Fox Marketing's SEMA Cars

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-12, 07:40 PM
FoxCars
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
I second this.
Not our job to roll out products guys, we give to manufacture to R&D and it's there jobs to make the parts. We do not manufacture parts, we put the cars into the aftermarket and it is THEIR job to bring to market. We are just car lovers and want others to make parts so we all can modify our vehicles also. But, beyond that it is about getting others into a Lexus who have never driven one. As we know, nothing bests the quality of a Lexus vehicle. Little things do not brake!!! All we can do is keep trying, and keep picking up the phone to get manufactures to make parts. It is much better now in the aftermarket with choices. But, with the economy it is all about price and people just do not want to pay for quality these days, period.
Old 10-04-12, 06:54 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by FoxCars
Not our job to roll out products guys.
Which is odd because back in 2009 when you and Javed took an LMS supercharger kit, changed a couple of pipes, and called it "your own design" you told us it'd be on the market by end of January 2010

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/5027247-post322.html

almost 3 years later of course, and nothing.
Old 10-05-12, 09:12 AM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
Which is odd because back in 2009 when you and Javed took an LMS supercharger kit, changed a couple of pipes, and called it "your own design" you told us it'd be on the market by end of January 2010

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/5027247-post322.html

almost 3 years later of course, and nothing.
In their defense, I think at that time they were using turbochargers.com, whom never delivered on a lot of their promises. Turbochargers.com did the work on Fox's cars and then that was it, besides the Vegas UB twin turbo IS-F, although they've done a lot of different vehicles, Lexus just wasn't their taste.
I remember checking on someones car from the forum that wanted the kit installed on their IS350 and it was shipped to Houston taken apart but the product never made it to its final stage.
I may be wrong but I think it may be accurate account of what happened to that kit since they don't actually produce the kits themselves, but are chosen as means of getting the vehicles company attention and promoting aftermarket products to the world.

If I'm wrong, ignore my words only Fox can confirm...
Old 10-05-12, 09:53 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 350PsDMeuP
In their defense, I think at that time they were using turbochargers.com, whom never delivered on a lot of their promises. Turbochargers.com did the work on Fox's cars and then that was it, besides the Vegas UB twin turbo IS-F, although they've done a lot of different vehicles, Lexus just wasn't their taste.
I remember checking on someones car from the forum that wanted the kit installed on their IS350 and it was shipped to Houston taken apart but the product never made it to its final stage.
I may be wrong but I think it may be accurate account of what happened to that kit since they don't actually produce the kits themselves, but are chosen as means of getting the vehicles company attention and promoting aftermarket products to the world.

You're wrong

All the supercharger stuff happened after the turbochargers.com stuff.

In fact it was the turbochargers business that prompted Foxmarketing to announce he was tired of others failures and was going to develop his "own" kit with Javed.

So they took an exiting LMS kit, changed a couple parts, showed it as "their" kit at SEMA, promised production kits would be out soon, then vanished for ~3 years until this recent post.
Old 10-05-12, 10:14 AM
SatxIS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should have never hyped it up until they had a working product...a lot of upset ISx50 owners. But had the project been a success only a handful of owners would have purchased the kit anyways. As its been stated previously, everyone wants boost, but nobody wants to drop the cash for it. We're just the unlucky bunch who can't just head over to autozone and make power here and there....it is what it is..
Old 10-05-12, 10:34 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 350PsDMeuP

allow me to clarify...

the IS350 you're referring to is a privately-owned IS350 that was brought to turbochargers.com for a one-off turbo kit but nothing ever came of that. said privately-owned IS350 has nothing to do with the Fox Marketing IS convertible or IS-F.

as far as the real story behind the Fox Marketing supercharged IS convertible, Kurtz covered that already.
Old 10-05-12, 12:53 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hurt to watch that video.....