IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Ultrasonic Blue or Nebula Gray?
Nebula Gray
42.86%
Ultrasonic Blue
57.14%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Selling 08 GFM IS250/ Getting 2012 USB or Nebula IS350???

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-12, 12:14 AM
TopGearLA
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling 08 GFM IS250/ Getting 2012 USB or Nebula IS350???

Hey everyone,
I am not only selling my IS but I am buying another one. I have been sorta under the radar on the forums, but have learned/read often.

I have loved this thing from day one and have only added subtle touches. The color alone just makes me do a double take even today. I am excited to get an IS350, lol have yet to even get to drive one, no dealer ever has one to test drive. Ultarsonic Blue seems to be my choice but considering Nebula Gray. Id love to see opinions on that. My only caveat with the newer year mode is the front fascia, i still would rather keep the original with GFX. Sigh... oh well thats why I want darker color since the front splitters are that much more obvious now. anyone else in similar situation please let me know things you've found in having the same car twice.

Current Pictures:

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-07-12 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Use classifieds for for sale content please, not discussion forum
Old 02-07-12, 12:16 AM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

the refresh 3IS is going to come out soon. are you sure you want to switching cars right now?

anyways, i vote for the nebula grey
Old 02-07-12, 12:22 AM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Love USB!! Very unique, and you don't see many of that color blue cars on the road. Eithe way congrats
Old 02-07-12, 12:23 AM
Authorize
Driver

I vote Nebula Grey because I have one and have yet to see another on the road!

Attached a few pics of my car so you can get an idea of what Nebula Grey is about.
Attached Thumbnails Selling 08 GFM IS250/ Getting 2012 USB or Nebula IS350???-imag0024.jpg   Selling 08 GFM IS250/ Getting 2012 USB or Nebula IS350???-img_0185-800x600-.jpg   Selling 08 GFM IS250/ Getting 2012 USB or Nebula IS350???-img_0188-800x600-.jpg  
Old 02-07-12, 12:35 AM
TopGearLA
Rookie

yeah i was in between even considering the new 3 series, but HOLY CRAP! priced out that car in 328 guise is more expensive than a similar IS350. And on the 2013 IS, I don't think I would be able to afford that when it first came out anyhow even in the lower trim. It's actually a lease and im nearing the end of it, so its really a new ISx50 or an AudiA4 which is a worse lease/buy/dealer experience and also set for a refresh/redesign.

After taking enough Lexus surveys, its obvious they are going the 4cylinder turbo route for the next IS in some form, and probably keeping the the v6 for the the faster car for what its worth. I have mixed feelings about the whole spindle thing when it translates to production. I've even considered the CT200 but i really dont want something even slower than the IS250 and FWD. So this has been a mental struggle for sometime.

Would you buy out the car, get an extended warranty, and wait? The new car would be a 3 year lease, so even the next IS would only be 2 years old by then and be a consideration. Anyone Please feel free to chime in pros and cons... if you would buy another brand, etc...,I am still open to considerations even though I am circling getting the IS350 F-Sport.
Old 02-07-12, 12:36 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Both are awesome colors...

I think Authorize's first pic shows NG the best....

EDIT - If you are going for a 3 year lease I'd definitely go with an IS350 F-Sport like you want - that way when the 3IS comes out you can decide to either buy out your IS350 or get into the 3IS
Old 02-07-12, 12:44 AM
TopGearLA
Rookie

Wish the two colors I am considering had available GFX side skirts. I put them on my IS250 and they are subtle but look so weird without. It allows for the front to match the sides way better, those who have done it know exactly what i mean. Otherwise, especially on the older models, the front looked like it was sitting lower and wider.
Old 02-07-12, 12:54 AM
Authorize
Driver

Originally Posted by TopGearLA
yeah i was in between even considering the new 3 series, but HOLY CRAP! priced out that car in 328 guise is more expensive than a similar IS350. And on the 2013 IS, I don't think I would be able to afford that when it first came out anyhow even in the lower trim. It's actually a lease and im nearing the end of it, so its really a new ISx50 or an AudiA4 which is a worse lease/buy/dealer experience and also set for a refresh/redesign.

After taking enough Lexus surveys, its obvious they are going the 4cylinder turbo route for the next IS in some form, and probably keeping the the v6 for the the faster car for what its worth. I have mixed feelings about the whole spindle thing when it translates to production. I've even considered the CT200 but i really dont want something even slower than the IS250 and FWD. So this has been a mental struggle for sometime.

Would you buy out the car, get an extended warranty, and wait? The new car would be a 3 year lease, so even the next IS would only be 2 years old by then and be a consideration. Anyone Please feel free to chime in pros and cons... if you would buy another brand, etc...,I am still open to considerations even though I am circling getting the IS350 F-Sport.
Before I got my IS350 F-Sport, I configured a 328i w/ M-Sport package, and found out that cost more. I didn't even want to bother with the 335i. I was going to get a CT200h F-Sport, but I got terrified when I was on the freeway.
Old 02-07-12, 12:59 AM
TopGearLA
Rookie

Yeah I wanted to try something new, like an audi, and really thought I was going to get the new BMW but both are too costly for one reason or another, and god damn I see more A4s in LA than any other car like it. It made me even consider the wagon as a result. But those leases and deals are awful. Lets not even begin with the whole single exhaust issue with non 50k luxury cars. And the dealer service at Lexus has been pretty painless which might as well equal amazing in any city. The IS250C is an abomination and a easy drop of the ball for what could have been a decent coupe, hell our cars almost pull it off now. I predict true IS Coupe in a couple years.

Authorize, Did you buy or lease from Longo?

edit: How are you liking your car btw. ride?mpg?performance? I obviously have the IS250 above right now and its quick enough to be honest, but just 50hp shy of ideal.

Last edited by TopGearLA; 02-07-12 at 01:13 AM.
Old 02-07-12, 01:51 AM
Authorize
Driver

Originally Posted by TopGearLA
Yeah I wanted to try something new, like an audi, and really thought I was going to get the new BMW but both are too costly for one reason or another, and god damn I see more A4s in LA than any other car like it. It made me even consider the wagon as a result. But those leases and deals are awful. Lets not even begin with the whole single exhaust issue with non 50k luxury cars. And the dealer service at Lexus has been pretty painless which might as well equal amazing in any city. The IS250C is an abomination and a easy drop of the ball for what could have been a decent coupe, hell our cars almost pull it off now. I predict true IS Coupe in a couple years.

Authorize, Did you buy or lease from Longo?

edit: How are you liking your car btw. ride?mpg?performance? I obviously have the IS250 above right now and its quick enough to be honest, but just 50hp shy of ideal.
Lease from Longo. Just got it last November. Am cruising around in the IS until my lease is up so I can get the GS. Want my contact's number there?
Old 02-07-12, 10:08 AM
flavious
Driver School Candidate

Default Another vote for NGP...

Just picked up a 2012 NGP IS350 AWD a few weeks ago. Nice color, but honestly I would have preferred SGM.

When I found out the 2nd gen IS was only going to be built until this summer, I expedited my purchase after seeing the grill on the new GS (I have to agree with someone who posted the similarities between that grill and the face of The Predator). And no desire to go back to a whole new series of recalls/fixes for the first few years of the 3rd gen.

Oh, if you get NGP, get the ML audio too. Other posts commented on how rare that option is, so image the uberness of NGP+ML !
Old 02-07-12, 11:40 AM
GilIS250
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm personally looking forward to the refresh... other than that Nebula Gray looks amazing, but USB is an awesome color.
Old 02-07-12, 11:43 AM
IS2FIFTY
Lead Lap

I'm not really feeling the Nebula so my votes goes for USB !
Old 02-07-12, 11:50 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I go USB!
Old 02-07-12, 12:53 PM
p0lo8
Pole Position

USB

Quick Reply: Selling 08 GFM IS250/ Getting 2012 USB or Nebula IS350???