IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Anyone order from Sewell?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-12, 10:43 PM
Rickyp521
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've ordered the LED Lighting kit and F sport key gloves
soon to order the Exhaust System and F sport intake.
Old 02-28-12, 03:38 PM
silver330
Driver School Candidate

Default Do it

UPDATE: 3/1/12 Darrel of Sewell Lexus has gone out of his way to make this right. Other than the initial communication problem, this seems like it will be resolved without further issue. Thanks Darrel.

Yeah, I've ordered. Now I'm regretting it. Placed an order for a bug defector for my RX330 and it arrived on 2/24 very poorly packaged and broken. Left a voice mail with the dealership the Friday afternoon it arrived and initiated an RMA request online. As of this morning, the 28th (Tuesday) I'd not heard anything from them so I PM'd "Sewell" for an explanation. I see he was online today pushing discounted LED headlights, but no response to my PM. I initiated another RMA request this afternoon and stated that if I didn't hear something I'd have no choice but to begin the dispute process through VISA. Here it is 16:30 EST (14:30 at Sewell) and still nothing.
Definitely not impressed. I appreciate that Sewell offers a discount, but not worth this kind of hassle just to save a few bucks.
I had already placed 3 orders prior to this and, although they did complete, I was unable to contact anyone at Sewell to make corrections to one of those orders. I sent an email and hoped for the best since it was never acknowledged. The order was corrected but without any "human" interaction. If you look over Sewell's parts website you'll see that there is no way to contact a real person via telephone. This should have been my first clue how they regard customer service.

Last edited by silver330; 03-01-12 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Situation change
Old 02-29-12, 10:28 AM
kramerlex
Driver School Candidate

damn silver330 you got me nervous now! I placed an order yesterday for some sparks plugs, sport pedals and lower front grille for my 2007 Lexus IS250 AWD. My first time ordering thru them..hope all goes well. A lot of folks seem to like them so i gave them a shot.
Old 02-29-12, 10:43 AM
two2tone
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not too fond of sewell now either
Old 02-29-12, 10:50 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kramerlex
damn silver330 you got me nervous now! I placed an order yesterday for some sparks plugs, sport pedals and lower front grille for my 2007 Lexus IS250 AWD. My first time ordering thru them..hope all goes well. A lot of folks seem to like them so i gave them a shot.
It's unfortunate for us all situations can at times morph into much bigger matters.

Kramerlex - your order is being shipped to your Hotel in the next few hours. A tracking number will be updated just as soon as it leaves our facility.

Darrel
Old 02-29-12, 12:13 PM
silver330
Driver School Candidate

Just to update. Darrell of Sewell did contact me today and is attempting to make this right. I get the impression that, due to their popularity, their business may be outgrowing them and they just don't have the time for "that personal touch".
Old 02-29-12, 08:19 PM
chyu
Driver School Candidate

Out of curiosity. Generally speaking, how do most local lexus dealers feel about installing lexus "f sport" aftermarket products that were NOT purchased through them (and through say, Sewell instead). Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-29-12, 10:23 PM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 43 Posts

I've personally purchased numerous items from Sewell with no delay or hassle... 100% customer service record from me so far....
Old 02-29-12, 11:15 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

I've ordered everything from sway bars to GFX front lip from Sewell. Never had a problem. Everything was always packed well, and nothing ever came damaged. Just my 0.02
Old 02-29-12, 11:48 PM
kegleyb
Driver

Sewell is the best. Hands down. Now I imagine they have their hiccups just like any online site / business, but they have been the only dealer in the southwest to deliver quality product & service to me. (Unlike the dealer I purchased the car from (their body shop is worse.) Anyway.....

Call Sewell Lexus in Dallas if you ever have any issues. Ask for Darrell, as you've seen his name on the forum. I've never received better customer service than I have from him. If he's not there or busy, leave a message. He's a busy busy guy and does everything he can to make things right for his customers.
Old 03-01-12, 07:51 AM
DRivera250
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chyu
Out of curiosity. Generally speaking, how do most local lexus dealers feel about installing lexus "f sport" aftermarket products that were NOT purchased through them (and through say, Sewell instead). Any help would be greatly appreciated!
they shouldn't give you any any problems about it. it is after all your car. unless its a lease i don't see them giving you any problems.
Old 03-01-12, 11:16 AM
chyu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by badpinoy
they shouldn't give you any any problems about it. it is after all your car. unless its a lease i don't see them giving you any problems.
Thanks for the quick reply. Any experience with how much one can expect to spend at their local dealership getting parts installed (like exhaust, intake, wheels?)
Old 03-01-12, 05:48 PM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chyu
I ordered the rear sway bar from Sewell. I had a difficult time getting the links off myself so I took it to the dealer. They hesitated at first but I showed them the Sewell invoice and they installed it without another question.

I've already posted on here once about my experiences with Sewell and just wanted to re-iterate that I've had nothing but the most professional results from them. Everything I've ordered (probably close to 10 times now) has been packaged, shipped, and received quickly and in perfect shape. If it's OEM Lexus parts you're looking for, they're the place to go!
Old 03-01-12, 08:30 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

ive had no problems ordering from Sewell. ive ordered my GFX front lip, interior lens kit and will be ordering some spark plugs tomorrow....Quick question i have a 06 Pre april and was told by my local dealer that its a different plug anyone else heard of this ??
Old 03-02-12, 05:46 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're all Lexus owners - and you should be treated as such regardless of which dealer you choose to conduct your business. Every dealer is independent of one another and allowed to price labor and parts differently (or the same). It would behoove you to check around should you be looking for the best deal or the best service.

We're here to help. If we can help with the products and services on our site then albeit we'll do so - and do so with a smile (smiling on the internet, that's funny ).

We'll be the first to say we don't get everyone one of our sales right, but by golly we make every effort to do so. If we didn't, then hold us accountable and we'll stand up, wipe the tear off our cheek and get it right.

We've been on these boards for over a decade now and we're not going anywhere. If we can't get the job done, then there's 225 other dealerships who can.

You're all Lexus owners and you'll be treated as if you were a guest in our home. Can we, will we? Well, that part is up to you.

Darrel

Quick Reply: Anyone order from Sewell?