IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS250 stereo problem Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-12, 08:20 PM
Heyboss2JZ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

had a day off today but didnt see my buddy worked on my SC300 instead lol ill keep doin some more trouble shoots im gonna do what "RAMAIR" told me to do and check the speakers one by one or my boss also has a 250 might ask him to let me swap amps that might be alot easier then pulling door pannles off.
if the AMP is the problem how hard is it to bypass it for a after market one???
Old 08-05-12, 10:12 AM
Heyboss2JZ
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys first of all I wanna thank you all for your ideas. I've been out for a while and just got back to town that why I'm just now replying to this.
I was able to solve the problem I went with my gut and told my buddy to replace the factory Amp. I was able to find him a cheap used one for $230 shipped, (lexus wanted $600+) soon as it arrived slapped it in and I've never seen my boy so happy as of today its still good..
Once again thank you all..
Old 04-03-15, 03:15 PM
2fiftyawd
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default No

You guys are all wrong, im a mechanic and the same problem happens to me. Its because of a ground issue. It happens when condensation happens in your car assuming around the trunk near the amp. All you have to do is air out the car on a warm dry day. Open the windows and trunk and park in the sunlight. If that doesnt work. Take out amp for 10 min. Remove neg port on battery for 5 min. Then restart the car. If you hear a small sound when u turn on car and theres no sound, it means its still wet inside or high humidity.
The following 2 users liked this post by 2fiftyawd:
Dshai16 (12-02-22), is2sloww (04-15-24)
Old 04-12-15, 11:31 AM
ms2619
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine just went out yesterday! But the shop said their getting no signal from it, I guess I could try the drying method but I doubt its the problem because I had a JL amp above it covering it so most likely that would have gotten moisture first.
Old 10-29-15, 09:46 AM
KerriIS
Driver School Candidate

Hi All, I just had this problem this morning. Started my 2006 IS 250 heard two thump sounds and no sound from Radio or CD player. Turn it on and off , no change 2 thumps every time. My area did have heavy rain last night, from "2fiftyawd" remarks. Never had an issue before, have had the car since it was brand new, can't understand how it could have this type of new issue.

Any one have any ideas I'm open....... Thanks
Old 11-26-15, 10:01 AM
ccheple
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KerriIS
Hi All, I just had this problem this morning. Started my 2006 IS 250 heard two thump sounds and no sound from Radio or CD player. Turn it on and off , no change 2 thumps every time. My area did have heavy rain last night, from "2fiftyawd" remarks. Never had an issue before, have had the car since it was brand new, can't understand how it could have this type of new issue.

Have you found the problem?
Old 10-05-16, 11:46 AM
memoalkati
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KerriIS

Have you found a solution this problem?
Old 11-01-16, 07:21 PM
memoalkati
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

I Found a Solution to this problem.If your amp makes a static popping noise every time you turn it on. then the amp is fine. just needs to "Warm up". you can expedite this process by applying hot air from a hair dryer if you like but if you want a permanent solution here is what you do. Now you guys are going to laugh at me but I took out the amp from the trunk of the car. wrapped it with a thick kitchen towel and placed it back in without applying the screws. . When you place it back. make sure that no metal from the Amplifier is touching the metal from the base where the amp sits.. do that and plug in the cables after . and make sure the bottom of the amp, the sides and the top is fully covered with the towel after connecting all the wires. Now sit back and watch it work like a charm . I have no logical explanation for this excepts. it either needs to warm up or something with the ground wire is finicky. I did it after a member from this forum inboxed me and I laughed but did it out of desperation. Hope this works for everyone.

UPDATED : THIS WAS DUE TO A REAR AIR VENT LOCATED IN THE BACK BUMPER. WATER AND MOISTURE WAS PENETRAITING TO THE AMP. CHANGE THE AIR VENT AND THAT WILL RESOLVE THE PROBLEM:

Last edited by memoalkati; 05-30-19 at 08:58 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by memoalkati:
Megyesi (03-29-20), petersu33 (06-13-20)
Old 11-16-16, 09:29 AM
Luc2
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Intermittent radio without any sound output

Lexus IS250awd 2009 with only 37,000 miles.
The battery has been replaced two years ago.
I have a radio problem, every few days, when I put the ignition 'on' or start the engine even when the radio button is 'off ' I hear two loud low frequency thumps noises in the speakers located in the rear view window area followed by total radio silence, and if I try to turn on the radio I end up with no sound at all. Note that I can change radio channels or FM bands but with no audio output.The Lexus dealer told me probably I will have to replace the radio amplifier (1640$ cdn ouch...). I am surprise that the amplifier could be the problem, because when this problem doesn't happen the radio can play for hours without any glitches even at a loud volume. When this happen even turning off the engine and restarting won't solve the problem, sometimes it takes half an hour before restarting the engine or the ignition will finally bring back sound output.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
regards
Old 11-16-16, 11:32 AM
Luc2
Rookie

Default just forget something

The sound system is without ML without any GPS
Luc

Last edited by Luc2; 11-17-16 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-27-17, 12:36 AM
isfdude
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

It seems that it's a bad soldiering point Somewhere on the amplifiers bored or one of the plug connections. If there's no sound while turning it on then chances are something is burned out on the amplifier but if there is a double popping sound I have noticed different is250, is350 cars make a popping sound from different speakers which can indicate either a blown speaker or one of the plugs are not contacting the board correctly I'm going to re-solder a lot of points on an amplifier in my is350 and see what happens..
Old 08-27-17, 08:57 AM
Luc2
Rookie

Default Thanks

Thanks for your reply.
After posting I used an air dryer and after moving the connectors on the amplifier sockets the problem didn't appear again. If ever this same problem reappear i will follow your advice.
Luc2
Old 08-28-17, 07:07 PM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It's the amp. Some how it gets condensation over time. No sound and a pop when you turn on the radio. I did the hair dry trick and it worked temporarily. I ended up buying a used one from ebay for $150.00.
Old 08-28-17, 07:31 PM
Luc2
Rookie

Default Thankss

istarzan
Its since nov 2016 and the problem has not happened again... maybe I am lucky so far..
Thanks for answering
Luc
Old 09-12-17, 12:57 PM
isfdude
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I found out why this happens. Look at my other thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post9979830

Quick Reply: IS250 stereo problem Help!!!