IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

So for you...what's next?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-12, 11:58 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

6+ years from now when my IS is so oId (I have an 07') that I NEED a new car... I'll get another Lexus
Old 06-26-12, 02:08 AM
Kitty2IS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CCJ22
I fawkin hate 4-doors. This coming from an IS250 owner. (had to get one since I moved to Florida and now friends/fam visit often)
HOWEVER I can't find a damn 2-door (nor a 4-door even) that can do/has the following:
-hacked rearview cam like I have so that the cam always stays on even when in drive
-wallet key (LS460 key reprogrammed to work on my IS)
-mirrors go down when I reverse
-rear AND front park assist
-auto leveling headlights
-heated AND cooled seats
-gauges that dance when the car turns on
-Steering wheel that adds drama when I turn car off and on (automatically greets my hands)
-touch screen nav display (not this mouse BS that all cars are going to, hate that)
-sunroof
-memory seats w/ contrast white stitching on black leather

Introduce me to a vehicle that has ALL of the above and I'll trade my car in. Believe me, I don't want to like my car. I've tried to get out of my car and even privately sold it then bought it back. I can't find one car that could replace everything that my IS does/has.
I really love the way G37 coupes and CTS-V's look. But they're missing stuff on my above list.
Sucks cause I want more power but won't sacrifice Convenience to get the power I want. Not when I never go to the track and only drive on public roads. Doesn't make sense. So the only car I'll get next is a IS-F
completely agree, i love infinit and bmw exterior, but they don't seem to offer the luxury interior features you mentioned above..

Last edited by Kitty2IS; 06-26-12 at 02:12 AM.
Old 06-26-12, 02:09 AM
Kitty2IS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by brociouz
Very timely thread for me as I plan to return my car to stock over the coming months in anticipation of a trade-in. I have just started considering what my next car will be, but on my working list is:
  1. Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG Coupe
  2. BMW M3 Coupe
  3. Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
  4. Lexus IS-F
  5. Lexus 4GS F-Sport
  6. Nissan GT-R

I test drove the 4GS a couple of times again this weekend. I LOVE the way it handles and the technology inside (especially that 800+ watt Mark Levinson sound system, OMG), but I still think it's too "old" of a car for me. I think if Lexus made a GS-F Coupe that would be my ideal car as I would like to stay in the Lexus family.
that is a dream list for me! great taste
Old 06-26-12, 03:02 AM
Phresh2010
Instructor

Received 126 Likes on 46 Posts

After owning the IS and having appreciated all that it offers my next car(hopefully within this year or the next) would definitely be an IS-F, I love the style and look of the car but since I have an Is250 I need more power. Some of my friends have 3 series, audis, C class, etc, and although they are nice cars I prefer the styling of the 2IS more and its reliability. Considered the IS350 but if I am gonna upgrade, I might as well go all the way
Old 06-26-12, 04:30 AM
ronricorum
Pole Position

this is a BIG IF for me, but if i do manage to become a Warrant officer in the Army (currently an E-5 in the Navy) i'm definitely getting an IS-F. i love all the is250 gives me, but i just want that power!

IF i do get that, i'd sell both my IS250 and my SC300. No need to separate power and luxury. but i do like having one 4 door luxury and one 2 door power.
Old 06-26-12, 05:43 AM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Phresh2010
After owning the IS and having appreciated all that it offers my next car(hopefully within this year or the next) would definitely be an IS-F, I love the style and look of the car but since I have an Is250 I need more power. Some of my friends have 3 series, audis, C class, etc, and although they are nice cars I prefer the styling of the 2IS more and its reliability. Considered the IS350 but if I am gonna upgrade, I might as well go all the way
You would like the IS 350 but you would LOVE the ISF, atleast until its time to replace the breaks at 30K miles. Then your face begins to look like this because of the price. Best bet for me, buy used!!!
Old 06-26-12, 05:57 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by smokyis350
I don't think I will ever buy a Lexus in my life again. It isn't really that reliable like everyone portrays it as. The IS350 also got to be one of the most boring cars I have driven also. Furthermore, the aftermarket community is very slim compared to BMW, Mercedes, Audi. Only thing I love about Lexus compared to Mercedes, BMW, Audi is the customer service. Lexus has one of the best customer service IMO.
I assume you're one of the very rare ones that had small troubles? You cant deny that Lexus is known for reliability and wins awards on it, but it's understandable if you got a bad one to never come back, that's how i would feel too.

I fawkin hate 4-doors. This coming from an IS250 owner. (had to get one since I moved to Florida and now friends/fam visit often)
HOWEVER I can't find a damn 2-door (nor a 4-door even) that can do/has the following:
-hacked rearview cam like I have so that the cam always stays on even when in drive
-heated AND cooled seats
-Steering wheel that adds drama when I turn car off and on (automatically greets my hands)
-touch screen nav display (not this mouse BS that all cars are going to, hate that)
-sunroof

Introduce me to a vehicle that has ALL of the above and I'll trade my car in. Believe me, I don't want to like my car. I've tried to get out of my car and even privately sold it then bought it back. I can't find one car that could replace everything that my IS does/has.
I really love the way G37 coupes and CTS-V's look. But they're missing stuff on my above list.
Sucks cause I want more power but won't sacrifice Convenience to get the power I want. Not when I never go to the track and only drive on public roads. Doesn't make sense. So the only car I'll get next is a IS-F
I dont normally agree with things you say () but i have to agree with this... Every other car I've sat in, just doesnt do it for me... Andddd that's why my car began eating up money on mods starting back in October!
Old 06-26-12, 06:27 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

In about 3 years when mine is old I'll definitely looking at either:
1. IS-F
2. Porsche Panamera
3. Lexus GS
Old 06-26-12, 07:45 AM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm in the market for an ISF as we speak...
Old 06-26-12, 07:54 AM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by heyarms

I dont normally agree with things you say () but i have to agree with this... Every other car I've sat in, just doesnt do it for me... Andddd that's why my car began eating up money on mods starting back in October!
I love u too
Old 06-26-12, 08:23 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chevy Malibu.

I'm over the luxury. Time to buy a house.
Old 06-26-12, 08:33 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

-heated AND cooled seats
-sunroof

These are a lot of the same reasons I have an IS! I really wanted a coupe, and drove a G37 and a 335 coupe. I really liked them, but I wasn't willing to give up the comfort and convenience features I want.

What makes it even harder for me, is that I can't have an IS-F, either. I need all wheel drive in the winter (Colorado). Either that or a dedicated winter car/truck.

I guess I just need a bigger garage!

Last edited by User 41924; 06-26-12 at 08:37 AM.
Old 06-26-12, 08:56 AM
Rookie

G37s 6mt droptop is what im looking to get next gonna keep my 2is though best of both worlds europeans car are amazing but the repairs and maintence kills jdm for life.
Old 06-26-12, 11:27 AM
meefer
Lead Lap

Since my IS250 seems invincible as it enters 115K+ miles (one dead battery is the only time it's left me stranded), I'm in the extremely fortunate position to consider a second car. I'll be taking some "flash" out of the IS250 over the next year or so. My list was gigantic but I think it's down to:

2008 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster
2013 Jaguar F-type
Acura NSX-T
2010 Tesla Roadster
MB SLK55
Nissan GT-R
Old 06-26-12, 11:47 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I need to know what stocks all you guys going from $35,000 cars to $100,000 cars have been buying

Quick Reply: So for you...what's next?