IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Reverse Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-12, 05:30 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reverse Lights?

I wanted to ask a question about the Reverse Lights. The VLEDs are pricey but it seems somewhat nice. But as i was searching on ebay, and I saw a old thread before showing a Cree LED Reverse Lights that looked pretty bright to me. Here are the links below, please tell me what would you guys would do in this situation? But I really want something bright so it would look nice=].

Also one more question about the puddle lamp lights, I recently bought ijdmtoy lights and saw a thread from brociouz and saw a video of the VLEDs which is so bright compared to the ijdmtoy one. Is the VLEDs for the puddle light really that bright? I would like to order one for myself, if they are really that bright and nice. Links are also below of the Puddle Bulbs, below the Reverse lights.

EBAY CREE LEDS
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130617595497...ht_4586wt_1182

VLEDS REVERSE LIGHT
http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED-B...07296-1-2.html

------------------------------------

VLED PUDDLE
http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED-B...viewsTabAnchor

IJDMTOY PUDDLE (This is what I have)
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/168-194-282...10_sku_c03.htm
Old 02-07-12, 05:37 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

If you buy CREE leds, dont buy them from ebay, those are old designs that can burn out prematurely. Contact the vendor on the forums, its gonna cost you $40 but theyre worth it if you have dark tint. I have 5% all around and its very helpful.

About puddle lights: I bought the LEDs from VLED and theyre very bright. Ive never bought and bulbs from ijdmtoy so I cant really comment on that.
Old 02-07-12, 06:37 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

^ Thank you for the information, where could I find the vendors on here???
Old 02-07-12, 06:47 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TUNG
^ Thank you for the information, where could I find the vendors on here???
Vendor section: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...rketplace-118/

Cree LED thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...re-bright.html
Old 02-07-12, 06:51 PM
thebossac
Driver

i bought that same cree from the same ebay seller, it has been quite a few months already, it still works fine and very bright. btw, their shipping was very fast too.
Old 02-07-12, 07:07 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

I was looking at the thread and was confused on some parts, with the JLC and those other vendors, what would you recommend me getting most?? I see in your sig. you have a JLC Reverse Bulb. What website could I try to check it out?
Old 02-07-12, 07:08 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

Originally Posted by thebossac
i bought that same cree from the same ebay seller, it has been quite a few months already, it still works fine and very bright. btw, their shipping was very fast too.
I've seen this seller before on someone's thread thats why I was just looking again and what not, is there pics of yours that I could possibly take a look at?
Old 02-07-12, 07:11 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

I was looking at the thread and was confused on some parts, with the JLC and those other vendors, what would you recommend me getting most?? I see in your sig. you have a JLC Reverse Bulb. What website could I try to check it out?
Sorry about the confusion. The cree led bulbs are made by JLC. Message bausauto on that thread I showed you
Old 02-07-12, 07:21 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

Okay Thanks a lot!
Old 02-07-12, 07:48 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

BAUSauto is JLC, so you can get them from there. Japanese quality parts.

My car interior is using JLC LEDs.

I will be getting these turn singals from them very soon! CREE LED + 12 5050 SMD all-around. No hyper flash, and very bright.

Last edited by Sango; 02-07-12 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-07-12, 08:03 PM
thebossac
Driver

I've seen this seller before on someone's thread thats why I was just looking again and what not, is there pics of yours that I could possibly take a look at?
i installed in my brother's accord, i am planning to get another pair for my car
Old 02-08-12, 03:07 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The CREE reverse lights with the mini projector look pretty slick. My only concern is that the "beam" of light emitted is concentrated, whereas for reverse lights you'd like the light dispersed so you can see the periphery better.

As for the puddle lights, I have yet to see anything brighter than V-LED's high power flank LEDs. Unfortunately, the new, larger design requires some minor modifications, but it's worth it if you want bright.
Old 02-08-12, 04:48 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

Originally Posted by brociouz
The CREE reverse lights with the mini projector look pretty slick. My only concern is that the "beam" of light emitted is concentrated, whereas for reverse lights you'd like the light dispersed so you can see the periphery better.

As for the puddle lights, I have yet to see anything brighter than V-LED's high power flank LEDs. Unfortunately, the new, larger design requires some minor modifications, but it's worth it if you want bright.
yeah I see that the puddle lights has a new design in the V-LEDs, I was wondering if you know anyone else selling them? or at least something different but is bright that would fit without and minor mod.
Old 02-08-12, 06:37 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

yeah I see that the puddle lights has a new design in the V-LEDs, I was wondering if you know anyone else selling them? or at least something different but is bright that would fit without and minor mod.
I don't know of an equivalent that is just as bright. Maybe someone else can chime in.
Old 02-08-12, 08:40 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by brociouz
I don't know of an equivalent that is just as bright. Maybe someone else can chime in.
I know that Precision LED sells the complete set of led lights for the IS and they also include tools to help out with the install.

I originally bought blue LEDs from your guide but got tired of them so I ordered the white bulbs from Precision LED. I did not buy the bulbs for the puddle lights tho so I cant really comment about the brightness

Quick Reply: Reverse Lights?