IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

It Was Nice Knowing You Guys!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-12, 09:10 AM
PetesSweet
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It Was Nice Knowing You Guys!

Well I finally got around to trading in my 2008 IS250 AWD for a new car. Sadly it was not a Lexus as Lexus of Bellevue would either not give me the time of day (stood for 2hours around the vehicles I wanted to see) or they would **** me around trying to get me in a 2013 model or 2012 model and lease it with very little as trade in value for my car. So...out of my suprise I ended up with this baby. I had no idea they came out only 2-3 weeks ago and they are being hailed as the next Supra or Nissan 240z....it sure is a beaut! For only (corrected!)461 per month with 0 down I say it was practically a steal over the 350/month (for 7yrs I tell ya) for the Lexus IS250 I had.

Anyways it was great being apart of the forums and maybe someday I'll nab a LS460 in addition or a ISF :-D Cya Guys around!
Attached Thumbnails It Was Nice Knowing You Guys!-img_5715.jpg   It Was Nice Knowing You Guys!-img_5716.jpg   It Was Nice Knowing You Guys!-img_5719.jpg   It Was Nice Knowing You Guys!-img_5722.jpg  

Last edited by PetesSweet; 06-07-12 at 09:43 AM.
Old 06-07-12, 09:16 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Hmm... You're paying more a month for a hyundai then you do for the Lexus? And the Genesis coupe has been out for quite some time now. 2-3 weeks? Did they do a facelift on it recently or what makes this car a recent debut....?

I dont follow some logic and things stated, but good luck with the new car!
Old 06-07-12, 09:18 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If Lexus of Bellevue was being a PIA... could you gone to Lexus of Seattle or Lexus of Tacoma?
Old 06-07-12, 09:19 AM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

I'll never follow the logic of people thinking they're gonna get a good deal on trading in their current car
Old 06-07-12, 09:20 AM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Sango
If Lexus of Bellevue was being a PIA... could you gone to Lexus of Seattle or Lexus of Tacoma?
was gonna be my next mention....mad at an entire company because of stopping at one bad shop??
Old 06-07-12, 09:33 AM
PetesSweet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MikeyK02
was gonna be my next mention....mad at an entire company because of stopping at one bad shop??
Not mad at entire company, to go more in depth non of the dealers could get what I want for around what I was shooting for which was an ISF or LS460 in a 2009 or newer model.

Secondly the more per month is for a 5yr newer near fully loaded vehicle that I enjoy and now has 350hp and goes 0-60 in 5 seconds

http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows...genesis_coupe/

We were intrigued when the Hyundai Genesis Coupe -- Hyundai's first foray into the rear-drive sports coupe market - hit the streets. Could the plucky Korean upstart really take on the established ponycar heavyweights? Turns out, the answer was yes.

Back in 2010, we pitted the Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track against V-6 powered versions of the Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger. The Genesis Coupe came in first thanks to "driver-focused sensations from behind the wheel" that made it "the only one that felt like a genuine sports car." Now, with more power and a host of other upgrades, the new 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe on display at the 2012 Detroit auto show is poised to once again take on the big boys in the segment.

Under the hood, the 2013 Genesis Coupe's engines have been heavily revised to deliver significantly more horsepower and torque and -- you guessed it -- improved fuel efficiency to boot. The 2.0-liter turbocharged mill was fitted with a new twin-scroll turbocharger and larger, more efficient intercooler that helps boost output to 274 horsepower and 275 lb-ft of torque -- up 64 and 52 respectively over the outgoing engine. The turbo retains port fuel injection instead of the direct-injection system on the Sonata turbo in an effort to make the model more "tuner-friendly," although Hyundai representatives point out that tuning may void the warranty. So tune at your own risk.

The biggest news for the 3.8-liter V-6 is the addition of direct injection, which helps increase power by 42 horsepower and 29 lb-ft of torque to new peaks of 348 and 295 respectively on premium fuel. Thanks to knock sensors, both engines are able to run on regular unleaded, albeit with a small power deficit.

Hyundai claims the increased power will help the Genesis Coupe 3.8 reach 60 mph in the low 5-second range on to a top speed of 149 mph, with a power-to-weight ratio of 10 pounds per horsepower -- better than the pricier Infiniti G37 Coupe and BMW 335i Coupe. The Genesis Coupe 2.0T's power surge lowers its power-to-ratio to 12.3 pounds per horsepower, besting the Honda Civic Si Coupe and upcoming Scion FR-S. Although no 0-60 mph estimates were given, thanks to its generous 30 percent increase in power, it's safe to assume it will easily best the outgoing car's mid-to-high-6-second times.

R-Spec and Track models come with a Torsen limited-slip differential, and all models come with dual exhaust. V-6 powered Coupes have a 56:44 front-to-rear weight balance, while the turbo four-cylinder cars have a slightly better 55:45 ratio.

Both engines can be mated to either a carryover six-speed manual or Hyundai's all-new eight-speed automatic, which has been spidering its way through the automaker's lineup. The new automatic comes with Hyundai's Shiftronic manual-shifting capability, controlled by steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters. Hyundai didn't forget about the shift-it-yourself crowd, either. It says the manual transmission has been refined for a more rewarding driving experience through better shift gating and balanced shifter weighting designed to improve clutch take-up, feel, and engagement.

While the power gains are big, the MPG jumps are small. The new eight-speed helps improve the 2.0-liter's highway fuel mileage by 1 mpg to 31 mpg. The 3.8-liter-equipped cars are up 1 mpg in the city to 18 mpg regardless of transmission, with highway mileage also up 1 mpg for the automatic at 28 mpg and the manual at 27 mpg.

Underpinning it all is a body shell that uses generous amounts of ultra-high-tensile steel and a retuned suspension designed to better harness the 2013 Genesis Coupe's newfound power. The front MacPherson strut dual-link suspension is mounted to the body via a solid subframe Hyundai says is lighter and stronger than a comparable multi-piece unit. Rear suspension is a five-link setup. Hyundai chassis engineers retuned spring, damper, and bushing ratings to, as they put it, "match the new powertrains with better road feel, more precise body motion control, and improved ride comfort." The stiffer body shell and retuned suspension allow the standard Genesis Coupe to use a 1-mm smaller front stabilizer bar, now at 23 mm in diameter. The rear stabilizer bar remains at 19 mm diameter.

Genesis Coupe R-Spec and Track models continue to offer a more driver-focused handling experience. In addition to the Torsen limited-slip differential, both models feature firmer spring rates of 7 percent for the front and 11 percent for the rear. Damper rates have been matched to the springs. Larger stabilizer bars at 24 mm front and 20 mm rear were added to help keep the car flatter in the corners. The front bar for the 2013 model is also 1 mm smaller than that of the current car. All R-Spec and Track models come with front strut camber adjustment bolts, previously a $30 port-installed option on all but the 2.0T R-Spec.

Braking systems are carryover from the current car, with base models using 12.6-inch front and 12.4-inch rear rotors with floating single-piston calipers. R-Spec and Track models get Brembo four-piston calipers that clamp down on larger 13.4-inch front and 13-inch rear ventilated rotors. Four-channel ABS with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist are standard across the board.

The 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe also comes with a heaping helping of automaker's safety technologies. Most notably, 2013 models get a new three-stage driver-selectable Electronic Stability Control (ESC). Upon startup, ESC is on in force. The intermediate setting gives the driver control over the powertrain, but the computer retains control of ESC and TCS braking function. The full-off setting doesn't intrude on driver inputs for track day fun. ABS systems are not affected.

In the sheetmetal department, the 2013 Genesis Coupe's exterior gains several of the polarizing love-it-or-hate-it design cues of its Veloster and Elantra stablemates. The more aggressive front clip includes a new bumper, grille, hood, headlights, and foglights. The larger, more aggressive bumper is said to increase engine breathing. Hyundai says the hood features heat extractor cues, and when we see the car in person, we'll know if those cues are functional or purely cosmetic, like the similar ones on the base Veloster. LED daytime running lights are also new and HID headlights are available. Around back, LED taillights are new and dual exhaust tips peek out of the blacked-out rear diffuser panel. The car's signature Z-shaped bodyside character line remains and flows quite well into the new front end. Wheel styles are more aggressive but remain in 18- and 19-inch sizes.

Hyundai has added seven new exterior colors, all named for world-famous racing circuits or their most challenging track segments. They are Parabolica Blue, Catalunya Copper, Monaco White, Becketts Black, Circuit Silver, Gran Premio Gray, and Shoreline Drive Blue.

The upgraded interior gains new interior color choices including tan leather, a red leather bolstered/red cloth insert, and a gray leather bolstered/gray cloth insert. Current interior colors and materials are still available. There's stitched-seam detailing on the dash, and leather-equipped cars come with a leather-wrapped parking brake lever. Interior surfaces have been upgraded with soft-touch materials.

Electroluminescent gauges are new and easier to read, and the new center stack gauge cluster has three gauges: instant mpg, oil temperature, and torque level for 3.8 models, or boost pressure for 2.0T models. Hyundai says access to the rear seat from the driver's side is now easier. Driver's seat power lumbar is now available, and both front seats can be had with dual-stage seat heaters. A mini jack and USB port are standard, and an Infinity premium audio system is available. Steering wheel controls can operate an iPod connected to the USB port. Hyundai Blue Link is available on 3.8 Grand Touring, 3.8 Track, and 2.0T Premium models, and is free for 90 days.

The updates to the 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe promise even more performance and refinement from an already capable car, and we're eager to get our hands on one soon for a full evaluation to see how the changes translate from paper to the pavement.
Old 06-07-12, 09:36 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

There are some slimeballs at Lexus of Bellevue from what I have heard.
Old 06-07-12, 09:38 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

$0 down + $561/mo seems like a great deal... until you realize how upside-down you are on your trade-in. ($350/mo over 84 months? yikes!). no wonder your local lexus dealership didn't give you a dime for your trade in. (and to think, you were trying to get in on an IS-F or LS460...)

sorry to say, but you didn't come up on the deal. but hey, you've got that new car smell again!
Old 06-07-12, 09:38 AM
PetesSweet
Pole Position

btw my lexus was worth less than I owed thanks to being 2-boned on new years eve (if anyone remembers) so the value shot down a lot as when I first got it KBB was around 28k, at time of trade KBB had it at 20k due to accident. For a 2008 IS250AWD with 29k miles...that's a bit of a blow to the ego.
Old 06-07-12, 09:39 AM
PetesSweet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by projectdna
$0 down + $561/mo seems like a great deal... until you realize how upside-down you are on your trade-in. ($350/mo over 84 months? yikes!). no wonder your local lexus dealership didn't give you a dime for your trade in.

sorry to say, but you didn't come up on the deal. but hey, you've got that new car smell again!
Did I say 561? my bad I meant 461! lol it's only 111 more than what I paid for on the Lexus
Old 06-07-12, 09:43 AM
p0lo8
Pole Position

From lexus to hyundai?

But i have to admit these cars are pretty nice if you are looking for a coupe. For the price you pay, the materials inside feel really good. No more cheap interior like in old Tiburons.

Personally, I would never buy a Hyundai. As for most people here brand name means a lot for me, but I wish it wouldn't. I would save a lot on clothes and other stuff

Last edited by p0lo8; 06-07-12 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-07-12, 09:49 AM
PetesSweet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by p0lo8
From lexus to hyundai?

But i have to admit these cars are pretty nice if you are looking for a coupe. For the price you pay, the materials inside feel really good. No more cheap interior like in old Tiburons.

But, personally, I would never buy a Hyundai. As for most people here brand name means a lot for me, but I wish it wouldn't. I would save a lot on clothes and other stuff
Well thing is I really like the 2010 LS460 and I'll surely get one, once they are for 35k or less. I have a car accident settlement we are working on which I assume to be between 15-30k
then I'm also sueing for a defamation/slander against a previous client and will likely get a chunky settlement there as it cost me one of my previous jobs as well as what she did was fraud.
Old 06-07-12, 09:52 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by PetesSweet
Did I say 561? my bad I meant 461! lol it's only 111 more than what I paid for on the Lexus
numbers are numbers. the fact that you still owed money on your 2is (again, $350/mo over 84 months) meant that it effectively reduced any value it had. that's why your local hyundai dealership did a $0 down deal - because your trade-in was worth that much.

asking your local lexus dealership to give you market value for your 2is when it had little to no trade-in value (see above) is asking the dealership to lose money on this deal. and your claim that you were looking to trade up to cars up in the $45k+ territory tells me that they were in right to turn you away. after all, you held onto an unrealistic expectation that you've somehow fooled yourself into believing.

but if you think you came up on the deal, congratulations, and enjoy your new purchase... for however long your loan term is.
Old 06-07-12, 09:54 AM
PetesSweet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by p0lo8
From lexus to hyundai?

Personally, I would never buy a Hyundai. As for most people here brand name means a lot for me, but I wish it wouldn't. I would save a lot on clothes and other stuff
I know, I still can't believe I made the swap, but because many lexus dealerships don't haggle their prices,

my original interests before my coworker told me to at least check out Hyundai were:
2010+ LS460
2009+ ISF
2009+ Infiniti G37x coupe
2009+ Infiniti FX50
Old 06-07-12, 09:58 AM
PetesSweet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by projectdna
numbers are numbers. the fact that you still owed money on your 2is (again, $350/mo over 84 months) meant that it effectively reduced any value it had. that's why your local hyundai dealership did a $0 down deal - because your trade-in was worth that much.

asking your local lexus dealership to give you market value for your 2is when it had little to no trade-in value (see above) is asking the dealership to lose money on this deal. and your claim that you were looking to trade up to cars up in the $45k+ territory tells me that they were in right to turn you away. after all, you held onto an unrealistic expectation that you've somehow fooled yourself into believing.

but if you think you came up on the deal, congratulations, and enjoy your new purchase... for however long your loan term is.
7yrs at 461/month with 0 down. That was the deal on the hyundai

and yes 45k+ territory and was trying to get one for around 35k

Quick Reply: It Was Nice Knowing You Guys!