipping one way. Is it wrong that I ask that he pay for the shipping back?

Now I am stuck without an air cleaner cap for my car. Does anyone happen to have a spare one they don't want? I will buy it from you.

Oh, my co-workers told me that good, honest people do not exist anymore. I proved them wrong with the help I have received from the good people on this forum. Thank you!!!

R-
Old 07-19-12, 08:43 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It may be mechanical retardation, but are you talking about the top of the intake box or the inlet to the intake?
Also, I take it that you are keeping what was sent to you and looking for the missing piece. Because you state that you're sending it back to him and yet you say you're only missing one piece.
Regardless, you can look for individual parts here:
http://is.sewellparts.com/oem-catalo...S350-2008.html
Look for your make and model before you start buying.
And one last thing. Assuming you were speaking about the top for the intake box, the reason you may not have recieved that peice is because those of us who upgrade to the f/sport intake utilize the the OEM top. For whatever reason you do want to send it back, it is not wrong of you to ask that he pay the shipping back. Just keep in mind you should always have an itemized list of what you need and are receiving.
Just take it as a learning experience regardless of how it turns out.
Old 07-19-12, 10:35 AM
rmb01
Driver School Candidate

It is the top piece of the air box that is missing, the air cleaning cap.
Old 07-19-12, 10:37 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

No, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for shipping back as well since you didn't get what was advertised. But I wouldn't make a big deal out of it.

If the missing piece isn't that expensive, I would just order from sewellparts and then ask for reimbursement if that's acceptable. Or get the free one the other member offered and buy the missing piece.
Old 07-19-12, 10:47 PM
mililani00
Pole Position

i think he used the stock cleaning cap.
Old 07-19-12, 11:59 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

never heard of a airbox cover referred to as a 'cap'