Old 09-05-13, 06:46 AM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

What are the plugs, Laser Iridiums?
Old 09-05-13, 08:05 AM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just had my 30K done at dealer. Paid full price, sorry I don't have time to do my own and wanted to get my replacement headlights ordered as well. They did all the stuff you guys said plus changed the rear differential fluid and wiper inserts checked out the operation of the retractable top. They gave me a loaner, 12 MRM IS350 F-sport. The service guy also told me I didnt have to come back to the dealer as he would deliver my car to my home when he got off work. He told me next time I need service he will pick up my car and leave me a loaner then return that night when done. I'm ok with that kind of service and will keep having peace of mind that if any thing goes wrong I have a good working relationship with my dealer.
Jeff
Old 09-05-13, 08:12 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

I did the full 60k service myself at 52k: engine oil and filter, air filter, cabin filter, brake bleed, differential fluid, spark plugs. Less than $150 in parts
Old 09-05-13, 10:47 AM
neomedic
Pole Position

Is changing the differential fluid needed?? I don't recall seeing that on the scheduled maintenance list?

Thanks.
Old 09-05-13, 10:52 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jgr7
Just had my 30K done at dealer. Paid full price, sorry I don't have time to do my own and wanted to get my replacement headlights ordered as well. They did all the stuff you guys said plus changed the rear differential fluid and wiper inserts checked out the operation of the retractable top. They gave me a loaner, 12 MRM IS350 F-sport. The service guy also told me I didnt have to come back to the dealer as he would deliver my car to my home when he got off work. He told me next time I need service he will pick up my car and leave me a loaner then return that night when done. I'm ok with that kind of service and will keep having peace of mind that if any thing goes wrong I have a good working relationship with my dealer.
Jeff
How much did they charge you?
Old 09-05-13, 11:05 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bob4256
Should have been "regular" price. If you have a new car or CPO they'll do that for you when you purchase a xxK Service. The only deal is, it MUST be the Service. Think same rules as Lexus Roadside Assistance. Great to have when you need it.
Old 09-05-13, 11:15 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UniSlayEX
Should have been "regular" price. If you have a new car or CPO they'll do that for you when you purchase a xxK Service. The only deal is, it MUST be the Service. Think same rules as Lexus Roadside Assistance. Great to have when you need it.
Whats the "regular" price?

I got very different quotes from 2 dealers when I was approaching 30k
Old 09-05-13, 11:42 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by neomedic
Is changing the differential fluid needed?? I don't recall seeing that on the scheduled maintenance list?

Thanks.
IS350 doesnt call for a differential fluid change but its ridiculously easy to do
Old 09-05-13, 11:00 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Just shy of $800. The differential fluid in the service manual said to check at 30k but they said they change it so I was ok with that.
Old 09-06-13, 04:58 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Just shy of $800. The differential fluid in the service manual said to check at 30k but they said they change it so I was ok with that.
$800 for 30K serivce??????

You must have money to blow man. Oil change + cabin/engine filter + brake fluid + differential fluid for $800.....You got penetrated by your dealer, HARD

I dont even want to imagine the bs price they are going to give you for 60K when spark plugs are involved
Old 09-06-13, 07:29 AM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

You must have money to blow man. Oil change + cabin/engine filter + brake fluid + differential fluid for $800.....You got penetrated by your dealer, HARD

I dont even want to imagine the bs price they are going to give you for 60K when spark plugs are involved
got wiper inserts also
Old 09-06-13, 09:52 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

+1 on this. Takes about 30 minutes assuming the car is already on a lift/jack stands. I did mine at 50K and again at 100K

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
IS350 doesnt call for a differential fluid change but its ridiculously easy to do
Old 09-06-13, 10:07 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Jeff
Jeff, what dealer do you go to around here? just curious.
Old 09-06-13, 02:35 PM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whats the "regular" price?

I got very different quotes from 2 dealers when I was approaching 30k
Ha "regular" means whatever the dealer wants to charge you.

Thats ridiculous... Look, I don't want to do my own service as much as the next guy - I actually choose to go to the Dealership Service Center because there are some garuntees we get by using them - So I'm not going to say you did wrong, but you sure as hell didnt play it smart. My 30k Maintenance was probably around $160 after everything... and thats at the dealership! Granted, cabin filter / air filter cleaning (F-Sport) I do myself, but that engine business I leave to someone else. I got -ish to do.

It is probably best that you look at your service manual and ask for the services NEEDED specifically. I purchase parts online, show up and tell them what I need done. Simple. Now thats because I know if some of those inspection items are going bad - but in no way am I mechanically inclined. I hope your next service goes better jgr7.

got wiper inserts also
a win is a win I guess.
Old 09-06-13, 10:13 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Jeff, what dealer do you go to around here? just curious.
Lexus of Concord.

Quick Reply: 60K service