IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Cruisin' down PCH...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-12, 10:10 PM
SCWB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

one of my best scenic drive, PCH (or Route1 or 101)
Old 01-31-12, 11:43 PM
is_baby
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks like a nice cruise! Driving through the Rocky Mountains is breathless lol that's the only scenic route I live by.
Old 02-01-12, 12:51 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

funny..i thought about it today after i came from tommy..i was off work and thinking bout crusing around PCH...
Old 02-01-12, 05:50 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Cali is where it's at! I like the rocky mountain pic.
Old 02-01-12, 07:28 AM
allmotor
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kauro
Where was the 3rd picture at? lol, i know it's on pch, but which city? Looked like a relaxing drive.
This is called magu rock to us locals... People like to come hang out and even climb the rock! Great views here for sure... This probably won't help unless your framiliar with the area though

Nice pics op!
Old 02-01-12, 10:36 PM
LOISF
Driver

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
always a beautiful day in Cali!
Yup, love Cali, I don't think I could ever leave!

Originally Posted by starknight
PCH is always a nice cruise route to go!
I agree! I need to do it more often. I especially enjoyed not having to dodge many potholes along the route I took haha.

Originally Posted by SCWB
one of my best scenic drive, PCH (or Route1 or 101)
Sweet

Originally Posted by is_baby
That looks like a nice cruise! Driving through the Rocky Mountains is breathless lol that's the only scenic route I live by.
It really was nice! Weather was sunny, breezy, and the traffic was sparse, just the way I like it!

Originally Posted by chris07is
funny..i thought about it today after i came from tommy..i was off work and thinking bout crusing around PCH...
You should! I need to find some other drives too, its nice to just take a drive sometimes.

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Cali is where it's at! I like the rocky mountain pic.
Thank you! Definitely, Cali is the place to be!

Originally Posted by allmotor
This is called magu rock to us locals... People like to come hang out and even climb the rock! Great views here for sure... This probably won't help unless your framiliar with the area though

Nice pics op!
Yeah I drove specifically to get a pic there at the rock, I know it was near/in the Point Mugu area but didnt know the rock was called that. I'm gonna go back when I get a DSLR-type camera lol. Thanks for the compliment.
Old 02-01-12, 11:07 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Excellent! I've spent many great summer days on the beach watching the waves crash against the rocks at Point Mugu. Below where you are parked, there's the original PCH right of way that you can walk to the edge of and watch the splashs. Also in your first photo, you can see the sand hill one can climb. Lots of fun with all points between Malibu and Oxnard on PCH. Car looks good too! I wanted to take pics near the same spot but didn't want to drive on dirt and and stain the tires. hehe
Old 02-02-12, 06:10 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

nice pics! when i was out visiting my buddy a few months ago in Hollywood, we made the drive up PCH into Malibu. Such an awesome drive and great view. Stopped at Moonshadow's for a bite to eat too.
Old 02-02-12, 07:09 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by charISma26
Thank you! It definitely is. The majority of my drive was just up and down Malibu. I did a little bit of 17 Mile Drive when I was at Pebble Beach for the GS launch last Summer and was intending to do more exploring but then I sprained both ankles the next day :-/ lol so that got postponed. I'm planning to return up to the Monterey area this Summer..
Wait! You sprained BOTH ankles!?!? I suspect there's a story there.
Old 02-02-12, 09:24 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I miss living in cali, crusing thru LA, west covina, Riverside, orange county
Old 02-02-12, 10:52 AM
6sick6
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Next time I'm in cali I'm gona cruise down PCH. I've always wanted to! Nice pics! Ima get me some when I go!
Old 02-02-12, 05:08 PM
carlos3366
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

You are lucky you live in Cali! ain't nothin' here in TX
Old 02-02-12, 11:12 PM
LOISF
Driver

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Wait! You sprained BOTH ankles!?!? I suspect there's a story there.
Haha its embarrassing! lol

I was at the Concorso Italiano auto show & I went to the port-a-potties which were disgustingly dirty (what did I expect haha) and I was like "Ew I'm out of here!" lol, the port-a-potties were like 1-2 feet above the ground. I was wearing flip flops which were slippery on the metal (I think) platform. I didnt even make it to the step to go down, I slipped, fell forward and landed on my left ankle, I had nothing to grab on to and so my right ankle suffered too as I went down lol.

This was in front of all the men in line for the port-a-potties :-/. I rested for about an hour and a half and then even though I was in dying pain I still walked the entire auto show! Haha. I also still parked my car the furthest I could at the hotel. My IS > Me LOL. I drove back to L.A. the next day with both ankles swollen as hell!
Old 02-02-12, 11:20 PM
LOISF
Driver

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Excellent! I've spent many great summer days on the beach watching the waves crash against the rocks at Point Mugu. Below where you are parked, there's the original PCH right of way that you can walk to the edge of and watch the splashs. Also in your first photo, you can see the sand hill one can climb. Lots of fun with all points between Malibu and Oxnard on PCH. Car looks good too! I wanted to take pics near the same spot but didn't want to drive on dirt and and stain the tires. hehe
Thank you! I haven't really driven around here even though I've lived in L.A. my whole life haha. I need to get out and around more hehe. LOL yeah I know @ the dirt but I wanted some pics. My car looks good because the camera doesn't show the minor blemishes :-/, but I do try & keep its appearance as good as I can. I try to tell myself "scratches are inevitable" but it never helps lol.

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
nice pics! when i was out visiting my buddy a few months ago in Hollywood, we made the drive up PCH into Malibu. Such an awesome drive and great view. Stopped at Moonshadow's for a bite to eat too.
Thanks! I didn't stop anywhere but next time I will. Glad you enjoyed your time here!

Originally Posted by juvi22003
I miss living in cali, crusing thru LA, west covina, Riverside, orange county
Awww I cant ever leave, Cali til I die! Haha

Originally Posted by 6sick6
Next time I'm in cali I'm gona cruise down PCH. I've always wanted to! Nice pics! Ima get me some when I go!
Sweet, be sure to share when you do.

Originally Posted by carlos3366
You are lucky you live in Cali! ain't nothin' here in TX
Truth!
Old 02-02-12, 11:40 PM
Kauro
Pole Position

Originally Posted by charISma26
Haha its embarrassing! lol

I was at the Concorso Italiano auto show & I went to the port-a-potties which were disgustingly dirty (what did I expect haha) and I was like "Ew I'm out of here!" lol, the port-a-potties were like 1-2 feet above the ground. I was wearing flip flops which were slippery on the metal (I think) platform. I didnt even make it to the step to go down, I slipped, fell forward and landed on my left ankle, I had nothing to grab on to and so my right ankle suffered too as I went down lol.

This was in front of all the men in line for the port-a-potties :-/. I rested for about an hour and a half and then even though I was in dying pain I still walked the entire auto show! Haha. I also still parked my car the furthest I could at the hotel. My IS > Me LOL. I drove back to L.A. the next day with both ankles swollen as hell!
Ouch? I literally could imagine that. I think i would've been laughing my pain off. Then get into my car and cry to my gf. haha.

Quick Reply: Cruisin' down PCH...