IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Need advice on clear Bra

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-12, 01:01 PM
smackman
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need advice on clear Bra

I finally found a place 35 miles from me that installs a clear bra. They use Avery Nano Film. Is it a good film? Pros and cons please of this Avery Nano Film.

Also, we bought our 2011 ISC 250 last june. Is it to late to intall this film? There is a "few" pecks but nothing big time.

Thank in advance for the advice. I do not want to put a inferior product on my nice Lexus. I want it protected from most rock pecks and the dreaded Louisiana love bug and bugs in general
Old 02-27-12, 01:06 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Oh yeah, I've driven through LA in "bug season". Lets just say those auto-car washes at every gas station are non-stop busy! It is definitely not too late. Wish the previous owner of my 350 had the fore-thought of having it done; but alas, I'm almost to the point where I need a new front bumper.

I've not researched the brands of clear bra out there, so perhaps so internet reading could help you out there.
Old 02-27-12, 01:34 PM
smackman
Driver

Goggling Avery Nano Film shows positive reviews. Hopefully someone with personal knowledge will weigh in.
Old 02-27-12, 02:24 PM
Rickyp521
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 3M paint protection film it's prolly the best that I recommend cause I did do my fair share of research and i got the front end of my 2011 is. 250 including headlights and side mirrors for 575. I did it like two months after i got the car if you need pics let me know
Old 02-27-12, 03:28 PM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Never heard of it. But if it had plenty of good reviews, then your should be ok. Just make sure that the reviews are from independent customers or site.

I bought mine on eBay and installed it myself. I used the NuSolis clear bras, they do their job well and it's thick.

Next time I'm going for 3M... it's much easier to install and quality seems pretty good.
Old 02-27-12, 04:10 PM
smackman
Driver

http://www.nanofusionfilm.com/files/...spec_sheet.pdf

http://www.filmsolv.com/survey-of-po...ed-installers/
Old 02-28-12, 04:50 AM
PTmobile
Driver

Where is LA are you located? I install Avery Nano Fusion but I can tell you that they have not been producing it for about 5 months now so there isnt any out there. So I highly doubt that any installers have any left. If they do it tells me that they may not be installing much film... which usually means they are not a good installer. There are some compnaies out there pushing Avery film but it isnt the Nano line. Nano film doesnt have any logos or text on the backing so unless you know what to look for you cant tell if its Nano Fusion or not. If you can get actual Nano Fusion film you will be VERY happy with it. It is the best film out there period. 3M is junk compared to this film... and will prevent any staining from love bugs that you might run into. They are supposed to be starting production of the film back up in a month or so. Until then its VERY hard to find.

PM me if you have any questions.
Old 02-28-12, 07:42 AM
smackman
Driver

Originally Posted by PTmobile
Where is LA are you located? I install Avery Nano Fusion but I can tell you that they have not been producing it for about 5 months now so there isnt any out there. So I highly doubt that any installers have any left. If they do it tells me that they may not be installing much film... which usually means they are not a good installer. There are some compnaies out there pushing Avery film but it isnt the Nano line. Nano film doesnt have any logos or text on the backing so unless you know what to look for you cant tell if its Nano Fusion or not. If you can get actual Nano Fusion film you will be VERY happy with it. It is the best film out there period. 3M is junk compared to this film... and will prevent any staining from love bugs that you might run into. They are supposed to be starting production of the film back up in a month or so. Until then its VERY hard to find.

PM me if you have any questions.
I sent you a PM. The individual I talked to said Nano Film. I actually added Avery after I tried goggling Nano film. The installer is Auto trim design Monroe,LA. He said they worked with the BMW dealership.
I am definitely a "rookie" on this subject but I want my car done right. This is the only place fairly local I can find who installs clear bras. I am willing to drive to Shreveport if necessary.
Old 02-29-12, 10:38 AM
DKnight350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dealer gave me a loaner with a clear bra and I did not like the look at all. I was interested, but now would rather just repaint down the road if needed.
Old 02-29-12, 08:48 PM
PTmobile
Driver

Originally Posted by DKnight350
The dealer gave me a loaner with a clear bra and I did not like the look at all. I was interested, but now would rather just repaint down the road if needed.
Do a google search and check out some photos of some installations. There are numerous films out there so its not a good idea to see one install and think all are the same. I can show you cars that you would not be able to see the film at all. Thats how it should be. You typically dont find those installs at dealerships but at shops that specialize in paint protection film. And anytime you respray you kill the value of your car. The next owner assumes it was wrecked... and repsrays typically are never as good as the original factory paint.