IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Adding Park Assist

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-14, 05:59 AM
mrfresh
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kingster
I know that other members here would rather park the cars themselves and use the money to make other modifications to their cars. I would spend my money in a nice vacation and keep parking the car myself.
AMEN to that but I think I have sunk I few vacations into my car already.

Originally Posted by istarzan
I have the OEM parking assist. It doesn't park your car or work like that. There are 2 sensors on the front bumper and 4 on the rear. You can tell if an IS is equipped with it if you see circular button looking things about the size of a quarter on the bumpers. It's a fairly rare option.

How it works is when you are parking, or reversing, it will sense the wall or any other object you are closing in on and it will give a beep. The beep will become faster the closer you get. And if you have Nav, the screen will show a proximity icon and it'll turn from yellow to red the closer you get. Pretty slick if you ask me. It saved me twice already from backing up to other cars in tight spaces.

A funny thing happened too. I was at a red light and a couple of super obese people crossed the street in front of my car. My car went beep beep beep beep....

If all its going to do is beep you might as well go with an Aftermarket Parking Assist

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rostra-BackZone-Rear-Mount-Ultrasonic-Sensor-Automotive-Parking-Assist-System-/121288312842?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c3d58c80a&vxp=mtr
Old 09-18-14, 10:06 AM
vigaita
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Joelseff
I bought an electromagnetic parking sensor kit from eBay for 12 bucks. I'm planning to install it soon. No drilling required...

Electromagnetic Car Auto Parking Reverse Backup Radar Reversing Sensor Kit | eBay
Yes, I know this set, but for installation you still need to remove bumper cover and this system does not integrate with original visual screen information, as it should be originally. But regarding price-it is good.
Old 09-18-14, 02:50 PM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by vigaita
Yes, I know this set, but for installation you still need to remove bumper cover and this system does not integrate with original visual screen information, as it should be originally. But regarding price-it is good.
Well, I only need the audible sound because i already have the camera. What did park assist show on the screen for the original?

Also, removing the bumper cover is IMHO easier than drilling holes into the bumper and lining them up so it doesn't look like poo.
Old 09-21-14, 04:47 PM
vigaita
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jgbackes
Poster named: "164287356"

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...-assist-2.html

I got the computer already, and hoping for the sensors any day now. I have a diagram of where the holes go, but his post also says the locations are marked on the back of the bumper...

I'll keep you posted. Here's a PDF for the dealer installed kit from Lexus I don't think it's available anymore, and I really want the system interfaced so it will warn me if there is something too close to the back to put the top down.

Lexus Dealer Installed Parking Assist Manual

I'm going to print out the templates included in the PDF and compare to a ISX50C on the dealer's lot.
Hello, this poster for installation sensors is not as originally sensors are located, moreover this manual showing four sensors in front, but originally there is just two and they are more to the corners. As for the back sensors, this manual showing outside sensors being not on the corners as OEM has them?!
How did you end up with installation? I am waiting for someone who has OEM bumper with factory installed sensors to measure distances between them. Can someone help me?!?!?!
Old 09-21-14, 04:54 PM
vigaita
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jgbackes
Yes he was. I'll let you know if I find the wires there... Worst case I'll wire everything up and see if the navi will see the change.

Wish me luck

jeff
Hello, how did you end up with your project? I started, already, plugged in computer and navigation recognized it, just missing sensors
You can see part numbers and parts in second page of this discussion.
Old 02-12-15, 07:48 PM
1ofthe2000
Driver School Candidate

Default Parking Assist

Just bought a Lexus, and the only feature it does not have is the Parking Assist, I would absolutely love to have this feature for numerous reasons, mainly I live in a neighborhood with lots of little kids. Someone posted a little bit ago, about needing the measurements, but I thought the sensors squares are already in the bumper. Mine are, and from the outside you would think it had Parking Assist. My next question is, if they were able to added would it display it on the screen? Im very much interested in doing this, so please let me know!.
Old 02-16-15, 08:07 AM
vigaita
Driver School Candidate

Hmmm, it is interesting, you have squares in your bumper with sensors, but no ECU computer. Majority Lexus uses round sensors, and just few models like GS model has square in front. Are you positive there is no ECU in your trunk under lining?
Old 12-23-15, 04:47 PM
kameisama
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys,

I know this thread is really old, but for anyone like me who searched the internet for part numbers I'd like to correct the original poster and say that the front wiring harness is NOT what he mentioned. Part# 82114-53010 is for the dummy cap that covers the plug for the front harness on vehicles that are NOT equipped with parking assist. The part number for the actual harness is only slightly different:

Wiring Harness - Engine Room No. 4: 82114-53020

The wiring harness for the back is correct. Good luck!

Originally Posted by vigaita
Hello everybody!
Well, finally I am ready for this project - installation park assist system! Project total cost as today $287.50 not including my labor charges what will be measured by the beer bottles.
And YES! It is possible to add original park assist sensors and make them work on majority of your Lexus models! They are already prewired for these options, just missing park assist-clearance module and sensors!!! And another good thing these sensors needs just holes, they have retainers to hold them in places!
I just need exact location of holes on original bumper cover, front and back for ISx50 second gen..
Can someone measure and provide this information I will be greatly appreciated!
And for the beginning, little introduction about project.
A while ago I discovered that I have few wires in the trunk hanging (left side) which are not connected, after research discovered that it is back up sonar module and sensor connectors. I got ECU module (blue box), connected and instantly on the navigation screen appeared new icon for parking assist option!!! But because there no sensors- message appears "Check sonar sensors" and beeps when speed drops to 10miles/hour.
Well, now I got all parts - sensors and cables for installation and ready to perform bumper cover drilling.
So, can somebody provide measurements where they are located on original Lexus bumper cover. And I will post all project outcome with all pictures.

Parts what I am using for my 2009 Lexus IS 250 awd ML, navigation, sat, etc. is:

*Wiring Harness (rear x1)-82183-53010
*Wiring Harness (front x1) 82114-53010
*Sensors (rear x2) 89341-30021C1 (C1 is for black obsidian color)
*Sensors (front and rear x4) 89341-30010C3 (C3 is for black obsidian color)
*ECU computer 89340-53020
*Sensor clips (front and rear x6) 89348-44010

If anyone have questions, please ask me regarding this matter, I will provide links and other information where you can have sensors and modules for really great price!
Old 12-24-15, 11:18 AM
enlight
Driver School Candidate

Cool. Have you done the install?
Old 10-09-16, 02:49 PM
Shox5
Driver School Candidate

Default parking assist remedies for the front F type spoiler?

I just purchased my first IS350 2011. The first parking episode made me realize I could not accurately judge when my front spoiler would hit the "curb log" (my own name for those stupid things they put in parking lots to stop your tires from going further) As expected I pulled over one with front spoiler, luckily it was just high enough to keep from doing any damage but did scrape the bottom of the spoiler. From what I have read on this forum so far, I would assume my vehicle is wired for the front sensors. Having the F sport front bumper guard I wonder if the OEM sensors would actually "see" these types of obstacles and warn one sufficiently to stop in time? can someone advise as to a solution to this?

Thanks for any assistance.
Old 10-09-16, 04:44 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Shox5
I just purchased my first IS350 2011. The first parking episode made me realize I could not accurately judge when my front spoiler would hit the "curb log" (my own name for those stupid things they put in parking lots to stop your tires from going further) As expected I pulled over one with front spoiler, luckily it was just high enough to keep from doing any damage but did scrape the bottom of the spoiler. From what I have read on this forum so far, I would assume my vehicle is wired for the front sensors. Having the F sport front bumper guard I wonder if the OEM sensors would actually "see" these types of obstacles and warn one sufficiently to stop in time? can someone advise as to a solution to this?

Thanks for any assistance.
No the factory sensors wouldn't help detecting those parking "logs".