IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

What's your suggestion for my 350?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-12, 10:21 AM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's your suggestion for my 350?

Hola CL members and visitors, on the journey to modding the body of my 350 I want to get some suggestions from anyone interested on what you think would be SICK to add to the LEX. The engine is already highly modded and am only looking to for outward appearance items now. Thanks all.

Please write the full name of what you are suggesting I may not understand abbreviations or what someone thinks is implied.

Thanks for the opinions cheers. When I leave work I will add a better pict and also a rear view. I know how you all like the view from the back...

and

Old 04-03-12, 10:32 AM
Kauro
Pole Position

What is your budget?
Old 04-03-12, 10:35 AM
Quik208
Lead Lap

Whats all done to the motor? As for the looks department :

Coilovers (bc > Megan)
Lip kit ( I like the ings or vertex)
Rer spoiler (wald)
Roof spoiler
Window tint
Rims
Old 04-03-12, 10:42 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by TooFly4Ya
The engine is already highly modded and am only looking to for outward appearance items now.
lol. this is a new one.
Old 04-03-12, 10:52 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ LOL...

If you haven't done it yet, F-sport Sway bars...

New wheels...I'm not a big fan of chomes. Or at least paint the stockies.

Add in body kit, visors, f-sport front grills...
Old 04-03-12, 11:00 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by projectdna
lol. this is a new one.
I questioned that too a few weeks ago........ His response:

Tons of tuning replaced perhaps half of everything under the hood, exhaust, intake, radiator ect and a nice little red button for the days I wish I didnt work 60+ hours a week.
Old 04-03-12, 11:02 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Coilovers
Lip kit
Rims
Tint
There are alot of options for each items it depends on your budget. So wont list names, but i have some personal favorites.
Old 04-03-12, 11:29 AM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by juvi22003
Coilovers
Lip kit
Rims
Tint
There are alot of options for each items it depends on your budget. So wont list names, but i have some personal favorites.
Originally Posted by heyarms
I questioned that too a few weeks ago........ His response:
Originally Posted by projectdna
lol. this is a new one.
As for performance mods, the same 99% everyone else has done with add ons/tuning my buddies have done. (Not sure why this is a touchy subject) If you want to spend $15K on performance you could do the same. Biggest HP gain so far as previously stated in another thread to "heyarms" is the bottle. Nuff said. Tons of money for limited performance =My IS. Back to topic.

@ juvi Budget I would say willing to put in minimum 5k - 7k. Besides the fact I'm thinking I should have just waited and got the ISF. For coilovers which do you recommend? And will this destroy my ride quality?
Thanks
Old 04-03-12, 11:30 AM
Shervin350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol i demand under hood pix whos with me?
Old 04-03-12, 11:32 AM
Gustavo250
Lexus Champion

lower it first then wheels
Old 04-03-12, 11:37 AM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by shadowman
^^^ LOL...

If you haven't done it yet, F-sport Sway bars...

New wheels...I'm not a big fan of chomes. Or at least paint the stockies.

Add in body kit, visors, f-sport front grills...
I was thinking about just getting these painted black but a few months ago my buddies and I were out in Tampa at a big car meet and I heard a car painter saying something about it messing the rim up or making it weaker or something like that on my friends Z06. Hince another reason why I began this thread. Didnt make sense. IDK it was late night. Painting my rims which are chrome to black is a good or bad idea?

Thanks man.
Old 04-03-12, 11:39 AM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gustavo250
lower it first then wheels
I agree any recommendations on which coilovers to get?
Old 04-03-12, 11:56 AM
don
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it's a touchy subject because you really can't mod the car that much. So when you say "heavily modded" people's reaction will be "BS!" but it's all relative. But I digress!

Depends on your taste.

I would lower it on coils and get some wheels. Probably a silver finish, not a fan of chrome, but that's me, then go from there. No need to buy everything now, you might change your mind once it progresses.

Remember. Your car, do what you think looks good.
Old 04-03-12, 12:01 PM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As for performance mods, the same 99% everyone else has done with add ons/tuning my buddies have done. (Not sure why this is a touchy subject) If you want to spend $15K on performance you could do the same. Biggest HP gain so far as previously stated in another thread to "heyarms" is the bottle. Nuff said. Tons of money for limited performance =My IS. Back to topic.

@ juvi Budget I would say willing to put in minimum 5k - 7k. Besides the fact I'm thinking I should have just waited and got the ISF. For coilovers which do you recommend? And will this destroy my ride quality?
Thanks
First off, I assure you I'm not trying to be rude or sarcastic with you as others may have been. But I'm genuinely curious what you've done under the hood that cost $15,000. I ask because I also have an IS350 and I love knowing as much about the car as I can - not only for my own benefit but so that I can hopefully share some of that information with other CL members. I've learned a ton from CL and try to give back when I can, so I'd love to know more about what you've done so that when people come on and ask questions I can be better informed.

For example, the main things people do for performance to the IS are intake, exhaust, and headers. All told I'm thinking this would be at most $2000-2500. Some people have thrown on expensive superchargers, which ranged from $5000-7000. So at most that's $9500 or so. You say you have NOS, and I don't know what that system costs, but I imagine less than $5500. So what could you have done to get all the way up to $15,000?

Sharing this info I know would be hugely appreciated by the CL community, which is always looking for ways to tune and mod the IS.

Lastly, what was your reasoning for settling on the IS350 if you had an additional $15K + $7K = $22K to spend on modding it? I settled on my car because I had $25K to spend on a car. If I had that plus another $22K to spend on a car I'd have been looking IS-F, M3, etc.. So I'm just curious about your decision process.
Old 04-03-12, 12:05 PM
mong
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

weird.. his info says he have a 2011' model but by the pictures shown is clearly a 06-08 2is

Quick Reply: What's your suggestion for my 350?