I can't be the only one...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-12, 04:50 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm gad I'm not the only one

Originally Posted by SB350
The parking brake is what gets me. When I have to drive another vehicle where the parking brake is in a different location, I end up stomping on the floor with my left foot at the parking brake location of the IS.
I've done this too at least once LOL
Old 03-13-12, 05:08 PM
8lastoff
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha this is funny, cuz I do this all the time too!

My wife's BMW is a push start too, but you still have to put the alarm remote into a little slot. Every time I use her car I forget to put that thing in the slot and I go straight to just pushing the start button. And every time I ask her, "why won't your car start?!"

And then when I finally figure it out I say, "this car sux!" hahaha (then I get punched in the shoulder by her LOL)
Old 03-13-12, 05:18 PM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

I find myself getting into the car without my key, trying to start it up, nothing happens, and then I start freaking out like something is wrong with the car. Takes me a second to read the "Key not detected" notice before I can calm down.
Old 03-13-12, 05:43 PM
Gladius
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

When I first got my IS, I had my son thinking I a secret "chip" installed in my hand where only I could open it...the entire time the key fob in my pocket....he thought that was the coolest thing ever....lol
Old 03-13-12, 07:19 PM
kingster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gladius
When I first got my IS, I had my son thinking I a secret "chip" installed in my hand where only I could open it...the entire time the key fob in my pocket....he thought that was the coolest thing ever....lol
Similar to what I used to do with my son at the time he was 8. I had him open the passenger door but would not open. I would rach closer and pretend I give him powers by holding his wrist. He would be amazed!!
Old 03-13-12, 07:36 PM
chaiyang7
Rookie

yea i do that sometimes. Just like when i was still into stick shift, i would slam on the break on an automatic thinking the brake was my clutch, scared the crap out of my wife so many times.
Old 03-13-12, 07:54 PM
6sick6
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha yea. I got a rental car the past 2 weeks since I'm painting my IS and I keep trying to push start the avenger!
Old 03-13-12, 08:28 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Haven't happen to me yet. I do always forget to turn on the lights now with cars that don't have automatically headlights :/
Old 03-13-12, 09:23 PM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

I'm so happy I'm not the only one!!! I'm so terrible about it, I walk up my Tahoe to open the door and get confused when it doesn't unlock, then remember I have to unlock it. I'm so bad about it that I spent 30 minutes searching my house for my Tahoe keys until I looked in the car and saw them sitting in the ignition... I get to used to technology, but how can you not. Keyless entry and start is the shiznit!!!
Old 03-13-12, 09:27 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a similar thing with the Push-Start button. When I use other cars that don't have the button, I put my finger there and realize the key is supposed to go there. Heh.

I'm used to changing the music tracks using the buttons the IS steering wheel as well. When I use other cars that don't have the buttons on the steering wheel and I'm pressing the button-less steering wheel with my left thumb, I'm thinking in my head "Why isn't it going to the next audio track?".
Old 03-14-12, 12:23 AM
Razima32
Driver School Candidate

i just purchased the IS and i am amazed with this whole feature. how does it know when i put my hands on it. wtF?how?
Old 03-14-12, 12:36 AM
kegleyb
Driver

^^^^It's a sensor. Touch, unlock, and BAM, you're in the car. You don't even have to get in the car, you transport into the seat.

I agree it's weird getting in and out of other vehicles when we are so used to our own daily drivers. My older GS tricks me every time! Damn traditional key fobs.
Old 03-14-12, 05:07 AM
jbjones85
Lexus Test Driver

I do this all the time when I drive my Fiance's accord. Last night in fact at dinner. The parking brake location also gets me all the time (she has a hand break on the center console).
Old 03-14-12, 07:53 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Walked outta my car a couple times without turning if off, thinking its off because i have the keys in my pocket.
when i drive my brothers car always feeling for the clutch forgetting both there cars are automatic
Old 03-14-12, 07:53 AM
mixa86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
the clutch is what gets to me EVERY time LOL

my daily is a 5speed integra
i just stopped driving manual after driving 5 years only manual cars 1 month ago when i got this car. Last week i need to brake very hard, i managed to engage manual mode automatic from regular drive and put a hole in my floor almost....was looking for my damn clutch and 2nd gear ))))

i really really wish the IS350 was a manual would be so much funner to drive!!

Quick Reply: I can't be the only one...