IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I know I am not the only one that parks in B.F.E for obvious reasons

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-12, 07:22 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonChang
I know it's off the topic, but didn't you get a ticket by not attaching the license plate on the front bumper? Cuz I put my plate on the dash like urs and I got a ticket for $30 when she was parked...
Yes I can get ticketed but I've only received warnings the past 2 times I got pulled over for window tint
Old 07-10-12, 07:23 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

I did get me a good up close spot at the gym today
and FTP and F mounting front plates. I shaved my plugs

This one is a older pic but this is how I park when I have to park by the sidewalk

Last edited by RDIS250AWD; 07-10-12 at 11:55 PM.
Old 07-12-12, 12:01 AM
dyongg
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
Haha you have no idea how many people need to see this picture.
Everywhere in the bay area, people just keep going up until they hit the curb with their wheels then back up a little most of the time scraping their bumper.
So sad to see this especially when it's a fellow Lexus
Old 07-12-12, 12:03 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

had to look up what BFE meant
Old 07-12-12, 12:45 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by xldTylx
Haha you have no idea how many people need to see this picture.
Everywhere in the bay area, people just keep going up until they hit the curb with their wheels then back up a little most of the time scraping their bumper.
So sad to see this especially when it's a fellow Lexus
Yes sir and everytime I let my gf drive my car I ALWAYS have to remind her how to park where to park etc etc. If i was to get any closer to the curb I would definitely lose my lip. Thats the price you pay for lowering your whip.

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
had to look up what BFE meant

LOL
Old 07-26-12, 07:40 PM
ntech
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As I spotted my perfect parking spot I saw another like minded person had the same idea. I call it the Lexus corner.

Old 07-26-12, 08:04 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Im have to call that Dotch corner LoL . Sorry but he did that to avoid other car and you pulled up rite next to him to do the same thing. Doing what you dont want people to do to you.
Old 07-26-12, 08:14 PM
Lexie350
Driver School Candidate

I steer clear of cart areas just bc I see way too many women with kids that are in a hurry just fling there carts in there and sometimes they miss and the carts just go flying
That is one of my greatest fears, along with spiders and manual labor. This is how I park my car at work:

and this is what scares the heck out of me when I walk to my car at the end of the day...

Old 07-26-12, 08:39 PM
Gplex1987
Driver

Obvious reasons being you don't want anyone parking next to you bc of
1.Door dings
2. hitting your car coming in or out
3.touching your car
4. simply lurking into your car or putting their hands on it like this fellow below

Call me a snob if you want but really I don't like anyone parking next to my car even if it is a 2IS LOL unless its someone I know of course. So I parked out in B*tt *****ing Egypt like I always do where ever I go, only to come out and see this guy lurking around my car, did a circle and casually walked away when I was coming up like I didn't even see anything. He didn't do any damage to the car. he actually left a hand print on the passenger door though which I didnt notice til I got home and unloaded stuff in my car. I know this bc I washed and waxed my car this morning.So its definitely not my hand. I know he thought it was the cool thing to do to park next to me bc we have the same car, same color etc just top show off his car but you can't at least say hi or anything if you're gonna check out my car? Every car I've owned usually when I saw someone on the road with the same car we always acknowledge each other with either a nod or honk the horn, some kind of friendly gesture or even pull over and discuss our cars and common interests etc etc. Sorry if I happen to be calling out a CL member but next time if you're gonna park next to someone else's car thats obviously trying to avoid others at least acknowledge them when they catch you lurking around their car and don't touch their car with your filthy hands thanks. PS: lose the smoked tails.

For those members that don't know me my car is the one with the LFA wheels
Im just like you bud. I am always on the go at supermarkets due to my job and I hate it when people park next to me and just sit in theyre car and wait for me to leave.

The worst is when people leave shopping carts NEXT to your car. I mean theres rails designed to put the shopping carts in right? I got into it with this lady who left her shopping cart in back of my car. She was like its just a Lexus. I told her to **** off.
Old 07-26-12, 08:42 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

since somebody had to go and revive this thread, this is how i parked at the gym
Old 07-26-12, 09:17 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

since somebody had to go and revive this thread, this is how i parked at the gym
For someone that hates to draw attention and unwanted visitors to your car, I'm surprised you double park... That's the biggest way to get some hateful attention. Good luck on the next hate crime.
Old 07-26-12, 09:30 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by heyarms
For someone that hates to draw attention and unwanted visitors to your car, I'm surprised you double park... That's the biggest way to get some hateful attention. Good luck on the next hate crime.
My gym has cameras in the lot and the parking lot is huge. I'm not worried about it. Ive double parked there for a long time now along with several BMW and Audi guys. Never had a problem thanks
Old 07-26-12, 11:01 PM
karasha
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like the Japanese proverb: 出る釘は打たれる [the nail that sticks out gets hammered down].

I take that into consideration everytime I park. I take precautions to protect my car, but I don't do things like double park. It outwardly shows you don't want anything to happen to your car and (twisted) people will prey on this.
Old 07-26-12, 11:40 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

If only fingerprints happened, you should be rejoicing. To expect your car to live an unscathed life in the city is unrealistic.
Old 07-27-12, 12:17 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
If only fingerprints happened, you should be rejoicing. To expect your car to live an unscathed life in the city is unrealistic.
Read again. Point of the story was lack between car enthusiasts or respect not damage or finger prints etc.

Quick Reply: I know I am not the only one that parks in B.F.E for obvious reasons