IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

California Notice of Intent to suspend anyone receive this?

Old 03-29-12, 12:54 PM
grassmoker
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default California Notice of Intent to suspend anyone receive this?

So i called all the contact numbers on the document and even went to the DMV around my area to find out how did i get this letter since i never been pullover(knock on wood) i tried calling the main DMV which is the sacramento DMV and all of them can't answer my question and have told me that they can't help me with this letter even it came from the DMV because DMV pulled out my records and didn't see any records of ticketing or even an issue regarding about this letter. Dmv just told me that i have a good clean record and can't help me anymore. I dont know what to do and i dont want to wait until my registration get suspended just to find out if this letter is legit or not. I always passed smog check as well and i dont know how does my exhaust affects the pollution?

I know i shouldn't have post this here since its not about my lexus but i just want to know if anyone had this issue before? thank you so much and any advice would be great! thanks fellow club lexus!
Attached Thumbnails California Notice of Intent to suspend anyone receive this?-imag1269.jpg  
Old 03-29-12, 01:16 PM
Legend217
Driver

Is your information on this notice correct ? ( license #, name, address, vehicle make/year). I would check back with them in couple of weeks. As for now you're ok since it didn't show on your record.
Old 03-29-12, 01:21 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you have another car that you got pulled over for? Did you need to go see a referee? Interesting letter and what's even more interesting is the fact that they can't help you. Good luck with whatever happens.
Old 03-29-12, 01:28 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What does model year/make: VOLK mean?
Old 03-29-12, 01:31 PM
xMrfreezex
Driver School Candidate

Volk= Volkswagen
Old 03-29-12, 01:35 PM
IS3003o3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by grassmoker
So i called all the contact numbers on the document and even went to the DMV around my area to find out how did i get this letter since i never been pullover(knock on wood) i tried calling the main DMV which is the sacramento DMV and all of them can't answer my question and have told me that they can't help me with this letter even it came from the DMV because DMV pulled out my records and didn't see any records of ticketing or even an issue regarding about this letter. Dmv just told me that i have a good clean record and can't help me anymore. I dont know what to do and i dont want to wait until my registration get suspended just to find out if this letter is legit or not. I always passed smog check as well and i dont know how does my exhaust affects the pollution?

I know i shouldn't have post this here since its not about my lexus but i just want to know if anyone had this issue before? thank you so much and any advice would be great! thanks fellow club lexus!
OP said it wasn't about his Lexus so Year/Make/Model - VOLK = VW. If you have a clean record then i wouldn't worry about this. Not sure how DMV's work in CA but try going to the DMV instead of calling. They might be able to help you better
Old 03-29-12, 01:47 PM
grassmoker
Driver

Originally Posted by IS3003o3
OP said it wasn't about his Lexus so Year/Make/Model - VOLK = VW. If you have a clean record then i wouldn't worry about this. Not sure how DMV's work in CA but try going to the DMV instead of calling. They might be able to help you better
i went to dmv myself and they sent me back home because my record is clean and they told me to try calling the number on the document but the number is not for dmv it's for those people who are deaf and hearing impared.
Old 03-29-12, 01:49 PM
grassmoker
Driver

Originally Posted by Legend217
Is your information on this notice correct ? ( license #, name, address, vehicle make/year). I would check back with them in couple of weeks. As for now you're ok since it didn't show on your record.
DMV was looking for some case number and vin number that was suppose to be on the document but i dont see those thing in it. The model/year/make was not really accurate because they just put VOLK which is suppose to be 2002/VOLK/GTI.
Old 03-29-12, 01:50 PM
grassmoker
Driver

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Do you have another car that you got pulled over for? Did you need to go see a referee? Interesting letter and what's even more interesting is the fact that they can't help you. Good luck with whatever happens.
No i never been pull over.. i have 2 cars and neither of them has any record
Old 03-29-12, 01:53 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

hmm the bottom part is about exhaust systems and air pollution. was there any "fix-it" tickets for an exhaust?
Old 03-29-12, 01:55 PM
grassmoker
Driver

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
hmm the bottom part is about exhaust systems and air pollution. was there any "fix-it" tickets for an exhaust?
like i said and mention earlier bro i never been pull over.. never had a ticket as well.. don't know why i received a letter like this and also i passed smog so i dont reallt know how could my exhaust affect the pollution? =(
Old 03-29-12, 02:17 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Yeah i got the same letter last week but i sold that car like 3 months ago lolz... also never got pulled over or anything... lolz Suspended registration lolz...

Last edited by ISF4life; 03-29-12 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-29-12, 02:31 PM
grassmoker
Driver

Originally Posted by blitz_714
Yeah i got the same letter last week but i sold that car like 3 months ago lolz... also never got pulled over or anything... lolz Suspended registration lolz...
did you do anything about it? or just let it go since u sold the car? maybe i should just sell the car then lol
Old 03-29-12, 02:38 PM
is150
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Have any new laws passed in your area? I ask because it looks like that these are amendments to current laws. Looks to be just a warning letter for the new changes to the exhaust laws, and if you get a fix it ticket or citation in the future and dont get it fixed or signed off on by law enforcement your registration will be suspended.

I wonder if they are only sending these letters out to owners of vehicles prior to a certain vehicle year? For example, all owners of cars prior to 2005.

Last edited by is150; 03-29-12 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-29-12, 02:43 PM
grassmoker
Driver

Originally Posted by is150
Have any new laws passed in your area? I ask because it looks like that these are amendments to current laws. Looks to be just a warning letter of the change to exhaust laws, and if you get a fix it ticket and dont get it fixed or signed off on by law enforcement your license will be suspended.
If this is the case and this is legit, I cant believe that you could face a license suspension in california simply for a equipment violation.
it's actually not about the license, it was my registration that is getting suspended but then i can't get no answer from the DMV. I hope it is just a new law or warning but you can see on top right corner it says my registration will be suspended on May 23 2012 and the thing is no one know how to correct this document.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: California Notice of Intent to suspend anyone receive this?