IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Someone hit and ran on my fairly new starfire pearl IS...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-12, 09:37 PM
Hipp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone hit and ran on my fairly new starfire pearl IS...

So like the title states the other night I was out with some friends and like always I park my car away from everyone because of reasons like this, and I come out to find my rear bumper smashed in on the drivers side rear on the corner by the exhaust. Now I'm an absolute freak about my cars and I prided myself on just how clean and perfect this car was. No dings, no dents, no scratches nothing, now this..
Now, all I've ever heard is just how hard this color is to match, and that its going to be super expensive to get it painted. I went to my insurance and well they first told me I've got a $1000.00 deductible and that the car wont even cost that much to fix, and it would be wise to just pay out of pocket. So my question to everyone on here is, does anyone know where I could find a starfire pearl 2008 ISx50 rear bumper cover thats already painted, or does anyone know of any starfire pearl parts cars that have a rear bumper. as long as its already painted, I dont really care if it has minor scratches or anything. but finding one already painted is going to be my best bet to get something matched as close to the original color as I can get without spending a ton of money..
Any input on this would be GREATLY appreciated, as I want to get this fixed ASAP.. This is just killing me to see the car banged up..
Old 04-30-12, 09:43 PM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry to hear this. You can order it from Sewell, painted for around 600 bucks.

http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...S250-2008.html
Old 04-30-12, 09:43 PM
ZeroSeVen
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about this unfortunate event.

Your best bet is your local junk/ salvage yard and check if they have any Lexus ISx50 with an intact rear bumper.

If you didn't find any a well experienced body shop can probably fix your bumper and color match it for you. I imagine it'll probably cost you around $600.

Good luck.
Old 04-30-12, 09:53 PM
Hipp
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the help guys, I'm going to head out tomorrow in search of a good shop around here. I honestly dont think my bumper is going to be repairable, but who knows maybe they will be able to fix it. I'm expecting that its going to need replaced so I figured I'd check with you guys and see if anyone knew of anyone selling this color bumper already for a decent price, if I cant find one in the next couple days then I will just order a brand new one.. that sewell site looks like its going to be my best bet if I have to replace. Thanks again for the info
Old 04-30-12, 09:57 PM
p0lo8
Pole Position

I would get a brand new painted bumper from sewell. Body shops will charge you the same or more. Don't forget to use CL discount!
Old 04-30-12, 10:03 PM
Hipp
Driver School Candidate

How do you go about using the CL discount, how much of a discount is it usually.
Old 04-30-12, 10:09 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Dang that sucks. I feel your pain before I traded in my 2008 Ashton Martin vantage it got hit at Bennie Hana's by a older couple . I saw it as iwas walking out and they looked out the window of their car then burned off fast as they could lol. I just used my uninsured motorist coverage . Cost me a 200 buck deductible but the body took a loss on the 200 so I didn't pay anything out of pocket which was cool.

If you got insurance you will be fine. A hit and run won't count against you or increase your premium 1 cent
Old 04-30-12, 10:12 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

What you described is not comprehensive or collision it's a uninsured motorist accident and the max decductible for that should be 250 no matter who you have for insurance . That coverage if state law and comes with minimum liability. Make a hit and run police report and you are good. Don't let the insurance company get over on you bro
Old 04-30-12, 10:15 PM
ZeroSeVen
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hipp
How do you go about using the CL discount, how much of a discount is it usually.
Here's their website

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/

Register with your CL email and password. Once your done registering you'll be able to see discount pricing of each item in stock. Please take note that not all items has CL discount.
Old 04-30-12, 10:30 PM
Hipp
Driver School Candidate

awesome info guys, really, this is going to help a bunch. I registered with sewell and the prices are much better.. As for stasis I'm actually going to give that a shot because I thought it sounded a bit crazy when I called them today and said someone had hit my car and they told me what they did. Knowledge is everything in a situation like this, the more you know the better off I'm going to make out.. You guys have made a ****ty situation into a hopeful one.. so thanks again!
Old 04-30-12, 10:33 PM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Good luck with the fix.

Let us know how the color match is. They claim it is pretty darn good.
Old 04-30-12, 10:37 PM
sw2oboi
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Getting pre-painted bumper from sewell will color match. Only way is to have your car blended.
Old 04-30-12, 10:39 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

No problem hipp plenty of people have helped me so I just want to return the favor and especially save a fellow member some money. In any state a hit and run is covered by insurance and you don't even need full coverage for that just liability . I dated a insurance adjuster for geico before I was married so I learned alot lol .
Good luck and let us know how you make out
Old 04-30-12, 11:01 PM
Hipp
Driver School Candidate

figured I'd put a picture to the face, so heres my IS and there is the damage, not huge, but wow does it bother me and has it made me mad...
Attached Thumbnails Someone hit and ran on my fairly new starfire pearl IS...-110.jpg   Someone hit and ran on my fairly new starfire pearl IS...-rear-lexus-damage.jpg  
Old 04-30-12, 11:35 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

That's not to bad. And if you get a rear lip it probably would cover it right up. But I assume that's about 300-600 worth of damage depending ig the bumper is replaced which it probably won't be.

Quick Reply: Someone hit and ran on my fairly new starfire pearl IS...