starknight
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

isF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-27-12, 09:27 AM
Trendzero
Driver

I have been in the same thought process lately.

Everyone has made valid points about the power diff. between the 350 and ISF meaning it is not really worth the extra expense if it is your DD but how many ISF's do you see on the road? You also become a member of a more exclusive club, IMO.
Old 01-27-12, 09:50 AM
Lexus408
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DigitalDon
I went the same route. Sometimes I wish I had gotten the F instead.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
I agree. There are times I wish I had gone with the F to. But my car is a DD and knowing the F was used and had very minor scratches bugged me. So went with a brand new car. Once I pay this off my next purchase will be the F.
Old 01-27-12, 11:26 AM
getfunky
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dmvp29
Oh yeah, I also have F-sport sway bars (front and rear) on my IS350, and I agree the ride is "harsher" but this is the hallmark of a true luxury sports car. You get to feel every bump and aberration on the road. This is the type of "feedback" that sports car enthusiasts PINE for.

The IS350 is not a grand tourer/luxury cruiser so why would anyone expect it to ride super cushy and comfortable with F-sport sway bars? It's supposed to be rough. You can really toss the IS350 around with sways.

The ISF, like the IS350 (with F-sport sways), also has a harsh ride, but I did not mind it at all. It's exactly what I expected, and I appreciate the sort of feedback the ISF provides during spirited driving.
Wow, I didn't think the sway bars would make any noticeable difference especially when going in a straight line. I thought the only purpose the sway bar serves is to reduce body roll, so how does it actually cause a "harsher" ride? I'm asking because if this is true... i'm getting some sway bars, lol. I've had my 08 is350 for almost a year now and ride does feel dull and starting to get boring. I'd love to have more of a sports car feedback.
Old 01-27-12, 11:37 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I 100% agree with post #8. I say rock an ISF if you can, but the only reason would be price was just a small fraction over what you would do with a 350.
Old 01-27-12, 12:13 PM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by getfunky
Wow, I didn't think the sway bars would make any noticeable difference especially when going in a straight line. I thought the only purpose the sway bar serves is to reduce body roll, so how does it actually cause a "harsher" ride? I'm asking because if this is true... i'm getting some sway bars, lol. I've had my 08 is350 for almost a year now and ride does feel dull and starting to get boring. I'd love to have more of a sports car feedback.
yeah this is my first time reading about sway bars making the ride harsher too, im about to get sway bars as well, but I wouldn't want a harsher ride.
Old 01-27-12, 12:28 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by langjaykev
yeah this is my first time reading about sway bars making the ride harsher too, im about to get sway bars as well, but I wouldn't want a harsher ride.

I've read the ride is harsher but not by much but like you,I don't want any harsher ride quality..
Old 01-27-12, 12:36 PM
neomedic
Pole Position

I say get the IS-F

I enjoy my 350, but nice to have the F.
Old 01-27-12, 01:00 PM
Salil022
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I have previously owned 2 IS350s and i am on my second F...IS350 is fast enough for daily driving and not much difference in speed between the two unless you get into triple digits... however, where F triumphs any other Lexus is in the driving experience.

After driving F for nearly 4 years, i would still own a USED CPO IS-F over brand new IS350.

Not bashing IS350, IS350 is an excellent DD with Speed and luxury however, cannot match the experience of F.
Old 01-27-12, 01:12 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Salil022
I have previously owned 2 IS350s and i am on my second F...IS350 is fast enough for daily driving and not much difference in speed between the two unless you get into triple digits... however, where F triumphs any other Lexus is in the driving experience.

After driving F for nearly 4 years, i would still own a USED CPO IS-F over brand new IS350.

Not bashing IS350, IS350 is an excellent DD with Speed and luxury however, cannot match the experience of F.
None taken, +10 for the F
Old 01-27-12, 03:01 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by getfunky
Over even roads there's no difference in ride quality.

Over bumpy, crappy, uneven roads however... the sway bars make the independent suspension less independent is the best way I can describe it... (ie more like a live axle suspension).... it's pretty minor honestly, and the handling improvement you get is much, much larger than any harsher ride on crappy roads.... unless perhaps you live someplace all the roads are horrible.
Old 01-27-12, 03:08 PM
IS2FIFTY
Lead Lap

My votes go for the F
Old 01-27-12, 04:55 PM
yoegster
Driver

Drive them both! The power on the IS-F is sick. BUT.....if it is a daily driver it might be change your mind. The IS-F is pure sports car. Trouble waiting to happen. Back end kicks out with every aggressive turn. IS-350 is power and comfort and with F-Sport package looks great and gives you upgraded performance. If you are serious about buying ANY Dealer can arrange for both cars to be there for you to drive. Drive them. I would love an IS-F but would be in jail or dead - driving it every day.
Old 01-28-12, 09:01 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Originally Posted by yoegster
Drive them both! The power on the IS-F is sick. BUT.....if it is a daily driver it might be change your mind. The IS-F is pure sports car. Trouble waiting to happen. Back end kicks out with every aggressive turn. IS-350 is power and comfort and with F-Sport package looks great and gives you upgraded performance. If you are serious about buying ANY Dealer can arrange for both cars to be there for you to drive. Drive them. I would love an IS-F but would be in jail or dead - driving it every day.
You sound like a marketing guy and definitely not someone who owns an F. The back end only kicks out if you drive like an idiot or drive like you're playing a video game. It's FAR from a pure sports car. It's a good sports sedan, but a true sports car leaves it in the dust at the track, believe me, I've definitely seen what a Porsche, a Corvette, or a GTR can do against an F on a road course. The F just can't keep up - not even close. Even the Audi TT laps VIR more quickly than the F.

All that said, I traded my 350 for the F. I was tired of the start up noise and didn't want to find out if there are long term consequences to it. I also wanted a more sport oriented platform, and I wanted Lexus reliability. I got all of this with the F.
Old 01-28-12, 09:09 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
You sound like a marketing guy and definitely not someone who owns an F. The back end only kicks out if you drive like an idiot or drive like you're playing a video game. It's FAR from a pure sports car. It's a good sports sedan, but a true sports car leaves it in the dust at the track, believe me, I've definitely seen what a Porsche, a Corvette, or a GTR can do against an F on a road course. The F just can't keep up - not even close. Even the Audi TT laps VIR more quickly than the F.

All that said, I traded my 350 for the F. I was tired of the start up noise and didn't want to find out if there are long term consequences to it. I also wanted a more sport oriented platform, and I wanted Lexus reliability. I got all of this with the F.
Yep I agree. Any rwd car the back will kick out if you drive like an idiot. The F does have some serious power but at the end of the day its still a sports sedan. Not a true sports car.

Quick Reply: Upgrade IS 350 to ISF?