IS x50's VS x50 F-Sports?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-12, 10:15 AM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS x50's VS x50 F-Sports?

Bonjour mon ami's,

After reviewing a post about fake badges on vehicles I began to think what are the actual time differences on the track 1/4 mile and 0-60 times actual owners have tested them selves while driving. Please no I heard stories, and just what you have actual seen or done. To keep this as a great reference for all.

IS 250 =
IS 250 RWD =
IS 250 F-Sport =

IS 350 =
IS 350 F-Sport =
Old 04-13-12, 10:18 AM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

its the same thing. The fsport may be fractions of a mili seconds faster if its equipped with an exhaust and intake.
Old 04-13-12, 10:25 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

my guess is, there won't be.
Old 04-13-12, 10:28 AM
BrooklynNY
Rookie

yeah i was under the impression F-Sport had more to do with a few interior things, wheels, and mostly suspension and handling. Now the IS-F is obviously completely different.

It's just like a 335i M Sport.. no faster really than a regular 335i , just has better suspension, handling and special wheels.
Old 04-13-12, 10:30 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

i don't think the f-sport editions handles any differently than non-f-sport editions, unless said f-sport edition actually has f-sport equipment (read: f-sport springs, shocks, sway bars, etc.).
Old 04-13-12, 10:36 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
its the same thing. The fsport may be fractions of a mili seconds faster if its equipped with an exhaust and intake.
True story. Pretty much worthless numbers you're asking for to compare. They would all simply be based on the driver and the conditions where driven.
Old 04-13-12, 10:36 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its mostly interior and exterior looks that change but also I beleive they have the same suspension as the xpackage from years prior which is slightly lower than stock and should increase handeling ever so slightly.
Old 04-13-12, 10:51 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fsport package is only aesthetics, unless ofcourse it comes with an fsport exhaust / intake / etc... and even then, those things arent part of any Fsport package, if they are installed on the car, you are being charged on top of the fsport package premium.
Old 04-13-12, 11:07 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

The F-sport package contains no actual F-sport performance parts. It's very poorly named.

0-60 and 1/4 mile times should be exactly the same as any 06-10 model with the sport package, since that's the same suspension the F-sport cars get (they do NOT come with F-sport suspension parts on em).

It's possible there's a very slight weight difference between the two based on the seats being slightly different, but nothing that's likely to make a measurable difference... I suppose there might be a slight weight difference in the wheels since they're slightly different design too, but again I doubt it's significant.
Old 04-13-12, 12:25 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
The F-sport package contains no actual F-sport performance parts. It's very poorly named.

0-60 and 1/4 mile times should be exactly the same as any 06-10 model with the sport package, since that's the same suspension the F-sport cars get (they do NOT come with F-sport suspension parts on em).

It's possible there's a very slight weight difference between the two based on the seats being slightly different, but nothing that's likely to make a measurable difference... I suppose there might be a slight weight difference in the wheels since they're slightly different design too, but again I doubt it's significant.
drives me nuts. confuses all my guests and I have to explain the difference between factory F-Sport and the "aftermarket" F-Sport
Old 04-13-12, 03:58 PM
yoegster
Driver

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
drives me nuts. confuses all my guests and I have to explain the difference between factory F-Sport and the "aftermarket" F-Sport
Agree. I opted to buy a 350 and F-Sport how I want. The Factory F-Sport is ALL cosmetic. except for maybe slightly lighter wheels. Seats (I wanted all leather) headliner (I did like the all black), front and other small stuff. Actually it's a bit bizarre that the things that might improve the handling or performance (intake, exhaust, springs, bars) are all aftermarket.

I must confess however, that after adding an F-Sport Intake, Exhaust, Wheels and Grille I decided to add the white F-Sport badges. I like how they look and think I have change the stock car and dropped enough money to wear the F-Sport Badge.
Old 04-13-12, 04:00 PM
Hoac
Pole Position

Go F sport just cause!
Old 04-13-12, 04:06 PM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really don't think the fsport version is faster. Like others here said, its mostly for looks and IMO bragging rights haha... One thing I don't like about the new fsport IS' is that they don't have memory seats sometimes I let my girlfriend drive my car, and since she's so short all my seat and mirror adjustments are gone but can be recovered with just a push of a button
Old 04-13-12, 04:34 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

I think the only difference aside from all the aesthetics is the suspension and the steering. I used to have an 08 IS250 and the handling and feel of the car is different. Suspension is much stiffer and you have more feeling on the steering than on my regular 08. I do believe it also stands a bit lower in the back and a little more in the front (not a huge difference from the regular) but I kinda see the difference in the stance when parked compared to non F-Sports.

You might not see a noticeable difference in a straight line 1/4 mile but I think there would be a difference in a road course with some twisties where handling can make a difference

Plus it looks bad *** and the interior is awesome!
Old 04-13-12, 04:56 PM
TopGearLA
Rookie

I love the ABSOLUTE opinions lol but where it is TRUE that there are no actual F-sport performance parts as many have said, there ARE the sports package parts i.e sunspension and springs. So not all esthetics.

Also as some have mentioned these sport springs are actually better than the "f-sport" springs you can buy since they are progressive, albeit sit a tad higher. That being said I don't think there will be much if any difference in performance numbers beyond slaloms. Also who care's if people put f-sport badges on their ISx50s. People were doing that when just the parts were out and not the package.

I will say I added, the steering damper and actual f sport rear sway to my IS350 and it is just ideal. I live in LA where the road can be awful here and there and I dont notice any difference with comfort.

Quick Reply: IS x50's VS x50 F-Sports?